PDA

View Full Version : Legacy Needle Cartridges

Tat2nu
01-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Just thought I would let everyone here know that Needlejig launched our cartridges at the Minneapolis show about a week ago So far the reviews have been good with only a couple small issues regarding some bug pin flat openings being a little loose. I already have my factory working on two new tip sizes to accommodate this. This is going to take about 2 months due to the Chinese New Year coming up quick. Yes, these are my cartridges and not just another companies that are put in a box I designed. My companies needles, my companies molds, my companies time and my companies money invested. There is no way that I could allow myself to simply repackage like most other companies do. Besides, if you had ever used my needles the differences would be obvious if they were not mine. I do not log in here a lot so if you have any important questions it is best to reach me at the warehouse if you need a fast response. I have set up a coupon code for the forum ROTARY to be used when viewing your cart that will get you 15% off your next needle purchase with my company so you can give them a try. This will include regular needles on bars also if you want to stock up. I will be adding more groupings as time goes on so please let me know what you would like to see.

www.needlejig.com (http://www.needlejig.com)

Thank you,
Marc

thesmokingmirror
01-19-2016, 03:08 PM
Look forward to trying these!

joelhague
01-19-2016, 03:35 PM
Love the catch phrase good choice

Ryanbluebirds
01-20-2016, 10:53 PM
I ordered some when they came out. Pretty happy with them so far. Glad to here you are fixing the bugpins being a little loose in some of the tips! That was really the only complaint I had. Much better than kingpin's slot-lock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bretttattoos
01-21-2016, 09:34 AM
Tried them in Minneapolis , seems like they have very little tension which I think is good to allow the machine to run faster . Should be great for the stylus users out there .

Tat2nu
01-21-2016, 09:59 PM
[QUOTE=Ryanbluebirds;126078]I ordered some when they came out. Pretty happy with them so far. Glad to here you are fixing the bugpins being a little loose in some of the tips! That was really the only complaint I had. Much better than kingpin's slot-lock.

Thank you! To be honest the bug pins were a last minute add. I wanted to start with a slow launch of #12's only but as I got closer more people were interested in the smaller pins. As soon as we were aware of the issue I requested 3 new tip sizes from the factory but the Chinese New Year is going to slow the production on the new molds. It will be about two months but two smaller tips and a 23F tip are in the works.

Tat2nu
01-21-2016, 10:02 PM
Tried them in Minneapolis , seems like they have very little tension which I think is good to allow the machine to run faster . Should be great for the stylus users out there .

Thank you! I am hoping that tattooers like the tension I chose but if it becomes an issue we will change it down the road. The only possible thing we have noticed so far is that it may be a tad noisier on some machines due to this but still works perfectly fine. I sent some to Rich from Stylus the first week so you can go ahead and ask him what he thinks.

fkirons
01-22-2016, 11:09 PM
Well thanks to Marc I had the opportunity to try about all 7 different configurations on my fiancé and an old customer so far. I like the liners a lot. The Mags I tried were curved #10 bug pins but since I tattoo with straight Mags these seemed to curve for me. But I never got around curve Mags. How I tattoo,it seems like I'm not aware of how many needle are actually going in.

At the beginning I noticed the needles were a bit noisier than hawk or ttech but that didn't bother me at all and they seemed to get quieter with use.

I'm sure this will get revised pretty soon.

I like the fact that the Mags are held by the side rails of the tip giving you that steady stroke without flapping.

So far other than Cheyenne and T Tech this are the only needles that I've tried that seemed to be done right and not just another cartridge. And I tired them all constantly.

The locking mechanism performs and twist all the way. Unlike other brands that they stay half way locked, fit too tight or too lose.

I'm sure I'll be able to assess the quality and performance with more tattoos but so far so good. I am back to tattooing at least one or two pieces a week so I expect to order a good assortment of them soon. A lot of old pieces to be finished 😊

Good job Marc.

Tat2nu
01-23-2016, 07:32 PM
Well thanks to Marc I had the opportunity to try about all 7 different configurations on my fiancé and an old customer so far. I like the liners a lot. The Mags I tried were curved #10 bug pins but since I tattoo with straight Mags these seemed to curve for me. But I never got around curve Mags. How I tattoo,it seems like I'm not aware of how many needle are actually going in.

