PDA

View Full Version : Stylus motor sucks... brushless replacement or anything else?

Barrett Russell
01-23-2016, 01:22 PM
So my Stylus motor lasted all of 4 months, was beginning to get warm within a month. I have found the faulhaber replacement, but 1 watt power 6000 rpm at 12 volts...eek this thing has tattoo NOT written anywhere on it. What does Cheyenne use in the pen? Its gotta be better than this POS. Oh my cam also fell apart within the first month, and I had to source the part from a person because after a phone msg, emails, Facebook, and instagram msg...Rick couldn't find the time to reply. Also I'm aware of his new stronger design, to be honest, other than maybe getting this fixed I really don't want to give another dime to Stylus.

Thanks for any direction to search for motors.

Barrett

Tattoo junk
01-23-2016, 07:34 PM
4month that sucks!! I love my stylus but this isnt the first time i hear about these fails and also the complains about there customer service being slow..i think its good to know where we can get extra parts elsewhere.

I do think you should hang in there and keep contacting them, they need to help you with this.
Goodluck man.

hellraiser6662
01-26-2016, 08:06 PM
It's the same motor that goes into the centri. I had one and noticed it was the same as my mark 1 12v centri. Them motors are very easy stressed and go down. I had 2 go on my mark 1 till mike put in a 12v version. Now I don't use it just sits on the shelf with my coils haha ... http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160127/af5f6443ae9e50d3013cb6f6467bfd20.jpg

Patrick
01-27-2016, 08:33 AM
Man, that's weird... I've had both my H and S models for almost two years now and have never had an issue with either one.
I've read more than a few posts about them being underpowered and the motors failing. But mine haven't let me down yet. Sucks yours crapped out, man.

OwlsDen
01-27-2016, 02:48 PM
You could fit a brushless motor in there if it is the same size. The issue is that brushless motors need a controller to work. Otherwise most ( pancake ) motors of the same size run at low speed with very little torque. The faulhaber that is in there is the best you can get in that size.

If you can find a brushless the same size and fine a mini controller that you can cram in there it would be a monster. However if that was easy to do, the stylus would come with one.

Barrett Russell
02-01-2016, 01:51 PM
thanks for the replies all! I am almost considering sourcing a motor for it from faulhaber. but at .9 watts of power, seems like an exercise in futility. Ill keep ya posted if I find anything that works. Brushless would be the way.

OwlsDen
02-01-2016, 04:21 PM
It has a faulhaber motor. Sounds like you are sourcing the same motor

acink
02-02-2016, 04:30 AM
I Contacted Faulhaber uk last week for the motor for my pen and the motor was coming in at 55 GBP and shipping the same so not to bad all in all hope to have it this week,contact them with your part number there are very helpfull hope you get is sorted soon.

Jack Steel
02-10-2016, 06:39 AM
there is no 9watt variaton to that motor ...

Barrett Russell
02-10-2016, 09:08 AM
imagine 9 watts in a pancake brushed! haha .9 mate, re-read the post. Id be interested in seeing what motor the hawk pen is using. Why are you replacing it ACINK?

Cyberitual
02-10-2016, 11:49 AM
At the Evergreen Convention i will have 9v Evaders available, and then i will be selling them on my website shortly after that. They exist and they pack more speed and power then you could ever wish for... the 12v will still be available as its better for a softer feel with normal needles. You like carts? The 9v eats them for breakfast...

asA
02-10-2016, 12:10 PM
At the Evergreen Convention i will have 9v Evaders available, and then i will be selling them on my website shortly after that. They exist and they pack more speed and power then you could ever wish for... the 12v will still be available as its better for a softer feel with normal needles. You like carts? The 9v eats them for breakfast...

Ill wanna grab one I've these!!

acink
02-12-2016, 08:45 AM
Hi Barrett Russell (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/member.php/3448-Barrett-Russell) I am replacing the motor as we had a power surge in the studio the knocked out my critical and my pen so needed to replace it,We now have surge proctors at each work station.