PDA

View Full Version : Tatsoul Envy Cartridges

Bully Jey
04-12-2017, 06:51 AM
Tatsoul has carts with Envy needles installed
http://www.tatsoul.com/supplies/tattoo-needles-c-274/envy-standard-cartridges-c-274_678/

$19.99 for 10pcs tho? They look almost identical to the Elite membrane carts from NATS...:confused:

I have some Elites tucked away somewhere, I'm going to buy a box of rounds and mags from TS and do a comparison in the next couple weeks.

gerardcon
04-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Yup I saw some out in the wild and was going to order a few but they said they were still going through final QA. If you compare them side by side they're not identical. Also the needles seem to be identical to tatsoul's regular needles which are great.

I use new age/elite brand needles a lot and have few complaints with them. I typically order the tight groupings from NATS and the tatsoul ones in comparison are a bit less tight but more tight than NATS medium grouping if that makes sense.

Overall I think the needles in the tatsoul brand carts are perfect. Best in a cartridge by far and identical to tatsouls regular needle offerings if you're used to those. The clear plastic they use is very similar to NATS carts which provide good ink flow and don't fall apart. The only thing I don't really like is the membrane system. I haven't used tatsouls for any all Day pieces but I feel like membrane carts tend to start out kinda stiff then loosen up a lot after a long session. I can work around that but I prefer consistency. And of course the price is almost twice that of NATS and t tech which means I have to decide if it's really worth it as I'm now very familiar with ttech and NATS carts.

rollhard
04-12-2017, 12:11 PM
gearadcon thanks for mentioning the membrane wearing down thing. i'm new to carts but love them and have also noticed after several hours of steady going the fantom carts tend to have less punch if that makes sense? i tried the NATS carts but found they lack consistency in a couple areas. i ordered some gear from TS last night so i can try it this weekend when i hit the shop. thanks for the topic i'm learning alot again and its fun

namaste

gerardcon
04-12-2017, 04:36 PM
Yeah I kinda agree on the consistency thing for NATS. I use bug pins curved mags for bng and sometimes they put the 11mag bug pins in regular 11 mags. I always check my needles so it's no big deal. Overall I'm pretty happy though. I toss less than 1 a box I'd say. I also use the gen 1 with the rubber band. I do think t techs needles are a bit better but I like the clear plastic NATS use

rollhard
04-12-2017, 09:43 PM
i felt the t-tech membrane to be to thick ,i dunno ? happy i still get paid to do this and shit

hellraiser6662
04-12-2017, 09:47 PM
I used to swop out t-tech needles for tatsoul needles. About time they pulled their finger out. Hopefully its their needles in the carts not just a chinese repackage like most.. when they hit the uk shores i'll get them under the mircoscope to see..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Bully Jey
04-13-2017, 07:44 AM
I'm not a fan of the carts that have a silicon membrane that doubles as a rubber band; it's not consistent for long tattoos like gerardcon mentioned, and the membrane lets the needle grouping flop around in the nozzle of the cart, where as the carts that have a rubber band or silicon o ring, it pulls the grouping to the bottom of the nozzle. I don't know, I'll try out TS carts...grudgingly.

jasonadelinia
04-14-2017, 05:39 PM
I agree that any cart with membrane won't stay still. They don't have any "guide" like ttech or Helios so the needle is literally shaking all over the place! I just got some crystal line carts as Helios were out of stock and I've literally wasted my cash. They wobble so much ain't no way I'll get a straight line.

rollhard
04-14-2017, 11:36 PM
i ran the TS carts and tubes the other day and thought they were good, but not good enough to justify the price, ouch. thus far i like the fantom carts and FKI tubes the best. i'm going to grab some samples of helios as suggested above. i do like that the TS's labeled as lead free etc but still that price point is a bitch. when is Blackclaw going to do right and get in on the carts game. i was using those with love when i made the jump to carts.

Bully Jey
04-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Black claw cartridges I would gladly pay $2/cart for, and I tried switching out Ttech needles and Elite needles with Blackclaw, but Blackclaw's needle bar is a little too thick to get in the plunger of the cart.

gangstajay
04-17-2017, 11:15 PM
Try the Helios or the hexis carts

gangstajay
04-17-2017, 11:16 PM
When I when ok was at luckys the other day and asked about carts they said they are working on them but they want them to be there own with there needles so who knows, my top carts are hexis, Helios and legacy them revol and elite

