PDA

View Full Version : Stealth?

tattoosteve
06-28-2011, 11:02 PM
These stealths look interesting http://shop.ebay.com/ss-sells/m.html?_trksid=p4340.l2562 more china crap i bet

stickboie
06-28-2011, 11:40 PM
My buddy uses a stealth. He got it off ebay for $100 and he loves it. I took a look at it and to be honest I think its Crap. Super loose tolerance on everything. 1.5 mm stroke. Kinds reminds me of a shitty version one of ben wight's jonsey style machines. Can't imagine what a knock off of a knock off would be like. Lol.

slicksteel
06-29-2011, 01:16 AM
it looks like the solved the runnerband busting problem

Mr.Taboo
06-29-2011, 09:15 AM
I'm no expert but my understanding is the "Stealth" though beloved by many is a knock off of the "Swiss Made" and these "Stealth Style" machines are knock offs of the "Stealth", I guess next would be "Stealth Style Type" :D.

slicksteel
06-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Actually i have seen the design years before the swiss as homemade ones from tattooers-swiss were the first to make a mass production one-that was well made. the is still taken from a coil machine with its abar

Mr.Taboo
06-29-2011, 01:49 PM
Actually i have seen the design years before the swiss as homemade ones from tattooers-swiss were the first to make a mass production one-that was well made. the is still taken from a coil machine with its abar
Ah thanx for the info.

slicksteel
06-29-2011, 02:40 PM
just love to share enfo! :)

Administrator
06-29-2011, 02:45 PM
My buddy uses a stealth. He got it off ebay for $100 and he loves it. I took a look at it and to be honest I think its Crap. Super loose tolerance on everything. 1.5 mm stroke. Kinds reminds me of a shitty version one of ben wight's jonsey style machines. Can't imagine what a knock off of a knock off would be like. Lol.

I know one artist that had a stealth for a little over a year and ran it till the bearing collapsed. It ground down to nothing and you could see metal dust coming out of the crank and cam. He has since moved on to a Neotat and one of the Tattooed Pirate machines.

slicksteel
06-29-2011, 02:47 PM
lol at least he got his money worth out of it! but easy fix to get new bearing.

Administrator
06-29-2011, 03:30 PM
He painted and engraved the body so I would suspect he is proud of it and may still want to use it again. He made mention of eventually ordering a new bearing whenever he gets around to needing something other then just a bearing from worldwide.

Dman
06-29-2011, 06:47 PM
I have had my stealth for 2 years. Its good for solid color packing thats what i use it for anyways. not a great machine but for 100 it pays for itself fast. the 1mm bearing is useless. I use the 2mm for all work and just adjust my needle hangout n voltage. It was the first rotary I ever used and have upgraded to rapiers, stigmas, and hawk since...

polynesianworks
06-30-2011, 07:09 AM
so its a good starter and make you a believer rotary tattoo machine with a good price tag? Can i do 3 tattoos a day for 5 days a week and it will last 2 years? are stealths from world wide only and the others a knockoff of that? i heard the stealth runs on low voltage and the swiss made runs on higher voltage, is that true? are the bearings tight and not loose? sorry for all the ?s but im a lil curious cuz i hear alot of peeps are swearing by it

CJ Harper
07-01-2011, 04:46 PM
i have a stealth that i have been using for 4 years that cost 40 dollars and a swiss at 400 and aside from a little bit of noise difference they are the same . stealth also lists their throw as half so a 1.5mm is 3mm and a 2mm is 4mm throw . they measure from center to one side instead of top to bottom . i also own a hawk - 2 blunderbuss' - and a few others

slicksteel
07-02-2011, 02:47 AM
the swiss has better bearings and better craftsmanship but the price tag is crazy on it should be like 250.00 no more.

CJ Harper
07-02-2011, 05:30 PM
i think the price on most machines is way to high , some upwards of 600 dollars . fuckin really , and we wonder what is wrong with the tattoo industry while we bitch about tv shows and china but that shit is out of control .

tattoosteve
07-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Worldwide tattoo the guys that make the "stealth" are Chinese owned. I have used the stealth and its knock off and they both perform the same, I would rather drop $25 on the non branded crap one and use it for a few months and buy it again.

polynesianworks
07-04-2011, 12:08 AM
i think the price on most machines is way to high , some upwards of 600 dollars . fuckin really , and we wonder what is wrong with the tattoo industry while we bitch about tv shows and china but that shit is out of control .

i agree with the inflated rotary machine cost. i use 3-4 machines on a tattoo so $600x3or4=daaaammmnnnnnn!!!! im sure its worth it though but i cant find my self spending that much and shipping to the 50th state is redonkyless so i find myself buying other stuff to make it worth it. by the way, i love the tv shows= its been good for business

dakine702
08-05-2011, 03:58 PM
im new to the scene but ive owned my stealth for about 1 year and half i gotta say for the price its decent but i really want a bishop or similar as for the bearing problem ive heard of them going out only after a couple of months but im still on the original packs in color and lines really easily run it on 9.5 volts

elbo
08-05-2011, 05:32 PM
Ahhh the stealth one of my first rotarys and a machine thats turned many a tattooer onto rotarys!...not used one for years but remember how well they packed in the black on tribal with a opened 14 round shader in a 18 round tip...like a big fat sharpie...fond memories.

elbo
08-05-2011, 05:40 PM
I might look out for a rca stealth just to travel back down memory lane...Ive only used the ali bodied ones im not sure about the plastic bodied ones?