PDA

View Full Version : Madacide and anodizing

Heath
01-31-2016, 04:10 AM
delete

asA
01-31-2016, 04:55 AM
Possible they sent you someone else's machine?

OwlsDen
01-31-2016, 05:58 AM
Must be some cheap anodizing. Quality stuff holds up to most things. Care to post a pic? Especially if you can do a before and after pic. We all take pictures of our machines, I bet you have one from when you first got it.

Patrick
01-31-2016, 09:40 AM
I use Madacide spray and cavicide and bleach wipes on all of my machines and station. Madacide will corrode cords and certain plastics, if left on for too long. But I've never had an issue with it damaging the finish on my machines. Weird.

chris-in-cali
01-31-2016, 12:59 PM
a wipe down would not cause that unless it was shit anodize likr owl said....but i have seen madacide fade and discolor well done anodizing on a grip. when the business end was left soaking in a half inch of it,
so it is possible!!

fkirons
01-31-2016, 10:53 PM
To discolor our anodizing you will have to have special acid to break it down Or leave it soaked in acid for a long time. Anodizing can fade overtime but not overnight.

Remember anodizing is controlled acid/ electro plating process. Our anodizing is sealed otherwise it will stain your hands.

However batches do come a tad lighter than others some times, but there is not way that I or you'll be able to remove anodizing by simply wiping down madacide. The same anodizing we use on our machines is the same anodizing we use on our Clicks and they have been tested to sustain up to 260 F of heat, pressure and most acidic sterilization solutions.

I took a look at the pictures you sent me and they match with the Kryptonite color we make unless I'm missing something that I can see on the picture
But again. Feel free to send it in and we'll be glad to take a lol at them.

The following is a comparison between your edge and a freshly anodized Halo2 Notice that the Halo picture had a yellowish lighting overall.
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160201/9c104b8748da9e84fe8752e522cc8407.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160201/1896b1dbd6776ea8c999ea21d6371c26.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ofeloner
01-31-2016, 11:40 PM
They look pretty similar to me?.I could see lighting changing it a lil too for the picture,,,and I don't see any splotches of discoloration in this photo?.,not trying to get in the middle of this or choose sides,,I love both Heath and the Fkirons squad,, peace