PDA

View Full Version : cheyenne hooked skin

P.Alonso
07-10-2011, 02:45 AM
Hello, I recently bought a spirit hawk Cheyenne, previously had proven time and taste as I drew the lines, (it was a leg skin is easier), but now that I have used in other areas, I have the problem that I hooked the needle to the skin. I think the hawk has a very short stroke, because I usually took more needle that allows me to hawk without engaging the skin, and therefore not defined with a few strokes.
Someone can help me?. The eccentric can be modified to give a longer stroke?
Thanks

fkirons
07-10-2011, 02:49 AM
turn up the voltage you may be running it to slow

P.Alonso
07-10-2011, 03:28 AM
I tested voltage very slow, medium and very fast and is equal, which voltage is best for line, for shading and filling?

The Limey
07-10-2011, 03:29 AM
Did you loupe the cartridge before running it? I ended up opening 3 separate mags the other day because the first two were useless; the first the needles were snagging/dragging on the bottom of the tip and the other had the needles running over the top of the lugs that are supposed to keep them at the back of the cartridge.

Jan Li
07-10-2011, 04:42 AM
Hi Alonso I have a Spirit to if I turn the neeldels all the way out my needles also get hooked to the skin, if you just turn it in 2 clicks the problems is away on my machines, I hope this helped you.

jan Li

P.Alonso
07-10-2011, 06:35 AM
Hi The Limey, As the modules are too expensive to be wrong ...

Thanks Jan li, but if I reduce the shock, I can not dashed defined because it is not deep enough ...

The Limey
07-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Hi The Limey, As the modules are too expensive to be wrong ...

Unfortunately that isn't the case, I'm not the only user on here to have bad needle cartridges.

slicksteel
07-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Try the t-tech needle carts,they are made very good.
http://ttechtattoo.com/

fkirons
07-10-2011, 02:18 PM
out of 3 needle cartdrige in my last batch 1 has snuggled needles. I have to carefully put the needle in place with a 7liner need bar.

Venom207
07-11-2011, 08:10 AM
I have a pile of unusable Hawk cartridges. Contacted ttech for a sample and they refused.

JohnnyChaos
07-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Do you think if the spring tension in the cartridges isnt' quite right then it could struggle to keep up with the motor.. I've had a couple of snags at very shallow depths and figured that if the spring couldn't retract fast enough then it would cause the needles to not retract fully. Just a thought.

After this happening a couple of times I tried lining with the machine angled forwards slightly rather than straight up and down and it seems to produce a much nicer line.

P.Alonso
07-14-2011, 02:44 AM
If, this doubt also I have appeared it, because seemingly the needle in idle remains completely shy.
Although with shy her and in stopped if they touch the peak, one notices that the needle hooks a little on having inclined it forward, I think that it might be also that the needle does not have sufficient tension is supported firmly apollada the base of the toecap as when you use a needle with normal bar that the pressure of the gum exercises in the whole needle.
not if I am understood, I'm sorry for my English.

wing
07-15-2011, 07:43 AM
Whats up with them.?

Vallee
07-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Well that answers my question.

DavidEngbaek
07-17-2011, 08:23 PM
contact Konrad at Cheyenne , he'll take care of you...
as for t tech....awesome quality, great price.
im one of the listed artists at cheyenne...i have an original and a spirit.
both line 11-12 volts and shade around 9...sometimes i find some of my Cheyenne cartridges wont do anything under 11 volts, as in the machine wont move the needles...
please keep in mind, you lose the warranty of your machine if you use TTECH, so i only use them on my original.
ive never used used PU2 power supply, i use a critical, because i use other rotaries as well.
btw i really dont notice much difference between the orginal or spirit.
But i Love em

Alie K
07-18-2011, 12:43 AM
contact Konrad at Cheyenne , he'll take care of you...
as for t tech....awesome quality, great price.
im one of the listed artists at cheyenne...i have an original and a spirit.
both line 11-12 volts and shade around 9...sometimes i find some of my Cheyenne cartridges wont do anything under 11 volts, as in the machine wont move the needles...
please keep in mind, you lose the warranty of your machine if you use TTECH, so i only use them on my original.
ive never used used PU2 power supply, i use a critical, because i use other rotaries as well.
btw i really dont notice much difference between the orginal or spirit.
But i Love em

You lose your warranty if you use anything other than a 'Hawk' component on your machine? Interesting. I wonder how one could tell if different cartridges were used on the machine, other than the proprietary ones?

The Limey
07-18-2011, 02:24 AM
sometimes i find some of my Cheyenne cartridges wont do anything under 11 volts, as in the machine wont move the needles...

I thought part of the reason for them developing the Spirit was to overcome the issue of larger mags not running at lower voltages?

DavidEngbaek
07-18-2011, 11:51 AM
wink wink......