PDA

View Full Version : Halo 2 vs. Edge X or Thunder

Ivo Stankov
03-22-2016, 04:20 PM
Hi guys.I saw few posts about the new Halo 2,and I'm quite interested to try it.Can any of you Halo 2 owners compare it with Edge X or Thunder.How does it run carts,vibration,sound?For the moment i prefer my Thunder a bit more than the Edge.Any opinion would be appreciated.Thanks in advance

brandonmull
03-22-2016, 04:42 PM
I have the edge x and the halo 2 and it runs pretty close to how the edge does, with the exception of being able to use standard needles. it is a very smooth and solid machine with easy to adjust give.

Ivo Stankov
03-22-2016, 05:01 PM
Do you prefer the Halo 2 over the Edge X for carts?

brandonmull
03-23-2016, 11:37 AM
I actually love both of them, I can't really say one is better than the other.

Ivo Stankov
03-23-2016, 03:42 PM
Thanks for your reply Brandon.Good to know.Any other Halo 2 owners got something to say?I know many of you already own it :)

Panos tattoo
03-23-2016, 04:18 PM
bro stick to the thunder until gaston makes the upgrades.8/10 times when a new model comes out after a few months of usage they make upgrades to get rid of bugs.remember halo 1? ...new slide?....

Ivo Stankov
03-23-2016, 04:34 PM
Yeah,true.I use to own some of the very first Edge X.Now my colleague bought an Edge X,and it runs and sounds very very different than mine

Butternuts
03-23-2016, 06:29 PM
I pre-ordered the Halo 2 and got it when it first came out. Aesthetically the machine is flawless. The grommet-less armature clip is cool as well as the needle bar tension wheel. I did notice, however, that doing black and grey with it I had to be really careful to not get any mag marks regardless of voltage or how much or little give was adjusted. This could possibly be that the machine just doesn't suit how I tattoo. I'm using an AXYS direct drive now with carts and flexx bar and it does everything very smooth for me. Shading is very airbrush like. I had a Halo 1 and really liked it though so I dunno.

Panos tattoo
03-24-2016, 01:49 AM
I pre-ordered the Halo 2 and got it when it first came out. Aesthetically the machine is flawless. The grommet-less armature clip is cool as well as the needle bar tension wheel. I did notice, however, that doing black and grey with it I had to be really careful to not get any mag marks regardless of voltage or how much or little give was adjusted. This could possibly be that the machine just doesn't suit how I tattoo. I'm using an AXYS direct drive now with carts and flexx bar and it does everything very smooth for me. Shading is very airbrush like. I had a Halo 1 and really liked it though so I dunno.
besides technique it could be a stroke difference or a motor with more torque.it doesnt mean its not as good as your axys or h1 ,you just need a few tattoos to adapt.

Ivo Stankov
03-24-2016, 02:00 AM
Thanks butternuts.I usually don't get used easy with new machines.That's why I only have 2-3 favorite machines,and the rest of them are sold.As my brand new Dragonfly X2.It just doesn't suit my style.Guess I just have to go for it and see if I like it ��

fkirons
03-24-2016, 01:52 PM
bro stick to the thunder until gaston makes the upgrades.8/10 times when a new model comes out after a few months of usage they make upgrades to get rid of bugs.remember halo 1? ...new slide?....
There is a huge different between the Halo1 days and now.

The Halo 1 was out first rotary, we did not have CNC facility in house and we were at the mercy of our engineer and machine shop.
After the Halo1 (4 years later) we've come a long way and learned a lot.

All engineering, prototyping, manufacturing and assembly gets done under one roof. I personally engineer every single part and I tattoo with it.

This machine has been in the works for a while and a group of artists debugged the machine before we went to full production.
Many revisions were made.

But don't take our word for it. There are many Halo2 users out there and swear about this machine.

We will never claim that our product is perfect but that we will provide the best customer service when needed.
We have recently added additional phone lines, multi language chat, and a ticketing repair system.
More additional features are on the way to better assist all of our worldwide customers

When it comes to choice of equipment is just a matter of preference.

Should you have any questions feel free to reach out.

jeff tarinelli
03-25-2016, 02:15 AM
Out of curiosity Gaston, what would you say the differences are between the current Halo and the Spektras. I mean besides ones cartridges only are the very similar machines? Do they have the same motors and amounts of give in the adjustments?

fkirons
03-25-2016, 10:14 AM
Halo2 has longer give travel, same motor but with a Cam design that will output more torque than previous Halo. Armature clip and needle guide: you no longer need grommets or rubber bands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noa
10-16-2016, 08:32 PM
Gaston, can you ask a few Halo 2 users ( like Guzman Perez- who is not reachable ) to help with stroke, voltage and give ? I turned give a 1/4 turn, on 3.4, however was still"Plowing the skin and not delivering much ink. I was hoping for a very soft hit with lots of saturation and smooth. so far Im not succeeding. Looking to achieve that silky smoothness with the least trauma, using all disposable with cartridges only. Thank you in advance. Noa

fkirons
10-17-2016, 02:02 AM
Gaston, can you ask a few Halo 2 users ( like Guzman Perez- who is not reachable ) to help with stroke, voltage and give ? I turned give a 1/4 turn, on 3.4, however was still"Plowing the skin and not delivering much ink. I was hoping for a very soft hit with lots of saturation and smooth. so far Im not succeeding. Looking to achieve that silky smoothness with the least trauma, using all disposable with cartridges only. Thank you in advance. Noa

Hello Noa.The best stroke for black and grey is the 2.8. Regarding give setting, you need to dial it until you find what works for you. Some artists close it all the way no give. Some others let them go a bit yet both settings can give you excellent results. with the 2.8 you can try running the machine faster than usual and soften your hand. Around 8-9V... The trauma part is a mixture of hand pace, machine speed and technique.
Stick to it and try it all.

Every day I see people obtaining amazing results with parameters that I've would've never have dialed. With that said try it all and stick to what suits you.
Hope this helps/

Noa
10-18-2016, 06:19 PM
Gaston! I open the give bar almost 3/4 way ( a 1/4 turn is not enough) 30149on 6.4 voltage and got the smoothest colors!

rollhard
03-24-2017, 11:43 PM
i bought one and then bought another a week later. easiest machine i have ever used hands down for me. while they might not be peanut butter they do kick ass and are the first rotary machine ive use that did what was expected, to include the 1st gen halo.which i did not like. this is my second tattoo with the halo2 using bishop carts and tubes, solid ink.