PDA

View Full Version : tubes,carts,machines, lol

rollhard
02-12-2017, 10:51 AM
greetings

so i found a rotary i love after having nothing but love hate which quickly became a general attitude of loathing towards these evil things,but i digress . so now i'm digging the carts as well can't go back to tattooing any other way. but i have difficulty adjusting needle depth. my method of setting this while the machine is off no longer works as i do not know if i can or should push the slide forward to mimic the effect of a open coil. i can set them while running, however i hate it and my machine 'cuts lines' into the tube stem making a sliding not so easy? and click grip are out unless they are disposable. any word on the ones phystyx 'sic' is selling?

throw rocks , 1-2-3

Butternuts
02-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Set up one of your rinse cups early while doing your set up and dip the tip of the tube into the water before you run it and adjust depth so the needle is lubed and not dry cutting the tube tip.

rollhard
02-13-2017, 08:03 AM
Set up one of your rinse cups early while doing your set up and dip the tip of the tube into the water before you run it and adjust depth so the needle is lubed and not dry cutting the tube tip.

No no it's the tube stem that is getting the groves cut into it by the tube vise thus sliding the tube it's self becomes a problem.

cruzta
02-13-2017, 08:47 AM
i have used the NAT disposable adjustable tubes and they work pretty good

rollhard
02-13-2017, 11:46 AM
Sorry but NAT ? National tattoo supply ?

rollhard
02-13-2017, 11:47 AM
We Nick named it the tube crusher ! I recall some old stuff back in the 90s that would collapse a tube

cruzta
02-13-2017, 12:43 PM
new age tattoo supply

Butternuts
02-15-2017, 10:29 AM
No no it's the tube stem that is getting the groves cut into it by the tube vise thus sliding the tube it's self becomes a problem.

Ah I gotcha!! You're looking for a disposable adjustable cart grip. I go with what cruzta said. New Age Tattoo Supply makes them and they are very decently priced.

rollhard
02-21-2017, 09:33 PM
price is great product is very good or those i have used but the shipping is murder! and they will not cut us a break on buying bulk boxes. but either way thanks to everyone that helped me out you all rock as per the norm. be great !!

Patrick
02-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Phucstyx supply (stupid name, I know) sells the same disposable, adjustable cart grips as NATS. They cost a little more but shipping is way cheaper. So, it kind of evens out.

cruzta
02-22-2017, 12:32 PM
@patrick not the same nats new tubes are adjustable ....like fks click

Patrick
02-23-2017, 08:05 AM
Yes, I know. I saw the same adjustable, "click" type , disposable grips on their website the other day.

rollhard
03-12-2017, 09:39 AM
i said screw the disposable click grips and just set them on the run thanks everyone