PDA

View Full Version : late nite on the internet leads to silly purchases

eric03
07-22-2011, 05:22 PM
ok so, call it being over tired or bored but i recently was on ebay late at nite n i decided to buy one of these $20 rotaries. i have swashdrives and recently purchased a stealth(which btw is pretty awesome considering) so i know the general rule is, u buy cheap u get cheap. this one machine was from brooklyn and had a cheesy imprint picture on it with a skull wearing a ny logo hat with "tattoo machine" around it.haha. being from ny n loving the cheese factor, i decided for $20 bucks, whats the harm. so after waiting eagerly to see how bad this machine is,after a few days, finally the machine arrives. when i opened the box up, utter confusion kicks in. it was as if someone with a shrink ray shot a reg sized machine n the result was this. the rca slot was so small that no rca out there could even fit, n the clip chord attachments were so tiny, it would prob rip off the machine if i hooked one on. no tube could fit in the opening n the tube they supplied with the machine fit but didnt allow n e room for the needle to sit. overall, i have no idea who made this or how they are selling them considering how unusable it is. needless to say, i am getting a refund n returning it. so, aside from showing off my stupidity here, i fig i needed to share just incase n e one else was on ebay late at nite n wanted to take a shot with one of these cheap machines.im kinda embarrassed but, atleast we know what to expect.
this is what the machine looks like on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TOP-Black-Rotary-Motor-Tattoo-Liner-Shader-Machine-Gun-/170671398115?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3D LVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1529786247504061485#ht_430 6wt_1097

n this is what the machine looks like in person.n yes,that is a reg size smurf.haha.

hopefully, my curiosity will prevent someone elses to do what i did.haha.

Administrator
07-22-2011, 05:33 PM
Did yours smell like motor oil? the one I acquired for 6 bucks including shipping sure did. The one I got was not engraved but it was a high polished titanium or well that was the lead based paint color they used to paint the plastic case.

eric03
07-22-2011, 05:37 PM
hahaha. no. it didnt smell like anything actually. it was real clean. makes ya wonder y it smelled like that though huh?ha

Administrator
07-22-2011, 05:40 PM
This one was vacuum sealed in a bag. When it was unsealed it was greasy and the inside of the bag was as well. I showed it to a friend who spent years teaching english in china, Indonesia and Thailand. he said "yep, smells like china"

eric03
07-22-2011, 05:48 PM
haha. thats awesome. maybe since mine was from brooklyn, they cleaned off all the china from it.lol

fatcashdaddy
07-22-2011, 05:57 PM
ummmm..its not an RCA jack on the bottom..its a 3.5mm (1/8") jack.....

eric03
07-22-2011, 06:01 PM
oh.my bad. on the ebay listing i got it from it said rca so i just figured. im not too familiar with all the different inputs out there. thanks for the info.

DavidEngbaek
07-22-2011, 10:55 PM
i actually bought one also.. used it with clip cord...repaired some old tribal on someone with it, it actually worked really good for that...however i havent used it since..and probably will just use it as a fishing lure, or throw it at a bad customer.
lol...i paid $15

Gabetexas
10-28-2011, 01:30 AM
I bought one earlier this year to see what was up. Noisiest piece of crap I ever spent $5 on. I am gonna keep the motor though. lol

wildboy
10-28-2011, 01:41 AM
horrible as that is you can actually tattoo with it. ive used it 2-3 times with a round shader and it worked fine for me. in the long(short) run this thing is gonna break, the slider mechanism is made of cheap plastic and its really noisy. Sounds like a toy not a suitable tool for tattooing.

Invertedpixel
10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Lol i have one of those...I've pulled the motor and I'm trying to mate it to an old moskowitz frame...try to make my own hybrid rotary