PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly kind of problem

foxxmax
06-28-2011, 02:23 AM
Hello i recently have a probleme with this machine its not that a problem but the neddle stay randomly position sometime up (suposed to be like this) sometime down (kinda happen sometime but hardly ever ) and mostly in halfway so i have to push couple time the power on to restart the initial position of the needlebar

Do you already have this problem? Cause it never apear that ofen before
All the best

Mr.Taboo
06-28-2011, 09:16 AM
Sounds like the return spring isn't doing its job. Maybe something needs to be lubed?

Dreviltattoo
06-28-2011, 10:08 AM
does it stick when it's not loaded? you may have too much tension on the needle bar. does the bearing on the tensioner move easily? or like taboo said; oil or return spring. how old is your machine?

Eternal
08-10-2011, 01:12 AM
I read somewhere that if its doing this take the spring out and stretch it out a little, put it back in and it should be fine

TattoosbyShay
08-25-2011, 12:44 PM
does it stick when it's not loaded? you may have too much tension on the needle bar. does the bearing on the tensioner move easily? or like taboo said; oil or return spring. how old is your machine?

One thing I've noticed and have seen on other threads is the tension of the needle, to much or to little. The way that works for me is bending the needle like you would using a coil and rubber bands. but when tightening the needle, tighten down the needle bar to where it looks straight again, and for me that equals the right amount of tension.

Dreviltattoo
08-26-2011, 12:22 PM
One thing I've noticed and have seen on other threads is the tension of the needle, to much or to little. The way that works for me is bending the needle like you would using a coil and rubber bands. but when tightening the needle, tighten down the needle bar to where it looks straight again, and for me that equals the right amount of tension.Exactly

foxxmax
10-16-2011, 08:49 AM
actually the problem appear even when there is not needle bar i also lube as the manual said i didn't try to take the spring out and stretch it out a little i am waiting answer for the dragon fly guys
ps my tattoo machine is brand new i mean i used it 6 session something like 40 hours max

also i have a question dragon fly have a red one witch ave a short stroke i dont really understand the difference between a normal one and a short one some one can explain ?
i will let you know if they told me anything for the return spring problem

foxxmax
10-26-2011, 03:25 PM
hi finally the return spring was complitly broken due to the vibration i guess but that doesnt really affect the tattoo session anyway.
inkmachines ship me some spring and i used a circlip pliers because you have to remove the piston. and all the part above i understood also that you dont need to pull out the noise damper ring witch is a pain to get back from my opinion
other wise the machine is now perfectly fine
hope that could help

andro
10-27-2011, 05:50 PM
It happen to me as well. I have 3 dragonfly and only one has this defect. Broke 3 spring in 2 months. Afteri contacted the manufacturer they explain that sometime if the little screw where the spring sit in is not far enough the spring sit in a wrong position and add stress to it. I just screw it in 1.5 turn and since then I haven't replace it anymore. Worth checking urs too maybe.

foxxmax
05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
yep already done work perfectly fine now
all the best

asA
05-09-2012, 01:01 PM
Psssh runs better without the return spring. Haha.