PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a Pen Rotary ?

Mr.Taboo
05-31-2017, 04:23 PM
So thinking of picking up a Pen rotary , any recommendations ? or for that matter any that you'd recommend staying away from ?

nivek
05-31-2017, 07:39 PM
I'd wait until the FK comes out this month and see what's up with it. But I am a first timer on these. There are ppl with experience with them here that may give you more help

hellraiser6662
06-01-2017, 05:49 AM
Buy a knock off and have a play, most pens are knocked off idea anyway the basic idea inside a pen is a swash plate movement, everyone has ripped that movement off, like carts today most are the same chinese crap recoloured and packaged. With size of the small machines about today i.e flite nano etc time you set it up its no different in size to a pen, so dont fall for the pen(i)s are better. i would wait for the fki one, goto their youtube channel and watch gastons vids you'll get a good idea on machines and zion might come out in 2 different types.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Patrick
06-01-2017, 10:50 AM
I've used the stylus, kwadron and vanity pens. They're all really good. But I'd have to say I like the swashdrive brush over all of them. It's got all the perks of a high functioning pen plus you can use standard disposable cart grips with it.

daibead
06-10-2017, 12:37 PM
I second Patrick. I use swashdrive brush. Love mine,keep going back to it out of all my machines. With the give bar it is very versatile and can use with any grips.

Bishopbyname
06-10-2017, 04:36 PM
I second Patrick. I use swashdrive brush. Love mine,keep going back to it out of all my machines. With the give bar it is very versatile and can use with any grips.

What are they like for lining?

evlink2006
06-10-2017, 05:02 PM
The brush is the best over all machine I have ever used. Lines like a beast.

darkness
06-11-2017, 06:51 AM
when you would pay 700 usd -the class a pen is the top of pen rotarys. Real 4mm stroke, 12w dcx motor ,adjustable from 1 to 4mm needle deep. And a very own drive mechanics thats deliver like no other machine. The manufactur is building always small batch .Because this its a bit prize. But this is better as all pen rotarys and normal rotarys too.

inkinwi
06-14-2017, 10:42 PM
Website or link to the machine?

darkness
06-22-2017, 05:30 PM
https://www.instagram.com/haewall/

eduki
06-25-2017, 06:17 AM
Impressive how packs color, I was just watching their instagram vids

hellraiser6662
06-25-2017, 08:26 AM
Or you could say its impressive how he packs colour.(not the machine).. when you look down on his instagram page you can see he packs colour with his machines hes used before, so it might not be the machine. If you saw a massive improvment before and after then i would say yes the machine could be a big part of it...

eduki
06-26-2017, 11:51 AM
Or you could say its impressive how he packs colour.(not the machine).. when you look down on his instagram page you can see he packs colour with his machines hes used before, so it might not be the machine. If you saw a massive improvment before and after then i would say yes the machine could be a big part of it...

I have no doubt that he can, but I didn't find any other vid of he packing black or color except with that pen. I scrolled down till the first pic

tatoo-kid
06-26-2017, 05:41 PM
This is like saying I could sing better if I buy a more expensive microphone...
Its all about the artist, and it always will...

eduki
06-26-2017, 07:05 PM
Yes, of course we can line with a shader and pack color with 2mm. stroke at 3V, it's all about the artist. A good tool never helps, that's because nobody here talks about different qualities of the tattoo machines.

tatoo-kid
06-26-2017, 07:32 PM
I could make a full realistic color tattoo using a machine done at home, build from the vibration motor of a playstation controller...
So yes you don't need some NSA technology to make a good tattoo... like this guy on the video packs color so good, not because of the machine but because of his technique...not telling the machine is not good, I'm telling give the machine to other less skilled artist he will not pack the same...
and yes you can line with a shader, or even with a Woodstick with needles on it...
about 2mm the first Cheyenne was 2 or 2.5mm and lot of people was packing color with it
about 3v? depends of the volt/rpm range of the motor... Gives a lot of machines you can run even at 2v...

But to answer the question, I had Cheyenne pen, and I had also Proton (2ndmodel)
and both were great, proton is a bit softer and smoother but great quality/price

darkness
06-28-2017, 06:50 AM
yes but i think its going faster and easyer with a powerfull 12w motor and 4mm stroke. The hitting force is more stitching as pushing like other rotarys and works better on slappy areas or the bad areas . Its the same with dan kubin machines. Do we need this - no ,but its make the job easyer for us .

tatoo-kid
06-28-2017, 11:12 AM
yes but i think its going faster and easyer with a powerfull 12w motor and 4mm stroke. The hitting force is more stitching as pushing like other rotarys and works better on slappy areas or the bad areas . Its the same with dan kubin machines. Do we need this - no ,but its make the job easyer for us .

Yes that way I agree with you, make our job easier or more comfortable.... and Faster or Slower....

Noa
07-05-2017, 09:19 AM
Give bar with any disposable grips? Name a few please? Thanks :)

Noa
07-05-2017, 09:21 AM
Please name a few Disposable grips which will fit the give bar ? Thanks :)

eduki
07-05-2017, 08:02 PM
That's the point ;)

Patrick
08-27-2017, 09:54 AM
Please name a few Disposable grips which will fit the give bar ? Thanks :)

Unfortunately, I haven't found a disposable grip that works with the brush's give bar. The inner diameter is too small. It works amazingly well with the swashdrive grips. But only those grips. I use the solid, medium length drive bar with disposables.