TATsoul
04-26-2017, 03:31 PM
Hi Guys, we really pride ourselves in the Envy Needles in the cart system which does make a difference compared to others. Our retail cost is higher due to the QC and materials work we put into our needles to ensure safety and consistency. For those that are on this forum and wish to test them out, I'd be more than happy to provide some samples free of charge. Just email me directly at [email protected] and I'll work on getting some over to you guys. We stand by our products and will continue to add more types as we slow roll these out in bugpins, supermag configs, etc. Thanks!

jtc
04-26-2017, 05:49 PM
Email sent for Samples. Can't wait to try them.

rollhard
04-26-2017, 10:23 PM
i liked the shaders well enough but felt the 7liners were to tight for my liking but have found that to be the case with all the carts i have tried thus far.

hellraiser6662
04-27-2017, 07:05 AM
Hi Guys, we really pride ourselves in the Envy Needles in the cart system which does make a difference compared to others. Our retail cost is higher due to the QC and materials work we put into our needles to ensure safety and consistency. For those that are on this forum and wish to test them out, I'd be more than happy to provide some samples free of charge. Just email me directly at [email protected] and I'll work on getting some over to you guys. We stand by our products and will continue to add more types as we slow roll these out in bugpins, supermag configs, etc. Thanks!
Is this just for the US or will you send some to the UK. I used to swop out t-tech needles for envy needles for years its easy to do. So ive been using your needles in carts way before you ever thought of making a cart.

TATsoul
04-27-2017, 04:32 PM
Is this just for the US or will you send some to the UK. I used to swop out t-tech needles for envy needles for years its easy to do. So ive been using your needles in carts way before you ever thought of making a cart.

For now just USA but we hope to work something out in the UK once we are comfortable with quantities, etc.

Thanks!

TATsoul
04-27-2017, 04:35 PM
i liked the shaders well enough but felt the 7liners were to tight for my liking but have found that to be the case with all the carts i have tried thus far.

Thanks_for_the_feedback._Would_a_7_straight.liner_ work_for.you?...sorry,spacebar_not_working.

Butternuts
04-27-2017, 04:47 PM
Bugpin curved mags and traditional liners and I'll be getting my carts from you guys from now on.

TATsoul
05-04-2017, 01:43 PM
Bugpin curved mags and traditional liners and I'll be getting my carts from you guys from now on.

Thank you! All the above are being worked on. :)

kittenfists
05-05-2017, 02:32 PM
has anyone messed about with lighters or anything to get looser cartridge groupings? I love helios cartridges but they are mad tight, gotta say. looking forward to messing with these envy cartridges

paulotattoos
05-07-2017, 02:18 AM
Thats EZ cartridges in a diferente box :P don't get full. u can buy straight from EZ for the same price but 20 in a box.

darkness
05-07-2017, 10:32 AM
have the same ,thats ez carts but less for more

TATsoul
05-08-2017, 06:09 PM
have the same ,thats ez carts but less for more

Thats EZ cartridges in a diferente box :P don't get full. u can buy straight from EZ for the same price but 20 in a box.

You guys should send their cartridge needles to a lab (IMR or similar) and check out the lead contents on the needles and enjoy the findings compared to Envy Needles and even other reputable needle companies that aren't in cart format yet. I have no problem providing lab reports of our needles if emailed to me for a request. Not all needles are made the same.

HOUSEOFMARKS
05-08-2017, 07:55 PM
Definitely quality needles and not the same cartridges as EZ .Billy, thanks for the samples! so far I really like what I see!

rollhard
05-08-2017, 08:35 PM
now things went all Detroit and shit in here :)

eduki
05-08-2017, 09:30 PM
I think the comparison was about helios/EZ

thesmokingmirror
05-09-2017, 05:39 AM
You guys should send their cartridge needles to a lab (IMR or similar) and check out the lead contents on the needles and enjoy the findings compared to Envy Needles and even other reputable needle companies that aren't in cart format yet. I have no problem providing lab reports of our needles if emailed to me for a request. Not all needles are made the same.

Why do we have to request to see the lab report? You should post that here and on the Tatsoul site regardless. its good marketing and we should know more about the products that we use and support

TATsoul
05-09-2017, 06:38 PM
Why do we have to request to see the lab report? You should post that here and on the Tatsoul site regardless. its good marketing and we should know more about the products that we use and support

Yea, I've been mulling over this for some time. We've been holding onto the stats and will post at an appropriate time. Our initial concern was potential backlash to the whole tattoo community as a whole if health inspection is aware and could potentially cause more harm than good for shops that are ordering from sources that they don't know about. I have no problem sharing details on an individual basis for now but concerned about anything public and hurting all shops. Bottom line, I agree with you that that's a good move but at the same time gotta be mindful for the community as a whole.

rollhard
05-11-2017, 11:07 AM
I asked a rep from another source about a lab report. what he sent, was far from any type of document that would indicate that they have ever tested their carts for lead content from what i could understand. just throwing that out there.

