PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

punkangel
07-28-2011, 07:38 AM
name is nick and i am from the uk, i have been using Glyn Flew and j carlton, with te odd, Sharpz thrown in, I bought a Neuma Hybrid SS and liked it but hated the set up, and thought that my jun air is best used with the airbrush, but i liked the charicteristics of tattooing with it, so now i have a rotaryworks machine and love it! but the bug to try more is just itching at me.
Been here a while reading up n such, and thought it was time to say Hi!

The Limey
07-28-2011, 09:03 AM
Welcome to the forum punkangel!

If you haven't already, you could get an electric module for your hybrid although I found that mine really changed the weight distribution. Dale makes some lovely machines and they deliver a great bang for the buck too.

How do Glyns machines perform, they are really reasonably priced.

slicksteel
07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I have a glyn puenta style that he made for me a custom lefty-runs very very good.

The Limey
07-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I have a sudden craving for a set of coils again (hush Gaston!) and he sells his machines at very reasonable prices and they are pretty light to boot.

punkangel
07-28-2011, 11:41 AM
thanks for the welcome
i like his machines very much. i bought a liner, then shader and asked him to make a custom 10 wrap the same, had them for around 3 years now and still running purrrfect!

slicksteel
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
I have a sudden craving for a set of coils again (hush Gaston!) and he sells his machines at very reasonable prices and they are pretty light to boot.
dont ditch the poor ol coils limey! lol when you go back to them you will say "dam i could do that with this machine"!I love em both!

The Limey
07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Cool, that's good to know. I've actually just bought a pulse-matic set up (don't ask) maybe once I've played with that for a while I'll hit Glyn up for some custom machines too.

The Limey
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM
dont ditch the poor ol coils limey! lol when you go back to them you will say "dam i could do that with this machine"!I love em both!

That's the issue mate I did ditch them... I have to say my rotaries will do anything my coils would but, I feel almost naked without a coil machine or two in the drawer!

JohnnyChaos
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
hey nick. nice to see you over here :)

Administrator
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
That's the issue mate I did ditch them... I have to say my rotaries will do anything my coils would but, I feel almost naked without a coil machine or two in the drawer!

Is it cause you feel you need at least one to complain about?

The Limey
07-28-2011, 06:20 PM
Is it cause you feel you need at least one to complain about?

You know, it might well be, none of my rotaries go out of tune or break springs :confused:

punkangel
07-28-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks Johnny, I it was you that got me here about 6 months ago lol, Good news mate i put a down payment on the treasure cheast machine,but was really really tempted with the centri, but gonna wait til it all gets streight'nd out, (length light X's n shit) but love the concept!
@ limey looks like i started something here? Glyn lives just down the road from me, so if your interested i will let him know, n yep i remember that baseball bat in the shop at mina rd, St Werburgh. lol good times

The Limey
07-28-2011, 08:44 PM
@ limey looks like i started something here? Glyn lives just down the road from me, so if your interested i will let him know, n yep i remember that baseball bat in the shop at mina rd, St Werburgh. lol good times

Its been eons since I lived in Bristol, I forgot Les insisted it was in St Werburgh's although if it was, it was by a spit only! Is Danny still there or is he long gone? I used to drink with crazy Dave back in the day, although I heard he passed in a bike accident a couple of years ago which is a real shame.

punkangel
07-29-2011, 03:21 AM
I am affraid they are both dead Danny took the shop over untill 1990, he and dave both died 2 years ago, both Dave Ayres, and Ozzy's sons now work in the old marked studio, along with Ozzy, and Danny's son, Jimmie runs and tattoo's at, the les skuse tattoo parlour in keynsham.

mike h
07-29-2011, 03:22 AM
sadly danny died 2 years ago -went to his funeral and he had a proper send off,horse drawn carriage -fitting farewell to a true gent .dave was a top bloke had many a good time with him!dannys son jimmie is still tattooing in keynsham bristol.

mike h
07-29-2011, 03:22 AM
wow i was beaten to it!

The Limey
07-29-2011, 04:59 AM
Wow, that is sad news indeed.