PDA

View Full Version : Post Your Work Thread?

fkirons
07-03-2011, 11:03 AM
I think it will be good to have a thread just for posting/ tearing apart work Unless there is one and I haven't seen it.

Administrator
07-03-2011, 11:06 AM
There is a whole section for tattoos done with rotaries. I would love to see people just post more work but its tough for some people to want to share.

elbo
07-03-2011, 01:51 PM
Ive never had a problem posting my work...i see it this way...i wish i was alot better than i am but im trying my best...ive customers who are happy im making a good living,i not the best but im sure as hell not as bad as some of the shite i see come from studio's,im always trying to improve and after 5 years tattooing in a studio im looking to improve soooo much more and i will cos i love this wonderfull craft....yahoo its out there for me to learn....thank you tattooing for letting me be a small part of you xxx

Mr.Taboo
07-03-2011, 04:35 PM
Ive never had a problem posting my work...i see it this way...i wish i was alot better than i am but im trying my best...ive customers who are happy im making a good living,i not the best but im sure as hell not as bad as some of the shite i see come from studio's,im always trying to improve and after 5 years tattooing in a studio im looking to improve soooo much more and i will cos i love this wonderfull craft....yahoo its out there for me to learn....thank you tattooing for letting me be a small part of you xxx
100% agree with this, also some may get discouraged because a lot of post go without being commented on but I figure if I get a comment fine and if not well maybe on the next one.

fkirons
07-03-2011, 04:43 PM
Call the thread "Post Your Work" and let anyone that's a member post a tattoo with rotaries or coils. I never posted anything because I mostly tattoo with coils. ;(

RolandPacheco
07-03-2011, 05:08 PM
100% agree with this, also some may get discouraged because a lot of post go without being commented on but I figure if I get a comment fine and if not well maybe on the next one.

This is certainly the case that I have been seeing and again it is what it is. It seems a bit cliquish to some degree. It would be nice to have a thread that was specifically aimed at the artwork critique/technique like Gaston said. But it all comes down to wanting to provide feedback instead of just lurking. My 2¢

Cthulhu73
07-03-2011, 07:30 PM
I would love to see a tattoo critique thread as I would love to get some feedback from everyone.

Alie K
07-03-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll consider adding a non-rotary section to the rotary forum.

...but it's only because I like Gaston so much... ;)

Alie K
07-03-2011, 08:58 PM

Sometimes I think it's WHEN you post that can mean the difference between someone commenting or not. I'm not on the forum 24 hours a day, I try to take care of things quickly when I wake up, or after I finish drawings for the evening. When I check 'what's new', I might not see a tattoo someone posted earlier because when I check it, I see chat's about machines, troubleshooting, messages from people etc. I like to comment when I can, or if I see something where someone asks for advice, but I'm sure I've missed a few here and there. I know that I like comments as much as anyone else (so I try to dish 'em out as I'd like to receive 'em), but one thing that I've learned from the internet is that out of 100 people looking at something, if you are lucky, maybe 1 or 2 people will comment. So, if only 2 or 3 people say something - that's pretty good odds.

Alie K
07-03-2011, 09:01 PM
I would love to see a tattoo critique thread as I would love to get some feedback from everyone.

*******FYI, Lining With a Rotary Machine, Black & Grey With a Rotary Machine, Coloring With a Rotary Machine, and Tattoos With a Rotary Machine are all threads where you are welcome to post pictures of your work and either brag about your new machine and how amazing it made your tattoo come out or ask why your linework looks so crummy and get voltage advice.

Mr.Taboo
07-04-2011, 12:52 AM
Sometimes I think it's WHEN you post that can mean the difference between someone commenting or not. I'm not on the forum 24 hours a day, I try to take care of things quickly when I wake up, or after I finish drawings for the evening. When I check 'what's new', I might not see a tattoo someone posted earlier because when I check it, I see chat's about machines, troubleshooting, messages from people etc. I like to comment when I can, or if I see something where someone asks for advice, but I'm sure I've missed a few here and there. I know that I like comments as much as anyone else (so I try to dish 'em out as I'd like to receive 'em), but one thing that I've learned from the internet is that out of 100 people looking at something, if you are lucky, maybe 1 or 2 people will comment. So, if only 2 or 3 people say something - that's pretty good odds.
Gee I hope I didn't sound like I was whinning, I post on other sites like DeviantArt and sometimes I get comments and favs and sometimes not I know it can be the luck of the draw and how many others happen to post at the same time. My point was I don't get tense regardless of getting comments or not and others should probably do the same and just keep posting.

Alie K
07-04-2011, 01:03 AM
I didn't think you were whining. But I DID make another "Tattoo Critique" thread. Hopefully, those who asked for it will post in it.

Mr.Taboo
07-04-2011, 01:08 AM
Would that be in a members viewable only section ? I ask only because could you imagine a customer stumbling across a post with their tattoo being critiqued .

Alie K
07-04-2011, 10:36 AM
I forget what post I made that said what is visible and what isn't, but if you are ever uncertain, LOG OUT and try to view something. You might see that there is a thread, but you won't be able to see the content if something is labelled "private". The only one that's open in "techniques" is "work done with a rotary" and that is solely for SEO purposes (search engine optimization for those not in the know).