PDA

View Full Version : Ego r12

Bishopbyname
08-29-2016, 05:08 PM
In my opinion one of the best most versatile new machines. Anybody else liking it?

chrilletattoo
08-29-2016, 05:45 PM
How is it compared to other cart machines like Edge X, Thunder and such? I miss my Ego v2's every now and then.

Bishopbyname
08-29-2016, 05:53 PM
I haven't got a Thunder or Edge X but it's a very close 2nd to my Flite V2. Very comfortable to use in the hand and plenty of power.

chrilletattoo
08-30-2016, 05:14 AM
Cool. Looking for a new machine for carts and it's so hard to decide what to buy...

1982geeeeb
08-30-2016, 05:33 PM
If you go on instagram and check out all the team ego posse the colour saturation and blending is awsome with the ego range of machines. All there stuff is bright colour. Like cartoon or neo trad ect.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Patrick
08-31-2016, 08:32 AM
I really dig my R12. But if you're overseas, hope you don't need to send it in for service. My motor seized and I contacted them to replace it. It took a month and a half of vague, inconsistent emails and poor communication before I got mine back. It runs great now but I don't know if I'll be buying another Ego machine.

Bishopbyname
08-31-2016, 11:23 AM
I really dig my R12. But if you're overseas, hope you don't need to send it in for service. My motor seized and I contacted them to replace it. It took a month and a half of vague, inconsistent emails and poor communication before I got mine back. It runs great now but I don't know if I'll be buying another Ego machine.

Yeah i really hope they sort their customer service out because in the UK they're pretty notorious for being useless! Great machines, shitty follow up!

chrilletattoo
08-31-2016, 12:30 PM
That might be a dealbreaker. Btw can you swap the plunger bar or is it a fixed bar?

Bishopbyname
08-31-2016, 01:53 PM
If you go on instagram and check out all the team ego posse the colour saturation and blending is awsome with the ego range of machines. All there stuff is bright colour. Like cartoon or neo trad ect.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk
That's definitely it's strength but it's also a great liner. I think that's why it's so good when you can adjust machines on the fly like the Edge X or Swashdrive's Brush. The best set up for the r12 is hardest give for colour and lining but softest for shading. So ideally you'd have 2 machines. They can definitely do everything though. Check out Bez's work or the work of Elliot Wells to see what these machines can do in the right hands!

darkness
08-31-2016, 03:52 PM
the brush have no adjustments - the support have always hold me back for buying any from ego. I have bought a overkill thats running 5 min after destroyet ! after 3month bad communication my supplyer buy it back from me :(

Patrick
09-01-2016, 08:39 AM
That might be a dealbreaker. Btw can you swap the plunger bar or is it a fixed bar?

The bar is fixed. You can change the rubber give inserts.

FreeTa2
09-17-2016, 10:39 PM
God dammit R12 is lovley... The most pleasent surprise i've had from a machine actually... I had low expectations for it.. But its crazy nice ... Always when i get a new machine, i set it up and end up not using it that much the first days, as it takes time to get used to... But the first day i had the R12 i just couldnt let it down anymore... It was graywashes and i said to myself, its nice as fuck for graywash but i dont think it handles colors as well... Welll i could not be more wrong :D
I have only used it for 2 full days so far... but i think its safe to say that its gonna get used almost daily !!!

Bishopbyname
09-18-2016, 03:05 PM
God dammit R12 is lovley... The most pleasent surprise i've had from a machine actually... I had low expectations for it.. But its crazy nice ... Always when i get a new machine, i set it up and end up not using it that much the first days, as it takes time to get used to... But the first day i had the R12 i just couldnt let it down anymore... It was graywashes and i said to myself, its nice as fuck for graywash but i dont think it handles colors as well... Welll i could not be more wrong :D
I have only used it for 2 full days so far... but i think its safe to say that its gonna get used almost daily !!!

Sweet, what settings did you use? Voltages, inserts etc...

FreeTa2
09-18-2016, 04:45 PM
As i said i only worked 2 days with it.... not much messing around with it just yet... The first day the graywash day around 90-100 on Cheyenne PU-2 and the yellow rubbers, second day Colors about the same readings on Cheyenne Pu-2 maybe sometimes 110 with the red rubbers... i took a picture of the BNG day lemme know if it helps to see it !!

Bishopbyname
09-20-2016, 03:19 PM
As i said i only worked 2 days with it.... not much messing around with it just yet... The first day the graywash day around 90-100 on Cheyenne PU-2 and the yellow rubbers, second day Colors about the same readings on Cheyenne Pu-2 maybe sometimes 110 with the red rubbers... i took a picture of the BNG day lemme know if it helps to see it !!

I think that's one of the downfalls of the machine. To do a total tattoo with soft black and grey, solid black and good lines you'd need at least 2 r12s. 1 set for shading with yellow rubber, 1 set for solid colour with red rubber and maybe another 1 set for lines with black rubber.

thesmokingmirror
09-20-2016, 04:24 PM
So its not on the fly adjustable? Thats to bad, these machines sound good but I already have a hawk pen and swash compact, I dont see how it can benefit me in any way unless it excells at a certain task better than one of these machines

Bishopbyname
09-21-2016, 06:10 AM
So its not on the fly adjustable? Thats to bad, these machines sound good but I already have a hawk pen and swash compact, I dont see how it can benefit me in any way unless it excells at a certain task better than one of these machines

Yeah they're a great back up and if you're used to using one machine for everything that's all the r12 will ever be for you.