PDA

View Full Version : All you Neo tat lovers

spoonertattoos
07-26-2011, 04:58 AM
I have a medium stroke neo tat. I can't seem to make it work for me. I've seen some of the work you all have posted using it, and its soooo quiet, so I keep wanting to give it a chance. Lining I get hang ups on anything more than a bug pin 7, Black and grey I get to much pepper like shading, and color ... well my martini and dan kubin are running the pack there. What would you say its best suited for?

I just want to put it to use but its not speaking to me. I know its kind of an open ended question but whats been your best experience with it?

peter clements
07-26-2011, 05:54 AM
What would you say its best suited for?

I think it's a case of what machine is suited to you. As with coils ,it's what suits you,for instance when I used coils I couldn't get along with Cifferi shaders but loved his liners,on the other foot I loved Dringenberg shaders but disliked his liners. Rotaries are the same-you mention lining,if it's a great liner you're looking for, i.e Rotaryworks, Rapier 2, you should have no problem getting a trade with your Neotat. That's the advantage of high end machines, if they don't do it for you,you can always sell/trade for something that does.

gangstajay
07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
hes I agree with peter on this.. if your looking for a great liner use a rotary works..I cant speak on the rapier II yet but in a few days I can...yeaaaa..lol

hendricksonart.com
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
I find if lining with any rotary I cant hang the needle out of the tube or hang it out ever so slightly . So I only like really long stroke rotary's for lining. If the needle goes all the way back up into the tube you wont get hang ups.

spoonertattoos
07-27-2011, 03:55 AM
Im gonna hold on to it for a few more weeks and see where it goes but I am really interested in both the rotary works and the rapiers so If anyone wants to trade PM me and Ill seriously consider it.

hendricksonart.com
07-27-2011, 11:16 AM
If only you had the long stroke

tattoo4satan
07-27-2011, 03:27 PM
i love the medium for lining. it took me a while. i think its a mind thing honestly. one day i was like fuck it i can line with this thing, and i did. and its rad for black n gray of course.