PDA

View Full Version : What machine do you keep coming back to?

OwlsDen
01-10-2016, 01:33 PM
I think a lot of us like to explore machines and try new things. Is there any machines that you all just can't live without? What machine always pulls you back?

For me the Swashdrive Gen 7 and Gen 8 always bring me back. No matter what else I use those two are a bit of a dream combo for me.

I went almost all carts for a while and have used the Cheyenne Thunder and the Hawk Pen as well as a number of other machines with carts. Although somehow I always wind up back at standard needles.

I always expect thereto be abject great thing but nothing better seems to be around. Just curious to see what everyone is using these days.

nivek
01-10-2016, 01:52 PM
Swash 8 Dan Kubin mc14 and my d20 - couldnt live without them.
Coils - Lucas Ford Liner - Mini bulldog and Juan Puente shader

pete
01-10-2016, 02:23 PM
Flite,brought one sold it brought one again.i have a gen 8 and other machines but the flite just works for me.done the same and went back to standard needles and then realised what a ball ache it is setting up several machines so staying on carts.

JoeyJimz
01-10-2016, 03:00 PM
I've been using nothing but my FK Irons Edge for everything Lining and shading

Patrick
01-10-2016, 03:15 PM
I really like using a variety of machines. But I always go back to my Compact and Flite. As far as non cartridge machines, I'd be lost without my Neotats.

acink
01-10-2016, 03:16 PM
I use both setups as I still love to use my Rotary works and could not let my hyper v3 out of my line up as it was my go to machine for well over a year, I now use my Cheyenne Spirits and the hawk pen as it suits me only having 2 machines set up rather than the 5 regular set up I use to have. I have the Cheyenne hawk and rarely use it so it just sits in my tool chest just cant take it to shift it on as I didn't give it a good run compared to my spirits and the Cheyenne pen.

asA
01-10-2016, 07:35 PM
I always end up back at my thunder or my jack steel juggernaut v1. I'd use the compact swashdrive alot more if it weren't so back heavy!!! Which makes me excited about the new brushless versions of the machines swash is coming out.

OwlsDen
01-10-2016, 07:55 PM
I always end up back at my thunder or my jack steel juggernaut v1. I'd use the compact swashdrive alot more if it weren't so back heavy!!! Which makes me excited about the new brushless versions of the machines swash is coming out.

I hear that, I still have the Gen 5 ( it's brushless I assume uses the same brushless motor ) and it's a monster. I really think it would be a strange animal with the flexibility of the 8 or compact. I think the new Swashdrives will be real good machines.

John
01-10-2016, 09:23 PM
Arron Cain Roundback for lining. The old cast ones. (I have 3 and a one fourth coming)

Patrick
01-11-2016, 08:42 AM

Yeah, the Compact is a little top heavy. I'm really stoked to try out the Swashdrive brush when it comes out.

DougHardy
01-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Inkjecta Flite, Swashdrive Gen 8 & Compact.

ATS
01-11-2016, 02:41 PM
Compact here too.. It just works, and is so adjustable.. Still haven't tried it with regular needles yet....
Just got a Whip a few weeks back, and that may challenge once I've gotten some more hours on it.

Jesse Phillips
01-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Man, it was the gen 8 but after two going bad on me I don't think Ill order another (Swashdrive is replacing my gen 8 with a Whip at my request so no foul on them)
Im loving my Whip, Rotary Works sliders, and my trusty old Mike Metaxa Direct drive.

OwlsDen
01-11-2016, 08:07 PM
The whip is great. I need one so badly

hellraiser6662
01-12-2016, 06:11 AM
I've us my flites v2 and my dragonfly ss for lining. I've learnt along time ago is you'll never find that perfect machine and you have to learn each machine how to use it. So I picked the flites and stuck with them. Though I do get pangs to buy other machines but in my heart I know it be like all the same a dispointment or nothing special. I did have a whip mark 1 and gen 7 but the motor went and I got a replacement but it never felt the same after that so I got rid of both when I had a machine spring clean out.

joelhague
01-12-2016, 02:10 PM
I would let me whip go owls den make me an offer it is basically brand new with everything. I like it but for me I keep coming back to my edge x. Clients tell me the whip is almost painless though and a few prefer my coils over edge x pain wise

Bishopbyname
01-12-2016, 03:11 PM
Coils wise definitely my Micky Sharpz Brass Hybrid, as far as rotarys go Flite, Whip and Axys are always in my daily rotation at one point or another. I forgot just the other day how awesome the Whip is, particularly for B+G.

Brian Russell
01-13-2016, 02:41 AM
Neotat Vivace for me. 4.2 Majic motor with carts always does the job.

OwlsDen
01-13-2016, 05:21 AM
Neotat Vivace for me. 4.2 Majic motor with carts always does the job.

I have always wanted to try out the magic motor. I have had a few NeoTat models and always liked them.

TattoosByRob
01-14-2016, 12:47 PM
I find myself reaching for my Neos more often than anything else

brandonmull
01-14-2016, 12:58 PM
The Edge X, I damn near sold off every other machine I owned.

Invertedpixel
01-15-2016, 12:22 PM
I find myself going back to the mailbox style neo-tat when I need to do saturated color work. My compact for everything else.

OwlsDen
01-15-2016, 01:07 PM
I find myself going back to the mailbox style neo-tat when I need to do saturated color work. My compact for everything else.

I hear you I often grab a direct drive or liner for color packing. Nothing else goes as fast.

Colby
05-14-2016, 02:47 AM
All my old Stigmas. Even my refurbished Bizarre. They've just grown on me. I'll have a day where I start with the whip or dragonfly...but I usually revert back to one of the Stigmas before the session is over...even though I really like my other machines.

MatFink
07-19-2016, 11:02 AM
since picking up a hawk thunder I've used it alone for literally everything since november. When it started playing up a few weeks ago you'd think my throat had been cut. (still under warranty so will get seen to, but in the meantime back to normal setups).

normal go-to's outside of that: luckys mini bulldog liner, soba racehorse liner, and gen7 swashies, bulletproof lineup.

Cabal Tattoo
07-31-2016, 09:16 PM
My two Neos, Vivace and old model and my Dan Kubin mc14 with motor upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bishopbyname
08-07-2016, 02:56 PM

Shame they're discontinuing the Compact. :confused:

nathan bauer
08-12-2016, 11:51 PM
Edge x for me.everyonce in awhile I miss my V2 for big magnums. But that edge x is just my favorite tool. Have had nothing but great customer service as well.