thesmokingmirror
05-16-2017, 05:02 PM
I assume the fact that TatSoul is owned by an investment group that also includes Kingpin makes it so that even if they really wanted to share certain information and do care about their products as a whole they cant because it would be a conflict of interest with some of the products its sister company carries. This is what happens when you sell out

TATsoul
05-19-2017, 05:30 PM
I assume the fact that TatSoul is owned by an investment group that also includes Kingpin makes it so that even if they really wanted to share certain information and do care about their products as a whole they cant because it would be a conflict of interest with some of the products its sister company carries. This is what happens when you sell out

Actually, I am the owner of both brands now (I am the original founder for TATSoul and the old Kingpin owner has decided to retire) - I'm happy to say that both brands have the same test results. =) As for sell outs, I don't see it that way. I got an investment group to invest to expand our product development and invest in more wearehouses to speed up delivery to our customers. Jumping the gun is fun to create controversy but before any claims are made, one should understand the whole truth before making any claims.

With that said, I want to thank everyone who has contacted me for the Envy Cart samples. Will continue to fulfill samples as they come in. =)

rollhard
05-20-2017, 09:34 AM
i greatly look forward to selling 'out' one day !!!

thesmokingmirror
05-30-2017, 05:44 PM
Actually, I am the owner of both brands now (I am the original founder for TATSoul and the old Kingpin owner has decided to retire) - I'm happy to say that both brands have the same test results. =) As for sell outs, I don't see it that way. I got an investment group to invest to expand our product development and invest in more wearehouses to speed up delivery to our customers. Jumping the gun is fun to create controversy but before any claims are made, one should understand the whole truth before making any claims.

With that said, I want to thank everyone who has contacted me for the Envy Cart samples. Will continue to fulfill samples as they come in. =)

thanks for the response most of the time these rumors surface, there is no one that represents the brand that can step in and justify the reasoning behind their actions. i still use kingpin and ive had great customer service from them, recently they 2 day shipped me a new hawk pen when the one i initially ordered was out of stock,, these things are easier when a company is larger and has more resources I am aware of this. I just recalled a big topic on facebook where a lot of artists where upset about the acquisition. Im pragmatic about everything and ill continue to use whatever (vendor/machines) gets me the best service and quality

TATsoul
05-31-2017, 05:37 PM
thanks for the response most of the time these rumors surface, there is no one that represents the brand that can step in and justify the reasoning behind their actions. i still use kingpin and ive had great customer service from them, recently they 2 day shipped me a new hawk pen when the one i initially ordered was out of stock,, these things are easier when a company is larger and has more resources I am aware of this. I just recalled a big topic on facebook where a lot of artists where upset about the acquisition. Im pragmatic about everything and ill continue to use whatever (vendor/machines) gets me the best service and quality

Thank you for the support! I did jump on FB on some of those threads but I'm sure it was drowned out and/or I wasn't a part of the private group. Again, I am always personally available to talk/answer any concerns. Even specific orders. I truly believe in providing the best customer service whether it's through me as an owner and/or through my staff members. I answer every email/call that comes my way no matter the circumstance. Thanks again for everything and have a great rest of week!

hellraiser6662
05-31-2017, 07:31 PM
Thank you for the support! I did jump on FB on some of those threads but I'm sure it was drowned out and/or I wasn't a part of the private group. Again, I am always personally available to talk/answer any concerns. Even specific orders. I truly believe in providing the best customer service whether it's through me as an owner and/or through my staff members. I answer every email/call that comes my way no matter the circumstance. Thanks again for everything and have a great rest of week!
My tatsoul chair needs some more arm clips. They have now broken and dont hold the arms in any more, and im in the uk where do i get some from? Thanks

TATsoul
05-31-2017, 07:33 PM
My tatsoul chair needs some more arm clips. They have now broken and dont hold the arms in any more, and im in the uk where do i get some from? Thanks

Please email me [email protected], I'll get over a few pieces to you ASAP. Thanks!

