PDA

View Full Version : Swash drive

Joshuarowlands
09-04-2015, 04:36 AM
I'm interested in a swash drive machine but I'm unsure what one to go for. I want to be able to use carts and regular needles (without swapping all types of things out). Weight isn't a big issue. Want something I can color pack with and so soft blends. Clip cord is a must. I researched a bit. Leaning towards the gen 8, but unsure. So swash drive experts, educate me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

darkness
09-04-2015, 04:45 AM
i love the swashdrive cutback version :) -all what you need and can run both without to adjust and swapping out

Joshuarowlands
09-04-2015, 04:56 AM
Is the give/stroke adjustable? How is it better than the gen 8?

Joshuarowlands
09-04-2015, 05:00 AM
Are you speaking of the whip or the gen 8 rigid cutback?

darkness
09-04-2015, 05:16 AM
oh -sorry the whip ,with the gen8 you have some to change for use with normal needles -after loving it and use the whip i prefer the whip over the gen8 ,but only the new cutback. The older version was too soft for me and feels under powered

Butternuts
09-04-2015, 08:50 AM
I have two Gen 8's and they have been bulletproof. One I had set up for cartridges (all you have to do is remove the stay up spring, takes two seconds) and the other was left alone and used for traditional needle/tube. Awesome machines.

clint morrison
09-04-2015, 12:29 PM
IMHO the swashdrive gen 8 with the adjustable stroke and weights is the best most versatile machine. It wasn't a production model I don't believe but they will make them if up ask. It does everything well

Joshuarowlands
09-04-2015, 03:00 PM
Aren't the weights used for the stroke adjustment?

darkness
09-04-2015, 06:31 PM
stroke and hit

thesmokingmirror
09-07-2015, 04:20 PM
I have the compact vice its a great machine, I actually dig it a lot for regular needle setups. It takes maybe 2 minutes to change from cart to conventional. Top notch machine and performance

chris-in-cali
09-09-2015, 03:59 AM
I have the compact vice its a great machine, I actually dig it a lot for regular needle setups. It takes maybe 2 minutes to change from cart to conventional. Top notch machine and performance
i agree....and approve of this message....ha!