PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Rotary

enohand
07-06-2011, 01:27 PM
Hello all,

My name is Steve i ink out of PA USA

I have been using coil machines over the last few years, but when i went to a local tattoo supply place, i was discussing Rotary machines with the owner, he showed me 2 they had in stock (a $50 & a $150 machine) they both looked alike, except the black one had a few extra top pieces (not sure on the name/terminology) & it came in a fancy box.

I opted for the cheaper machine just to test it out.

the machine (im guessing) is a Jack hammer, or Hammer rotary. i saw a few threads on here but not many, the only one that seemed interesting , listed the hammer as being a Chinese knock off of a Davan.

I used it the other day & it seems like it has a tad bit of horizontal movement, also i chew through nipples like crazy (standard nipples, the nipple it came with was a double crown, but couldnt fit my eylets over it.)

it works good for packing color, but i cant seem to find any information on them for tuning the stroke, etc..im trying to find out as much as possible but there seems to be a lack of info on this style (maybe because they are the bottom of the barrel.)

the machine looks like the one below.

http://onlinetattoowholesale.com/images/hammer_rotary_blue.jpg

any information on this style would be greatly appreciated.

I will upload some pics of the work i completed over the weekend with this machine.

I like the weight compared to some of my coil machines, but the horizontal movment scares me a bit,,,i have not tried to outline with this machine yet.

I think my next purchase might be a Bishop, or Swiss.. but i still wanna tinker with this for a bit before i spend $300+

fkirons
07-06-2011, 01:39 PM
that machine is garbage. I bought one to mess with it and died the next day.
There is also a lot of needle movement with it.
Crap!

elbo
07-06-2011, 01:45 PM
To be honest i ve never had one...but i can guess its a bag of shite...

gangstajay
07-06-2011, 01:52 PM
iam with gaston..I had one also..what a piece of crapola

slicksteel
07-06-2011, 02:22 PM
yeppers! put since you already have it you might as well dick around with it. try some china gromments with it they sell some hard ass ones via ebay that are super strong.

The Limey
07-06-2011, 03:25 PM
They are band snapping banshees at best and I'm being nice!

Alie K
07-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Even if you don't want to spend $300 or more on a machine, you can get some true quality machines for under that. Your life will be easier if you have a well-working machine. Nothing is more frustrating than struggling with something that is poorly made.

enohand
07-07-2011, 09:34 AM
Even if you don't want to spend $300 or more on a machine, you can get some true quality machines for under that. Your life will be easier if you have a well-working machine. Nothing is more frustrating than struggling with something that is poorly made.

would you have a $100-200 recommendation? ;)

tattooedpirate2
07-07-2011, 10:08 AM
The Blunderbuss machine from www.tattooedpirate.com (http://www.tattooedpirate.com) $225 and I know these work really well with no tuning or tinkering needed. Ideal for lining and color work. I have an artist in California who has the first set I built 3 years ago and the only thing he had to replace was one bearing after 2 years. Perfect linear motion and a long stroke of 4.2mm to power any size needle grouping. The Pirate

DavidEngbaek
07-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Use the jack Hammer to throw at bad Customers...buy Carey's TattooedPirate.com Blunderbuss...his machines are awesome

gangstajay
07-08-2011, 05:00 PM
would you have a $100-200 recommendation? ;)
buy the blunderbuss...iam sure you will be very happy.

elbo
07-08-2011, 05:33 PM
I sure would like to know more about the blunderbuss??? do they line good?...ive no doubt they put colour in great.

Administrator
07-08-2011, 05:35 PM
Copied the last post to another thread.

http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1508-Need-info-on-the-Blunderbus!