PDA

View Full Version : This Lucky Supply rotary looks very interesting.

Jesse Phillips
03-17-2016, 10:06 AM
If I ever get another direct it may be one of these. Looks solid as can be. 29634Anybody try one?

Patrick
03-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Those look pretty cool. But if you're looking for a springer DD, check out Jason Philips' machines. @illustratedgentleman on Instagram or Horikaiju on the forum here. Adjustable stroke, almost totally silent and really well built. I've got one of his dirty bastard springers and absolutely love it for just about everything.

Jesse Phillips
03-17-2016, 10:55 AM
I am familier with his and think he makes a sexy machine but what I see on this that his dont have is the stop that will keep the flexation from going downward or sagging toward the tube. I also like this coil styled frame.

Patrick
03-18-2016, 08:32 AM
True. If you get on, be sure to let us know how you like it.

joelhague
03-19-2016, 05:13 AM
Pretty interesting how that give works.I want to try one see how it feels in the skin!

chrilletattoo
03-19-2016, 05:43 AM
Those look pretty cool. But if you're looking for a springer DD, check out Jason Philips' machines. @illustratedgentleman on Instagram or Horikaiju on the forum here. Adjustable stroke, almost totally silent and really well built. I've got one of his dirty bastard springers and absolutely love it for just about everything.

How's the springer he build handling linework? Finline 3-5 and bold stuff like 14's? I'm about to try new stuff. Thinking about buying a Edge X or a Halo 2 but deep down in my heart I love the simplicity and the old school look of DD's. I line with coils and really would like to have some give.

Patrick
03-19-2016, 11:14 AM
It handles small to medium size lines like a champ. I don't normally use anything bigger than a tight 9. But with a little added voltage, I'm sure it'd push a 14 no problem. I'm using mine with t-techs and it doesn't have any problems with the resistance from the carts.

slicksteel
03-20-2016, 01:05 PM
Check out dan kubin stuff like this was some of his first builds....

horikaiju
03-20-2016, 03:48 PM
I am familier with his and think he makes a sexy machine but what I see on this that his dont have is the stop that will keep the flexation from going downward or sagging toward the tube. I also like this coil styled frame.

With the Springers there isn't any sagging, the distance from the frame to the motor housing is so short that no downward drop is allowed. I've tested various springs and the effect is uniform. As far as the recoil, it doesn't have far to travel before your hitting the frame with the back of the motor housing...haven't had that happen yet.

horikaiju
03-20-2016, 03:53 PM
I made my machines to be an all around daily driver. They line, shade, and color pack like a coil. I've used 3rl to 14rs for lining and 5mg to 15mg for sharing and whatnot. From fine lines to bold old school the machine will do it all.

chrilletattoo
03-20-2016, 05:00 PM
I made my machines to be an all around daily driver. They line, shade, and color pack like a coil. I've used 3rl to 14rs for lining and 5mg to 15mg for sharing and whatnot. From fine lines to bold old school the machine will do it all.

Sweet. Probably gonna order one soon! Just gonna play around with t-techs and my rw dd for a while. I got it right the stroke is adjustable? What range?

horikaiju
03-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Sweet. Probably gonna order one soon! Just gonna play around with t-techs and my rw dd for a while. I got it right the stroke is adjustable? What range?
Cool beans. And yes, you got it right. The stroke is adjustable from nearly dead zero (fun to mess with people when the machine is running but the needle isn't moving) to about 6mm.