PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly vs. EMS 200

Joe Hinkle
07-19-2011, 10:24 AM
I just placed an order for my first rotary machine. I went with the Dragonfly.
Was debating whether to order a new power supply to supply safe power to the machine.
The power supply I have is an authentic Eikon device EMS 200 with digital display, I have used it for around 6 yrs. now. I've heard differing opinions on the subject but would like to ask the community that is more well rounded and expertized in the use of rotary machines in different situations.

Will it work? and is there a danger zone that I should be aware of with this combination. Thanks for your help.

Administrator
07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
It should work fine, I know a few people who run rotary machines with that supply. The 250 is the one that will shut off when it reads a 99% duty cycle.

Joe Hinkle
07-19-2011, 11:29 PM
Thank you Sir, that is the answer I was looking and hoping for.

Administrator
07-20-2011, 12:02 AM
this is the one you do not want for sure if you are using a rotary.

http://www.eikondevice.com/product/14297

http://i51.tinypic.com/24euio0.jpg

Vallee
07-20-2011, 12:48 AM
I Just purchased the EMS 300 for my new Neotat. I am curious as to who is using this and how they like it?

Joe Hinkle
07-20-2011, 04:40 AM
I think the model I am using has been discontinued or was most likely replaced with an updated model. I was not ready to retire the one I have, it runs all my machines on approximately one volt less than any of the other power supplies I have hooked into. Six years of madicide and Sanicloth wipes multiple times daily with no discoloration to the plastic housing is quite remarkable, to say the least. A sign of superior craftsmanship.
After giving it praises today, it will most likely bite the dust tomorrow mid tattoo, just my luck.

peter clements
07-20-2011, 04:47 AM
I've gone back to using my EMS 200 ,a solid reliable workhorse.

Joe Hinkle
07-29-2011, 08:56 AM
Recieved my Dragonfly, out of the box, I briefly overlooked setup possibilities because the throw is a much larger one than any of my coils. I went with what looked properly set to me, the shading, coloring, and even lining went in with ease. Was almost on par, regarding speed, compared to my coils. This was my experience from a first time using any rotary machine, so with a little more experience using this tool, I can already see it is going to change the way I tattoo forever.
I want to thank the members on this site for aiding in my choice of machine selection. If it weren't for you posting your thoughts and experiences, I would be lost on making a decision, and most likely wouldn't have taken that first leap.

TattoosbyShay
08-25-2011, 12:56 PM
I just placed an order for my first rotary machine. I went with the Dragonfly.
Was debating whether to order a new power supply to supply safe power to the machine.
The power supply I have is an authentic Eikon device EMS 200 with digital display, I have used it for around 6 yrs. now. I've heard differing opinions on the subject but would like to ask the community that is more well rounded and expertized in the use of rotary machines in different situations.

Will it work? and is there a danger zone that I should be aware of with this combination. Thanks for your help.

Don't know how true this is becuz I have the EMS 300 and it already comes installed with & without rotary mode. But heard that earlier versions of the eikon devices that turn off automatically when using a rotary, that eikon will install a rotary mode into your power supply at little or no cost to the tattooer. save for S&H.

Joe Hinkle
08-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Got the machine and it works fine with the EMS-200. Sorry, should have updated earlier.