PDA

View Full Version : Curious as to who makes these

Alie K
08-27-2010, 02:52 PM
This photo was taken by a friend of mine while at the Tattoo Hollywood convention last year. Said he overheard the builder say it was not for sale but could in fact tattoo with it. Hand made and totally different then any other Rotary machine I have seen before, anyone know who the builder is?

AllisonLawson
09-29-2010, 12:59 AM
That is craaaaaaazay! I wonder why it has a spring and contact screw?

Administrator
09-29-2010, 01:08 AM
I watched this run in person, the spring is there as a timing spring to keep the armature bar pivoting up and down as the horizontal cam in the back... (i guess you could call it a cam?) drives the bar as it as it spins. confused yet? it even looks confused when it runs. The contact screw is just to keep the spring holding its tension making sure the armature bar snaps back into position. Fun to watch the guy said they have tattooed with it before but it was not for sale just made it cause he could.

specialtechnique
10-14-2010, 06:14 PM
where is the photo?

Administrator
10-14-2010, 06:20 PM
Crap, the site that hosted the photo appears to be down. I will look for it elsewhere and post it again, this time as an attachment.

Administrator
10-15-2010, 10:05 PM
http://i56.tinypic.com/29e6ejk.jpg

The machine in the middle, finally found the photo and re posted it.

Alie K
10-18-2010, 02:09 AM
It looks kind of like a penguin...

Mike3six
10-24-2010, 11:06 PM
WOAH, I WANT ONE

Alie K
10-24-2010, 11:27 PM
a penguin? yeah, i can see you with a penguin as a pet...

rotaryworks
10-27-2010, 04:46 PM
mmmmm i like this its kinda the sam as a swash drive where the circle is thicker at one side than the other so it makes the arm bar go up and down 4/5 mm i bet .. i bet it was amazing to watch ........this is such a cool idea to soften up a rotary .......but why i ask myself a rotary is made to hit hard an perfectly straight why soften it mmmmmmmmmm.....nothing like the solid punch of a rotary machine gives me ................goose bumps

Administrator
10-27-2010, 05:13 PM
The conversation I had with the guy was that he made it for fun and really would never sell it. Shame it would kinda look like it was dancing. If you saw the care he put into the details on the coil machines he made you could tell this was made as a prototype/joke. Just really kicking my self for never getting a video of the thing running for the full effect.

rjdadio
10-27-2010, 05:37 PM
I had one very much like this in my hand back about 99 or 2000. The shop I had been making machine parts for gave me two machines to copy, said both were from Italy. The one I had had a stainless wheel where this looks like a brass wheel. Also, the wheel had more of a bump than a gradual wedge to it. The armature bar was setup with a shouldered screw it rotated on, and the follower spring adjustment screw was placed a little higher than this one. Both of the machines I was handed were screwed together and not welded.....like this looks. At the time, I thought this one was too weird so I didn't work on it for them....did redo the other into 1 CNC part versus the 4 parts screwd together. I was told at that time both were Poalini's, but I have never seen one like it with Lauro's name. but maybe???

tattoo4satan
03-10-2011, 04:25 PM
it looks like one this guy named gentle on the hyperspace forum built. i could be wrong but i remember he built one with a spring and contact screw.

Inkspression
05-05-2012, 08:02 AM
Softening the hit makes soft shading easier