PDA

View Full Version : gen 7 and soft clip

gangstajay
07-12-2011, 01:17 AM
so for the past 2 weeks I have been using my gen 7 with the soft clip and have done line work,blk and gry,color..I have to say very nice.. I did this very large dragon today lots of scales and used a 3L and I was very impressed.. I did some color work with it today on a lady side and she was commenting how the skin wasn't red around the tattoo, So I just might have to buy a whip and see how it does. I'm def starting to like rotarys with "give" to them..I look forward to one of J carltons machine,tattooed pirates cutlass and a few others:D

Alie K
07-12-2011, 04:11 AM
I think I only have one soft clip and maybe 6 hard clips floating around. Wonder why they send them that way? Maybe the hard clips are more popular?

Kali
07-14-2011, 09:40 AM
I wouldnt worry one soft clip seems like enough? Ive bent one of mine around to see if i could make it hit softer and it did sweet FA. Polymide plastic is tuff stuff!

bad_cupid
07-22-2011, 01:59 PM
So around what volts do you find yourself running your gen7 with the soft clip? i've been loving them recently and have been doing black and grey around 6.5-7 volts and it does it qoute smoth, but I've found in some of my healed tattoos that the black that seems quite saturated is not as dark as I would like. Just curious as to if I'm running it too light. I'm about to order a whip so being able to adjust give would probably help with that.

gangstajay
07-24-2011, 12:11 PM
So around what volts do you find yourself running your gen7 with the soft clip? i've been loving them recently and have been doing black and grey around 6.5-7 volts and it does it qoute smoth, but I've found in some of my healed tattoos that the black that seems quite saturated is not as dark as I would like. Just curious as to if I'm running it too light. I'm about to order a whip so being able to adjust give would probably help with that.
I run my gen 7 around 10.0v maybe a lil higher..but that only affects the speed of the machine and your hand speed... but most people run there swashdrive at a min of 8v. but the whip is a great machine I just picked one up and Iam about to buy another one

Alie K
07-25-2011, 01:34 AM

Some inks don't heal as black as others. What are you using? Maybe that's a factor?

bad_cupid
07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Thanks guys. It's kind of funny because I continued to read on what others where running theirs at and saw that 8 and over seemed to be the going voltage. I did a few pieces yesterday and saw the difference. I'm kind of mad at myself for not experimenting with that more...it's not like I just started tattooing, lol. I love these machines tho (I have two gen 7s and my coils are collecting dust).

I ordered a whip and it should actually be arriving in the mail today. It has so many options. What are your favorite setting s for it with bg, color, lining? very curious.

here is a tattoo I actually did with the swash.

bad_cupid
07-25-2011, 04:04 PM
oh and I use Kuro Sumi for all of my black, so I'm thinking that my low voltage, which did take a bit to long to put in now that I think about it, was the problem. I'm glad there are forums like this to help me with this rotary transition. I'm definitely glad I made the switch tho.

slicksteel
07-25-2011, 05:51 PM
try the double sumi black by them it goes in fast n dark and is not to thick that it drys up.

gangstajay
07-25-2011, 06:15 PM
oh and I use Kuro Sumi for all of my black, so I'm thinking that my low voltage, which did take a bit to long to put in now that I think about it, was the problem. I'm glad there are forums like this to help me with this rotary transition. I'm definitely glad I made the switch tho.
hey bad cupid..i knew you worked at city of ink..I dig tukki and mya baily work..I stop by from time to time to see them

gangstajay
07-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks guys. It's kind of funny because I continued to read on what others where running theirs at and saw that 8 and over seemed to be the going voltage. I did a few pieces yesterday and saw the difference. I'm kind of mad at myself for not experimenting with that more...it's not like I just started tattooing, lol. I love these machines tho (I have two gen 7s and my coils are collecting dust).

I ordered a whip and it should actually be arriving in the mail today. It has so many options. What are your favorite setting s for it with bg, color, lining? very curious.

here is a tattoo I actually did with the swash.
you are going to love the whip that thing is so dope..i want another one...Also give the silver back 11 a try I use is for everything..also love the fusion power black for good solid black work

slicksteel
07-25-2011, 10:26 PM
Try kuri sumi double black it is the shit!

bad_cupid
07-26-2011, 04:03 PM
hey bad cupid..i knew you worked at city of ink..I dig tukki and mya baily work..I stop by from time to time to see them Dope! yeah, I've actually convinced Miya to make the switch. I think he has his eyes on the dragonflys just because they look like small lasers, lol. I'm sure he is gonna be a rotary collector like myself soon

bad_cupid
07-26-2011, 04:04 PM
Try kuri sumi double black it is the shit! I'm gonna check it out, thanks

gangstajay
07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
Dope! yeah, I've actually convinced Miya to make the switch. I think he has his eyes on the dragonflys just because they look like small lasers, lol. I'm sure he is gonna be a rotary collector like myself soon
iam gonna stop by and fuck with him as well I have 11 rotarys now.. i have a few more I want