PDA

View Full Version : recent work with spektra edge x

thejackco
12-18-2015, 03:57 AM
This is my last work with edge x, I like it more than my thunder but still need to try different stroke-give configurations to find one do it all.
I feel I need a good grey wash set. The querubin I used intense grey wash. I think it came too dark ( I use light grey wash on face and most part) the leopard I made a 3,6,10 drop and full on big cups with panthera xxx and use diluted with panthers solution. It was too annoying to work with cause overtime I deep i got a drop either coming out from tip or spreading when contact with tattoo, so I have to touch the tip with a napkin to get rid of the ink drop.

Seanaskew19
12-19-2015, 12:45 PM
Why not make your own bottles of washes? It's easy, keeps things consistent and providing you always have a big bottle of decent black ( Waverley or Dynamic for example) in the cupboard you never run out. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than being ripped off by branded washes.

thejackco
01-01-2016, 03:48 AM
Why not make your own bottles of washes? It's easy, keeps things consistent and providing you always have a big bottle of decent black ( Waverley or Dynamic for example) in the cupboard you never run out. It's also a hell of a lot cheaper than being ripped off by branded washes.

I use to do it that way, but read somewhere that unless you are gonna waste the bottle soon, is not good to keep the mixes for long periods cause it can grow up bacteria , etc from the distilled water since the already mixes had preservatives but the one you make donīt. It also isnīt legal here in spain to have your own mixes cause here they have a stupid push bottle system and isn't possible to refill.
Iīm gonna give it a try and hope to get used to the "drops" method, so I just need to have one bottle for everything but also can make a darker or lighter grayish scale depending of tattoo and skin tone.