PDA

View Full Version : The new halo 2

hellraiser6662
12-02-2015, 12:46 PM
Just seen this on instagram come on gaston let's have so more info.. http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/02/65f829436f4f2c7b2d1aa607e5ec6378.jpg

Seanaskew19
12-02-2015, 12:59 PM
There's my belated Xmas present to myself!

brandonmull
12-02-2015, 01:49 PM
looks like the edge and the halo merged.

Seanaskew19
12-02-2015, 01:51 PM
Yeah, and I have the option to not use cartridges, bonus!

chris-in-cali
12-02-2015, 07:12 PM
think these ones run with the hex bolt system?

nouveau
12-02-2015, 07:39 PM
That grommet mechanism looks sick. Looks a little fragile too but idk anything about it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonmull
12-03-2015, 05:11 PM
Gaston, is there a pre order on these?

sacredsouls
12-03-2015, 09:40 PM
think these ones run with the hex bolt system?

It looks like the new motors so I am gonna guess it does. I was kinda disappointed when he said that all would use an interchangeable motor bolt and then the second one came out and you couldn't swap them. But I am glad to see that issue is corrected now. Maybe

hellraiser6662
12-04-2015, 05:26 AM
It looks like the new motors so I am gonna guess it does. I was kinda disappointed when he said that all would use an interchangeable motor bolt and then the second one came out and you couldn't swap them. But I am glad to see that issue is corrected now. Maybe
Hopefully it will ..the bolt motor is a great idea if you can always use it on the new generation that comes out and just buy the head part much cheaper. Plus if a motor goes down you can always just buy a new one without the hassles.... I think that way you will always sell a new machines as it wouldn't be to expensive to get the latest head unit.... its helps tattooists. But only time will tell if gaston goes down that route and be again a inverter not a money maker? Hopefully the latter as there is to many money makers in the world of tattoo. :mad:

chris-in-cali
12-04-2015, 05:29 PM
but wait……how would a hex bolt drive work on a slider type system?….hmmmmm…..

S_Trofatter
12-04-2015, 08:45 PM
Plug into a cam configured like that old stygma machine maybe?

sacredsouls
12-04-2015, 09:36 PM
I don't know but he just answered on ig that it will be hex bolt system.

joelhague
12-05-2015, 03:14 PM
The edge is a slider machine.... just a small slider. Its gunna work the same. Rotate and make go up and down haha

chris-in-cali
12-06-2015, 07:13 PM
not really man....its more of a direct drive than a true slider machine like the halo or bishop
but i imagine it would run along the same lines.....the hex will turn a machined piece that holds a shaft with a interchangable bearing

hellraiser6662
12-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Well just been on instagram and it uses the same bolt motor as the x. So if you have a x you just need to buy a halo 2 body. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20151209/231d175cbaf45732a2b0bb87a67a001b.jpg

joelhague
12-09-2015, 01:33 PM
No it works exactly like a slider. Cam spins makes slider go up and down. ... it is identical to the way a neo or bishop pushes a slider up and down i have taken all the pieces out thats how it is bro it is not a DDO it pushes the mini slider. The slider has a little notch in the back just like a bishop etc

joelhague
12-09-2015, 01:34 PM
The only difference is the cam is in the machine . Its mechanics are doing exactly what a bishop does with the give locked down...... direct drive is a loose term to people call a lot of rotaries with no give "direct drive" edge x has give sooo.. also if you neant Ddo direct drive orbital thats not correct either yes it has an adjustable cam like one and the way the motor fits in. But the edge machine sir. Is a linear slider machine in the same class as neo and bishop and halo etc I know because I have owned and taken apart them all

I don't know why the PIC is such low quality go on fk irons instagram and watch the bog down give video if you want to read the statement

joelhague
01-06-2016, 01:57 PM
29337 it looks like u need to remove the hex part of the hex bolt system and slide a cam from the old style motor bolt onto the hex motor shaft. Kinda a shame. Its good I have my standard halo motor bolt I find it kind of weird they are going a little backwards on this one it would be nice to stick with hex drive for everything as that is what we use on our direkts and edges .

vodu
01-06-2016, 08:36 PM
So sexyyyyeeeaaahhhh

Cyberitual
01-06-2016, 10:26 PM
will it stick to my fridge? ;)

sacredsouls
01-07-2016, 09:00 AM
29337 it looks like u need to remove the hex part of the hex bolt system and slide a cam from the old style motor bolt onto the hex motor shaft. Kinda a shame. Its good I have my standard halo motor bolt I find it kind of weird they are going a little backwards on this one it would be nice to stick with hex drive for everything as that is what we use on our direkts and edges .

It is a shame. I was disappointed when my motor bolt out of my halo wouldn't run my direkt. Then direkt to edge stayed the same. Now have to go backwards. I thought the whole point of the motor bolt was one motor multiple machines.

joelhague
01-07-2016, 01:32 PM
I am hoping fk irons gives us the option and can order the machine to use either motor bolt but I don't really see that being very easy at all . I guess this one is more in the halo only family then the spektra rotary family just gotta deal . the give does look pretty nice on the video . I don't know if they had it running at like 5 volts but it seemed silent I'd like to see it at 9 though with the give open fully set up with a t tech cart hitting a pound of flesh

joelhague
01-07-2016, 01:33 PM
Lol @ cyber ritual does the centri do that? Should advertise it can hold up your supply list as well as make sick tattoos :)

Seanaskew19
01-08-2016, 06:45 AM
It is a shame. I was disappointed when my motor bolt out of my halo wouldn't run my direkt. Then direkt to edge stayed the same. Now have to go backwards. I thought the whole point of the motor bolt was one motor multiple machines.

From a selfish point of view, I only have to buy a body now. Back of the net!