PDA

View Full Version : My version of the Rick Baker Popeye

Cthulhu73
06-28-2011, 01:20 AM
Did this Sunday 4 hours start to finish Eikon 9L & 9RM both running through wrath tubes and on Dragonfly machines. All the other versions I've seen looked like they went the softer "Josh Carlton" route so I decided to take it a different direction. Crappy Cell phone pic but you get the idea.

Cthulhu73
06-29-2011, 03:51 PM
DAMN NO FEEDBACK?!!! If it sucks at least be polite and tell me...

The Limey
06-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Looks great to me mate, I like your take on it.

Administrator
06-29-2011, 04:43 PM
I think its just been a little quiet around here the last week or so. You do have two likes on the post as well. And hey, Bold Will Hold! :)

elbo
06-29-2011, 05:36 PM
I looked at it when it was first posted and i love it and it will last,,,,very nice work indeed...Sometimes i look on here late at night and to be honest im knackered and cant raise the will to type what im thinking...I havent always got feedback to things ive posted...i think alot of us only get certain times when we are free to browse here and are often tired....

Dman
06-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Its solid work man keep it up.

Cthulhu73
06-29-2011, 08:06 PM
Thanks for the comments didnt mean to come off a cry baby or attention whore. I just really like the people and the vibe here and wanted to get some opinions.

gangstajay
06-29-2011, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the comments didnt mean to come off a cry baby or attention whore. I just really like the people and the vibe here and wanted to get some opinions.

yeah homie...not everyone comments alot of people look which is cool... but anyhow... I like this one.. I like the other one that was posted also.. both look great

Mr.Taboo
06-29-2011, 08:17 PM
Yeah I "liked" it when I first saw it but was in bit of a hurry , real nice take on the design. I've got to wonder after a few nice versions make the rounds on the web how long before the train wrecks start poppin' up.

Inkwerks
06-30-2011, 02:22 AM
look pretty good to me. i just finished the same one a couple of weeks ago. pretty phucking solid to me. big ups cause this one is was hard to achieve the actual painting

RolandPacheco
07-24-2011, 06:37 PM
Really nice job, I like the twist on the classic look. Not to worry about the non feedback issue, it seems to be the way that this forum rolls. Look forward to seeing more of your work.