PDA

View Full Version : Swash drive gen 7 - 3 a bars for what ? and where to lube?

spoonertattoos
06-28-2011, 04:05 AM
hey folks.
Just picked up a gen 7 used on ebay . Came today and wow its awesome. I want another. But question. It came with 3 amature bars (do you call em that for rotaries?). Im assuming 1 is for lining? Another for soft shading and another for color packing but how do you tell which is which. And what is your experience with them? Do you often change them up? Seems like a lot of extra work.
This is what I did today with it. (part of a sleeve - see it bigger and the whole piece here - http://jspooner.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/picture-71.png) I couldnt tell you, what clip I had in it but I loved the machine regardless.

Second question. Where are you supposed to oil this thing?

Alie K
06-28-2011, 10:27 AM
The swash gen7 comes with 2 different clips. One style looks like a "U" shape (that's the hard clip) and some "0" shaped ones (those are the 'soft' clips). You change them when they wear out. I would set it up so that it's got one specific duty and keep it that way.

gangstajay
06-28-2011, 11:40 AM
work looks good... the gen 6 and gen 7 come with 4 arm bars... do onto unimax.com and they have the gen 7 and instruction for changing out the clips.. the short one is the hard hitting clip and the longer thinner clip is for soft hitting..it allows for give... I use my gen 7 for line work with the hard clip..but there are others who like the soft clip for everything.. it's what works for you!! and you don't oil the gen7 .

spoonertattoos
06-28-2011, 02:24 PM
no oiling the gen 7? I wonder why they sent it to me. Can I get a second opinion? not that I dont trust you gangsta jay ; ).

chris-in-cali
06-28-2011, 03:20 PM
if you post a photo of the machine as it is now, i can tell you exactly how it is set up. Kinda intersted to see if you still have the bridge.
Getting it from e-bay means that someone has already had their way with it.

You do oil them, put VERY, VERY, VERY little....just underneath the little rubber seal of the bearing (NEVER THE MOTOR!!!!!)...like one tiny drop every 200 hours...lol

Changing out the clips is a breeze....not hard at all.

Zapp
06-28-2011, 04:00 PM
If you read the owner manuell you can see that the gen 7 is the only machine from the swash drives you dont have to oil !

chris-in-cali
06-28-2011, 11:53 PM
I've read that....but when i talked to Tony, he said to oil it the same as the gen 6....VERY, VERY, VERY occasionally.

gangstajay
06-29-2011, 01:53 AM
If you read the owner manuell you can see that the gen 7 is the only machine from the swash drives you dont have to oil !
thank you zapp.... thats what I thought..but hey what do I know I only had 4 swash drives.. anyhow good luck spooner tattoos