PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable cartridge grips

1982geeeeb
02-16-2016, 03:03 PM
What people using for adjustable cart grips. Whats the cream of the crop or are they just all the same that are designed with a different look but same mechanics

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

dmose333
02-16-2016, 04:36 PM
I have a few of the cheyenne style and the FK Irons. I prefer the FK Irons adjustable grips, they are comfortable and work perfectly.

hellraiser6662
02-16-2016, 05:14 PM
Just cheyenne.

Patrick
02-17-2016, 08:32 AM
They're not all the same mechanics. Cheyennes can loosen a bit over time and aren't great with heavier machines. FK grips are a lot better, as far as the ratcheting mechanism, in my opinion. And Swashdrive grips are odd to adjust but pretty much bulletproof. Those are just the ones I've used, though.

bretttattoos
03-06-2016, 09:23 AM
Love my fkirons grip, also like my Cheyenne grips. Really looking forward to the bishop grip though

Doomsower
03-06-2016, 10:18 AM
I love the hawk grip for comfort and functionality but it's sketchy to autoclave, the Swash grips are WAY to awkward to ratchet. The ratchet mechanic is way low on an already tiny grip on the swashdrive which is quite annoying to use. I feel like I cross contaminate the machine every time I ratchet and if your using the compact it's unavoidable because the machine is very tricky to bag. The RPG click from FK is the best one in my opinion. I have two and autoclave at least one a day. I'm going to stockpile a few more.

Butternuts
03-07-2016, 02:18 PM
I've had the Swashdrive grip for a while now and it is simple and bulletproof. Comes apart in two pieces to go into the autoclave. I recently got and FK irons grip just b/c of all the rave on here about their grips and I used it one time and got rid of it. There's quite a few pieces when disassembling it to keep track of and I hate the fact you have to grab onto the machine in order to get it to twist and adjust. Just seems a bit over-engineered for it's purpose opposed to the simplicity of the Swashdrive grip. How are the Swash grips awkward to adjust? You literally reach up with your other hand and turn the adjuster?

eduki
03-07-2016, 06:20 PM
NATS click grips. I have threaded and non threadeds, they lose some of the anodized paint after claving them, but overall they work nicely, and the price is low.