At the beginning I noticed the needles were a bit noisier than hawk or ttech but that didn't bother me at all and they seemed to get quieter with use.

I'm sure this will get revised pretty soon.

I like the fact that the Mags are held by the side rails of the tip giving you that steady stroke without flapping.

So far other than Cheyenne and T Tech this are the only needles that I've tried that seemed to be done right and not just another cartridge. And I tired them all constantly.

The locking mechanism performs and twist all the way. Unlike other brands that they stay half way locked, fit too tight or too lose.

I'm sure I'll be able to assess the quality and performance with more tattoos but so far so good. I am back to tattooing at least one or two pieces a week so I expect to order a good assortment of them soon. A lot of old pieces to be finished 

Good job Marc.

Thank you Gaston, coming from you that means a lot.
I need more feedback from regular cartridge users to pinpoint the noise as they are still a bit foreign to me. At this point I am thinking it is the return band tension like I said above but I will keep looking.
I had the idea for the guides on the side rails for years but couldn't say a word until they were out.

Thanks again,
Marc

artoftatt2
01-23-2016, 08:20 PM
I plan on ordering some
Soon unless you will be at the Cleveland show?

Tat2nu
01-23-2016, 10:32 PM
I plan on ordering some
Soon unless you will be at the Cleveland show?

I will definitely be in Cleveland next weekend.

artoftatt2
01-25-2016, 01:29 PM
See you their sir

MR-NME
02-03-2016, 01:26 AM
I'm loving these carts/ finally bug pin 3s it's like a single with heavy flow :) seems I'll be switching to these for now on...

artoftatt2
02-03-2016, 09:58 AM
I bought a few boxes and have liked them a lot great quality

eduki
02-03-2016, 12:13 PM
Great news! Will we have them in Europe by any distributor soon?

sacredsouls
02-04-2016, 09:40 AM
I got a few samples of these which I like the sample option for obvious reasons but it is nice if you wanna grab a needle that you don't use that often.

They are nice cartridges and I like them being clear. The only gripe I have is when using one of these and another brand cartridge the plungers are quite a bit different. I was using a legacy liner and had about 3mm of hang and then popped in a ttech 9 mag and it didnt even push passed the tip of the tube. Not a big deal just stop and adjust but I have found that within brands they are almost always the same amount of hang without moving the grip.

sleezy23
02-08-2016, 12:57 PM
got em in, been running the heck out of em. my favorite carts so far! great needles, great carts. really love the mags too.

acink
02-08-2016, 03:08 PM
Looking good ill put an order through in the coming day and give them a run!!

S_Trofatter
02-17-2016, 06:55 PM
I will definitely be in Cleveland next weekend.

please please please please make a textured curved mag and textured liner option. the lack of textured needles in the carts market is why i havent bought any significant number of them yet.

Tat2nu
02-24-2016, 08:39 PM
I have not been on here is a bit with all my traveling to shows and I want to say Thank You for the kind words. I am glad that many of you are digging what I am doing with the Legacy cartridges. The soft launch was quite successful and we have now ordered many of the most popular configurations that should start showing up on the site in the next few weeks. A slight modification to the rear hook and we need to make a few more tips to get all the sizes that we want and we should have all that accomplished within the next 60 days. My needles are approximately 1.5mm longer from the back of the plunger to the needle points. I am trying to take advantage of what i consider wasted space and movement that I noticed in other cartridges. This may result in grip adjustments between brands but I am really hoping that people can find what they need in my products and utilize mostly our cartridges to produce their work. I would have liked to make more drastic changes in design but I needed to start within the constraints of what people are using at this point and then persuade artists to to follow me along the design road to the eventual final product at a later point once they know my quality and intent.