mikozou
06-14-2017, 10:12 PM
Hi, I just received billy samples, wahou I rarely had such a good service just for samples ... full of needles, goodies and delivery by ups in 2 days ... the cartridges are top quality, packaging very clear and super well detailed ... super well finished, needle are sharp, stay really good in place, it does not move, really stable ... seriously top
You can like or not this cartdriges , but the people can not say that tatsoul do not take care of these customers ... few company are as generous and reliable when it comes to trying their products
Thank you billy

hellraiser6662
06-15-2017, 05:14 AM
Yep i contacted billy on here a few posts up about my 370 arm clips, a few emails about how many i need etc and bang i get them to the UK. Also he popped in some carts to try as i ask if he could send some. Now thats customer service for you. No bullshit no excuses. Straight talking and bang .. all good. So thanks again to billy, at least someone in this shit industry is doing something right. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170615/592a3532c7da73f6ee94227198de470d.jpg

jtc
06-21-2017, 06:29 PM
I was expecting a handful of single carts and I got boxes upon boxes. Thanks Billy! I've been using the carts for about a month now. Although the Tatsoul Carts look like the EZ revolution carts at first glance, you can tell the needles and soldering are different. I feel the Tatsoul carts have much better ink flow. I'll continue to keep testing them but so far so good.

mikozou
06-21-2017, 09:15 PM
very goo d ink flow!! this carts are really well made!!'. i love them and i finally found something with high quality!!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

mrbudgie
06-23-2017, 02:19 PM
well done for getting somewhere with tat soul as we have struggled to get a response from then as the vinyl on our tatsoul beds seems to crack and split easily,

TATsoul
06-23-2017, 06:29 PM
well done for getting somewhere with tat soul as we have struggled to get a response from then as the vinyl on our tatsoul beds seems to crack and split easily,

Vinyl is a wear and tear part of our furniture depending on use but we do have top replacements. More than happy to help you on this if you want to shoot me a quick email [email protected]. Thanks for your support!

hellraiser6662
06-24-2017, 04:47 AM
Can you get replacement arm vinyl? Mine on my 370 at the joint have started to crack and spilt. All the years of bending and spraying with anti bac has taken its toll. But on barber dts there is everything apart from the arms.. i cover with cling film so its not a worrie just a thought to get it done..

mrbudgie
06-24-2017, 03:07 PM
Vinyl is a wear and tear part of our furniture depending on use but we do have top replacements. More than happy to help you on this if you want to shoot me a quick email [email protected]. Thanks for your support!

ok thats not an issue would just of hoped that for price it would last longer, weirdly enough all the splits are not in the weight suporting areas. its were the shoulder blades would be and on the pillow in centre.

TATsoul
06-27-2017, 03:33 PM
Can you get replacement arm vinyl? Mine on my 370 at the joint have started to crack and spilt. All the years of bending and spraying with anti bac has taken its toll. But on barber dts there is everything apart from the arms.. i cover with cling film so its not a worrie just a thought to get it done..

Sure, hit me up via [email protected] and I'll get this taken care for you.

TATsoul
06-27-2017, 03:33 PM
ok thats not an issue would just of hoped that for price it would last longer, weirdly enough all the splits are not in the weight suporting areas. its were the shoulder blades would be and on the pillow in centre.

Sure, hit me up via [email protected] and I'll get this taken care for you. Sometimes it happens and be more than happy to support you on this.

schlick
07-19-2017, 12:18 AM
Now that everyone has been trying these out, what is the consensus on the longer sessions?

inkinwi
04-15-2018, 04:27 PM
I have no complaints, although the longest session so far has been around 3.5 hours. So far no problems

Bruce Gulick
07-03-2018, 08:11 AM
I like the tatsoul cartridges but they can't seem to keep them in stock..right now it's August 15 til 3-5 liners are in?? That's most of the summer, gone.

Very frustrating, and for the life of me I can't see why a company wouldn't stock something as basic as that sufficiently.

inkinwi
07-04-2018, 06:19 PM
I really liked the envy carts myself when I checked them out, I'm currently using peak quartz cartridges. Just as good needle consistency and the stabilizer they use is fantastic. 20 per box, so I get double the needles for the same cost and imo they are just as good. What I want to try are kwadron carts but I can't find a supplier for them in the USA.

TATsoul
07-09-2018, 12:36 PM
I like the tatsoul cartridges but they can't seem to keep them in stock..right now it's August 15 til 3-5 liners are in?? That's most of the summer, gone.

Very frustrating, and for the life of me I can't see why a company wouldn't stock something as basic as that sufficiently.

We are very sorry about this. Demand and our high QC procedure (needle head quality + lab tests to always ensure lead-free, etc) bogged us down on our first few production batches and we're actively improving production + QC efficiency. We should have them in sooner than the ETA listed on the site. Moving forward in late Summer, we should have minimal to no stock outs. Thanks again for being a client of ours and your support is truly appreciated. Thank you.

Bruce Gulick
07-09-2018, 04:50 PM
I get that..thanks for replying and also thanks for all the great stuff you guys make.

I'm sure the demand is huge..

nathan bauer
09-29-2020, 06:44 PM
I like their traditional liner cartridges. Nice and loose . Polished . Makes nice bold lines!