PDA

View Full Version : inconsistant swash drive

spoonertattoos
07-17-2011, 04:04 AM
I bought a gen 7 used. Its an awesome machine. But I've noticed that its heating up and everyonce in a while it will slow down for a second and the speed back up . It doesnt do it a lot but Ive noticed it a few times.

Is the motor dieing? Is it normal?

elbo
07-17-2011, 04:13 AM
Has it had the bearing oiled recently???...one of my stainless gen 7's would slow down,but i hadnt oiled it as it was only 2 weeks old...once oiled it ran lovely,maybe it hadnt been oiled when made was the only explanation i could think of.

spoonertattoos
07-17-2011, 04:52 AM
Good Idea. If possible can you explain how to oil the bearing? Ive recieved mixed messages as to whether or not its even supposed to be oiled.

James

elbo
07-17-2011, 05:13 AM
Good Idea. If possible can you explain how to oil the bearing? Ive recieved mixed messages as to whether or not its even supposed to be oiled.

James

Well the last time i bought a gen 7 from tony at quality tattoo machines australia he sent me oil with it...and i dont think it was to fry food with ha ha....you really need aneedle top oil
bottle(did you get one with yours?)...on the main bearing is a rubber seal,gently insert the needle tip under the seal and apply 1 drop of oil...

elbo
07-17-2011, 05:19 AM
And like i said before...my stainless gen 7 was cured of running slow then fast by oiling...if the motor is running a dry bearing its gonna get hot,just dont oil the motor or you will ruin it...hopefully its nothing else causing you these problems.

chris-in-cali
07-17-2011, 10:48 AM
all of the above is true

Alie K
07-18-2011, 09:51 AM
Is it RCA or clipcord? Sometimes a bad cord connection can make a machine run a little erratically. Does it just slow down a little or do you hear it stop for a split second?