PDA

View Full Version : Cutlass Springer Machine

tattooedpirate2
07-10-2011, 12:06 PM
These are handmade by Tattooed Pirate.com one at a time with a one week turn around time from the time your funds clear. I am offering these for $300.00 plus shipping. These are well balanced with all the weight towards the front of the frame. At less than 7 ounces the feel is that of a coil machine with the same bounce of the action with adjustable spring give and RCA or clip cord power hook ups. Polished to a high luster aluminum or a lightweight one in all black delrin. www.tattooedpirate.com (http://www.tattooedpirate.com) or [email protected] for ordering.3309

slicksteel
07-10-2011, 12:55 PM
man that looks sweeeet!

spoonertattoos
07-10-2011, 03:34 PM
Really a beauty. Can you change the spring out to give a different stroke or tension? Have you tried to line with it?

Dan Kubin
07-10-2011, 07:45 PM
I saw "springer" machine, and I thought someone was already ripping off my design! whew.

spoonertattoos
07-10-2011, 11:30 PM
i thought the same thing.

tattooedpirate2
07-11-2011, 01:09 AM
Nope I don't steal designs. I just use designs of machines I already build. The slide piece is from my Rapier machine with a hole drilled all the way through it. I'm using my crank and connecting rod from all my machines and the spring comes from coil machines. Which yes you can change and make the machine do whatever you like. The spring give is a coil spring that can be compressed via the set screw in the top of the slide. I'm already stream lining the design for production. It is already evolving into a half Rapier II and spring coil machine. I've done lining and black and gray, lining felt like tattooing with a coil machine. I made it free floating so as to smooth any unwanted vibrations.

gangstajay
07-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Sounds good pirate...damm thing looks good... I hope I can get some money free this week and get one of these from you.

The Limey
07-11-2011, 01:55 AM
That looks tight Cary plus I really like the fact you've used a more traditional vice set up on it!

spoonertattoos
07-11-2011, 04:52 AM
Exciting. I still havent found a rotary that lines as well as my coil cain or cifferi. Keep us in the loop on the production models.

peter clements
07-11-2011, 07:54 AM
I like the fact that there's consideration for those of us that still prefer the clipcord. This machine looks swell. Regarding outlining Rapiers are supposed to be good outliners,maybe this one is even better,we're all looking for the perfect outliner.

tattooedpirate2
07-11-2011, 09:27 AM
I see where the weight of the armature bar is a big factor on the lining in a machine. The speed is a second factor, to make clean lines. I have another smaller faster motor I'm going to do for the Cutlass for a liner only. The Rapier II lines really well in the liner only with the stiff spring I have for it. I like the way to combine all my favorite machines together to come up with a Frakenstein Type Machine. I have a bunch of coil machine frames I'm going to create a Coil/Rapier type liner.