PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Critical Tattoo!

criticaltattoo
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Hello from the crew here at Critical Tattoo! We are excited to join in on this forum. We have invested a lot of time and money and taken years off our life researching all things tattoo power supplies. ;) Please shoot us any questions you may have and we'll do our best to get you good, science driven answers ...

eric03
07-27-2011, 02:23 PM
awesome! im glad u guys joined. im eagerly waiting for my wireless foot pedal to show up today.lol.

eric03
07-27-2011, 02:45 PM
also, u should let ppl know that u guys were the originators of this style power unit n the hurricane knock-offs are in no way the same quality.

Administrator
07-27-2011, 02:49 PM
also, u should let ppl know that u guys were the originators of this style power unit n the hurricane knock-offs are in no way the same quality.

Oh that's been mentioned many times here. Do searches for hurricane and critical on the forum and you will usually see the big complaints coming from those who where fooled and bought the knock off.

criticaltattoo
07-27-2011, 02:54 PM
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....." Right?? The copies are a direct reverse-engineer of our original (3 year old) design which was not nearly as compatible with rotaries as our current design. Which, has ample copy-proofing protections built in. So, people purchasing Hurricanes and the 2 or 3 other Critical copies will not be happy if they are running rotaries. Or if they break. No support is the feedback we have received..

gangstajay
07-31-2011, 11:51 PM
"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery....." Right?? The copies are a direct reverse-engineer of our original (3 year old) design which was not nearly as compatible with rotaries as our current design. Which, has ample copy-proofing protections built in. So, people purchasing Hurricanes and the 2 or 3 other Critical copies will not be happy if they are running rotaries. Or if they break. No support is the feedback we have received..
well I'm glad I changed from my eikon to the cx-2 very happy with it..I just need to get the wireless foot pedel and I will be very happy..welcome to the show

Alie K
08-01-2011, 12:51 AM
Great to have you!

possessed2sk8
08-01-2011, 01:58 AM
welcome!

spoonertattoos
08-01-2011, 02:05 AM
I have the cx2 and It was such a great investment. My tattooing got noticeably better over night. And when I had a problem with it (the buttons started to crap out on me ) they paid for the shipping, repaired it and sent it back in less than a week. I'm a lifer with these guys. Thanks critical. Nice to have you here.

eric03
08-01-2011, 05:05 AM
i know it has been mentioned on here often, just figured if the company itself gave info to the ppl on the forum, it would b helpful for them n maybe prevent ppl thinking about wasting their money on the knockoffs.ive had similar issues n experience as spoonertattoos. couldnt b happier with the company n the wireless foot pedal is beyond awesome. i almost forget i even have one at times. its so thin n fun to use.ive been using it every day since i got it n it hasnt once got in the way, stop being consistent, or made me want to go back to the old standard. it is truly one amazing piece of tattooing progress.

bmerck11
08-01-2011, 10:38 AM
well ive been using mine for a couple weeks now. i can tell you this is a very steamlined system its cleared up alot of space for me. easily mounted anywhere, can be bagd with a machine baggy very clean! i have noticed a couple fluxuations in power and the wireless footswitch has stayed on after i let off it from time to time, minor stuff.the footswitch is very sensitive though so you dont have to think to activate it its natual but with a slight delay.overall extremely slick system and very pleased with it. i think i would miss my traditional gem if i ran more coils, but with the rotaries that little delay doesnt matter. have fun with your new toy eric03 youll love it!

fkirons
08-02-2011, 04:20 AM
Welcome guys. I have critical that use a lot at the shop. The word "Knock off" makes me sick.

Dreviltattoo
08-02-2011, 12:01 PM
I love my suction cup mount. I've got it mounted upside down on my glass desk. Keeps it close but out of the way. I've got the cx1 and it runs great. I like how small it is too. All my shit got stolen in April so I bring my ps and machines home every night now.