PDA

View Full Version : Anyone us a Gold Label Rotary?

OwlsDen
03-06-2016, 08:05 AM
They are having a sale via Instagram and I took the plunge and bought one last night. Granted I will have to wait a few weeks for it to get from California to Germany.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience or opinions of this little machine.

I spoke with the builder a bit and he was friendly and quick to answer. From the videos they have posted it looks pretty small and capable. Possibly even running at low speeds.

I hope to use it for a fine liner and small mags.

OwlsDen
03-09-2016, 01:49 PM
Anybody have an opinion?

Renetat2
03-10-2016, 02:04 AM
Let me know, I am curious abut this one.

Jesse Phillips
03-10-2016, 11:39 AM
Me too. Have been looking at this one for a while.

darkness
03-10-2016, 04:42 PM
Hi -the machine is runningvery similar to a stigma amen but with less options and no adjustable give. The work great for the money and better as a lot other machines for more money.

OwlsDen
03-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Man, Darkness I think you try every machine that comes out.

How quiet is it?

Similar to the Amen is to be expected. Kinda the same motor and drive system ( just flipped )

darkness
03-11-2016, 04:43 AM
yes is very similar. But robuster as the stigma ,never change the run like the amen and its dont loud like the amen. I have try it from a coworker and its runs quieter and smoother. Have not notice any issue with carts like the amen. The cam was always solving by use the amen. And the normal 4.5w motor always needs a push with the fingers to run with carts. All this issue i dont notice with the gold label. For me the better amen -the only bad is you can not change other cams like amen. But its a feature thats nice to have -but its really important? I have only try the other cams and run always with the same .

slicksteel
03-11-2016, 11:55 AM
how is that long rca back stem does it get in the way?

OwlsDen
03-11-2016, 01:50 PM
how is that long rca back stem does it get in the way?

I think the idea is to move the cable away from your hands. I was worried about that too. Guess I'll find out soon enough

hellraiser6662
03-11-2016, 06:07 PM
I think they have redesigned it so it's at 45° I looked on there Instagram site.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

OwlsDen
04-02-2016, 08:31 AM
So the RCA didn't change and still juts out the back, but it makes sense as the machine is small and having the cable not fall on your hand every time you move is nice.

It lines really surprisingly well. Kinda reminds me of a Rapier II in a good way. But far less vibration. I really appreciate how little vibration it has.

It's far from silent. It's not loud like an ego but it's a little more chattery than a swashdrive with give.

So far I have only put a few hours of lining on it. I will have to try as a shader at some point soon. I am trying to decide if I use it for lining or color on my next tattoo.

OwlsDen
04-02-2016, 12:42 PM
Little update. After a good 6 hour day. It has broken in some and it has quieted quite a bit, and has become a gentle him rather than a charter. Still not as quiet as say Gen 7 swashdrive but a really nice machine. I am very happy with my purchase.

If I didn't mention it before, mine is the 3.5 stroke and is a good liner and maybe an even better black and grey machine.

slicksteel
04-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Can it push carts?

OwlsDen
04-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Haven't tried. I bet it would push T-Techs but I wouldn't try Cheyenne carts

Jack Steel
04-03-2016, 07:50 AM
looks like the drive system of the amen

OwlsDen
04-03-2016, 08:26 AM
looks like the drive system of the amen

Or possibly the raptor, but yeah the same idea as the Amen. But smaller I assume.

Jack Steel
04-03-2016, 06:31 PM
yea , ive been calculating this movement , not build to last at the speeds it runing at ..
the raptor is different in it's mechanics

fkirons
04-03-2016, 09:25 PM
Looked at the video. Cool machine. Exactly the same system as the Aura, but I know for sure it's just pure coincidence as I have never revealed the design other than to Artemis in private email.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brandonmull
04-04-2016, 05:26 PM
Only so many ways that a drive system for a rotary can be set up. A motor that rotates any mechanism would have to have people coming up with the same conceptual conclusion.

Jesse Phillips
03-24-2018, 11:54 PM
I just scored one second hand. It's very cool. However the manufacturer seems to have disappeared.
Do any of you that own one know if or what kind of maintenance they require as far as lube and stuff goes?