Here is what we will be offering for our standard line up:

#12 Standard Needles
Tight Liners - 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9
Bold Liners - 5, 7, 9, 11 & 14
Round Shaders - 5, 8, 11 & 14
Magnums - 5, 7, 9, 11, 13 & 15
Round Magnums - 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 & 23

#10 Bugpins
Tight Liners - 1, 3, 5, 7 & 9
Bold Liners - 5, 7, 9, 11 & 14
Magnums - 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15 & 17
Round Magnums - 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17 & 27

#8 Bugpins
Tight Liners - 3, 5, 7 and 9
Magnums - 7, 9, 11, 15, 17 & 21
Round Magnums - 7, 9, 11, 15, 17, 21 & 33

Pricing is:

1 - 5 Needle $25.00/20 box
6 - 10 Needles $30.00/20 box
11 - 20 Needles $35.00/20 box
21 - 30 Needles $40.00/20 box
21 - 40 Needles $45.00/20 box

This will be a total of 77 configurations to choose from. The sizes in Underlined are available now and more arriving shortly and over the next couple of months. Sorry but there are no plans for textured cartridges at this point but I will consider making custom cartridge styles for people but I need to figure out the production minimums and charges for those products. If I get enough interest in any grouping I will gladly add it to the regular line up but need to be careful with that. In the past I have watched a lot of needles go out of date and seen money lost trying to keep just a few people happy.

Thanks again,
Marc

Zbel
02-25-2016, 02:11 AM
when are they available in europe ? ;)

ATS
02-25-2016, 02:25 AM
when are they available in europe ? ;)
Yes please.. we need to have these over in the EU!

Tat2nu
02-25-2016, 01:40 PM
I really do not have a lot of connections in Europe. Please let me know who you think would be a good company to carry Legacy over there. If you know any of the supply company owners personally please have them contact me directly if they are seriously interested. [email protected] is the best way to get me.

Thank you,
Marc

InkTillYouDrop
02-25-2016, 06:03 PM
For europe, http://www.barberdts.eu/ would be nice as a reseller, i buy all the time from them, they only sell to pros and really verify and their customer service is top notch IMHO

hellraiser6662
02-25-2016, 09:05 PM
I think the problem you are going to get is cheyenne isn't going to like it on there door step and will say to killerink, barber dts, powerlinesupplies, Starr tattoo. That they will pull the plug on supplying them? But you can give them ago it wouldn't hurt to try. But you could try central tattoo supplies they are officially fusion suppliers in the uk and don't have any products buy cheyenne on there site. I use them and they are a good company to Deal with, they don't have poncy sponsored artists to bullshit you. Just a good people. There number is +441630637107 email is [email protected]

jeff tarinelli
03-06-2016, 06:02 AM
I hope to see in the future medium taper liners and 11rounds which is my go to needle. These look very nice I'm ordering some on Monday.

sacredsouls
03-07-2016, 08:59 AM
I just ordered my second batch of these needles and how happy I am to have needle jig needles in a cartridge.

These needles are awesome and I don't mind paying the difference between these and the cheaper companies because I know what quality I am getting already.

sleezy23
03-09-2016, 01:28 PM
great needles! love em. love the clear tips! love the needles. only had a couple that didnt want to fit in the tubes, but overall great!

justinsmith
03-14-2016, 12:55 PM
Best carts yet imo...only problem I'm having is on my stylus machines I'm having to back my grip out past where it should (almost unscrewed ) be for proper throw. Quality is legit for sure though, maybe a little less travel but still they lay ink very well!!

hellraiser6662
07-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Bump ... in the uk yet or europe?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Assassin Rich
08-06-2016, 02:22 AM
Great carts.

ta2rts
08-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Been using them in my hawk pen and all I can say is fantastic!!

hellraiser6662
08-08-2016, 10:54 AM
Ordered some to the UK. Easy to order and get but now the pound is a little shit at the moment, against t-tech im not seeing much difference that stands out. I have noticed is they are isnt the best for the flite v2 combo they are just that bit to long, you cant get it to adjust the needles back into the cart like t-tech. There is to much hang in the mags and im not going to make the push bar shorter just to make these fit i going to trim some off the cart instead. If there was a uk dealer i would use these all the time if the price was right. Otherwise t-tech are still better value and better fit for the flite v2 combo cheyenne grip set up. But i will let you know how i feel once ive gone though a box of needles and gone though the sizes i bought and how they did on bng and colour.. more to come.. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160808/204a57ed681fddfe8ee3ceb3ff528861.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk