PDA

View Full Version : New Prototype Rotary Machine

tattooedpirate2
06-25-2011, 02:09 PM
This is a new prototype to be as close to a coil machine with none of the hassle. It has adjustable spring give and a 4-5mm stroke. It weighs 5 ounces and has a bronze armature bar to give it that coil machine bounce. It will be a production machine in the near future. I can custom make one if anyone wants to get one before hand. I am thinking about aluminum and colored lexan for the frame and motor housing for colors. A sandwich effect with the aluminum in the middle and lexan on either side.3175

slicksteel
06-25-2011, 03:25 PM
finally i cary i think this is the one for me!, I have switched back to all my coils and even bought a new iron one by krayola with bsi coils and hardware.maybe i will have you make me one.

tattooedpirate2
06-25-2011, 03:49 PM
Just think what the smaller version will look like in your hand. I'm going to get up with my engineer partner Monday and see how easy it will be to produce. It took me about 16 hours from start to finish.I have a sleave I'm doing in a few. I was getting bummed I had to try it out on myself when it was done. The cool thing is the cost will be reasonable. It cuts lines just like a coil machine and the adjustable give is simple to do. It was fun to make and it got me from in front of the tube for awhile.

Rattus
06-30-2011, 12:45 PM
I want! I want! I want!

Been really busy with exciting things Cary, will touch base with you real soon!
or blast me a message to my personal email.

machineboy80
06-30-2011, 01:57 PM
dam i want to try one of this i seein them in acction and i likethe work that u can do with this

tattooedpirate2
06-30-2011, 02:12 PM
It worked so well and feels like a coil machine and the performance was unreal. I am doing preproductions now if anyone is looking to have one in about a week.

spoonertattoos
07-01-2011, 04:46 AM
So whats the cost?

With the spring.. Can it be changed out to different thickness? What would you say the machine is best suited for? Lining, shading, color?

tattooedpirate2
07-01-2011, 09:12 AM
I used this machine on a large sleave piece the day I built it. I did the intire outline and did the first session of black and gray with ease. I did the 2nd session Wed. afternoon 5 days later and the black and gray had already pealed. I'd say you can do any type of tattooing with this machine. Springs can be changed and the tension adjustment is long so needle tension will give you all the adjustment to do what you need. Cost is $300 for aluminum and I am working on a production steel frame as well, for later release.

tattooedpirate2
07-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Here is the aluminum frame I am building for The Cutlass Machine. It weighs in from 5-6 ounces depending on what you get the motor housing made in [aluminum or black delrin]. Turnaround time is 1 week for this machine after we talk and discuss material you want your machine made out of.3301

gangstajay
07-08-2011, 12:33 PM
that looks great., Iam always excited about getting on line and looking for new machine that everyone post on here..

tattooedpirate2
07-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Well here is the machine in its complete form ready to tattoo. 6.38 ounces for the guys who want a well balanced heavy rotary machine.

slicksteel
07-09-2011, 02:15 PM
man that is pretty!

Rattus
07-09-2011, 02:17 PM
no, that's pretty slick

tattooedpirate2
07-09-2011, 02:25 PM
I've got my partner engineer working on the production model right now as we speak. I'm working on a miniture model for the production.

gangstajay
07-09-2011, 03:45 PM
I like that

Oranneg
07-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Nice very nice!!
Best of both worlds!
But then again, how is the vibration of the machine? Is it possible to work with disposable tips/grips?

The Limey
07-09-2011, 07:21 PM
Very nice Cary, can't wait to see the production model!

tattooedpirate2
07-15-2011, 07:15 PM
No more vibration than my Rapier machines. I design all my machines to use disposable tubes, for thats all I use. The spring give keeps everything smooth and silky. I put a bearing in between the connecting rod and the slide to get rid of almost all of the vibration.

adrian the sardinian
07-16-2011, 10:43 AM
would it be posible to get a lighter version?
thanx
much love
Adrian the sardinian

tattooedpirate2
07-16-2011, 11:07 AM
Making it out of black Delrin it cuts the weight down anothe ounce and change. Also using different metal screws would cut even more weight. To be honest it is well balanced in the way I set it up with all the frame over the hand. Using a Delrin motor housing instead of aluminum cuts the weight down almost 1/2 an ounce. I did the all aluminum for the bling effect. Me, myself I like all black machines, more stealthy. Check the first picture of the prototype out only with the mods of the aluminum machining techniques have.

adrian the sardinian
07-16-2011, 12:57 PM
I mainly do black n grey n realistic work, I have 3 neotats I love, my main problem is with lining and I m looking for a machine that works like a coil for fine line, tight 3s needles, would this machine be what I m looking for?
if yes I d like to order one right away. thanx
Much love
Adrian the sardinian

tattooedpirate2
07-17-2011, 10:02 AM
Either the Cutlass or the Super V rotary both line like a coil. The feeling is exactly like a coil liner. I have several Rapier IIs which line really fast and well, but I'm using my Super V for lining and black and gray. It brings back memories of coil machines except without the headaches.

gamera55
07-17-2011, 10:24 AM
was on your site and didnt see a place to buy the cutlass just a pic do i message you for it?

tattooedpirate2
07-18-2011, 02:16 PM
Just email the site what you want and I will send you an invoice. These are custom one at a time machined so I don't want to get bogged down with orders. I want people to get these machines quickly.

vsprotoss
08-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Are you still taking orders? Are you looking for any resellers by chance?