PDA

View Full Version : dragon fly and swiss

joenillo
07-29-2011, 02:52 AM
sup everyone. i think i know a couple guys on here from tattoodles but im new here. i have one more session to go on this(background, shirt, jaw, more into the keyboard) but this is where im at so far. i lined this with a dragonfly and shaded it with the swiss. i use the swiss for pretty much everything..once in a while ive tried the dragonfly (long stroke) for grey shading but i wasnt crazy about it for colour...maybe i just didnt give it enough of a chance but so far of the rotaries ive tried the swiss works best for me.(ive tried the stigma, stealth, metaxa, and a couple cheaper ones) i tried a neotat briefly, short stroke i believe..and hated it. i was hangin up in the skin all over the place. if anyone has a rotary that runs like the swiss ide be interested in hearing what u recommend as i still have a little saturation trouble with some thicker pigments(eternal..shits tough for me to use) anyway heres the tattoo, let me know what u think.
thanks
joe

jstewart
07-29-2011, 03:45 AM
Looks good! I liked this when you posted it on read street/tattoodles. If I can recommend a rotary to check out for color work/and hell b&g too, I say give Dale/rotary works a try. I use it for straight up traditional with unique and powdered colors and it works great for me...My 2 cents,Jstewart

The Limey
07-29-2011, 05:08 AM
If you like the Swiss I'd definitely recommend you take a look at the one of the New Generation Machines (http://www.tattoos-by-peter.de/dcshop+show.cat+1+id+50a3df7c3acb5b178b6cd41221fe2 d66+lan+en+show+Machines.htm) by Peter. Same style as the Swiss but a much wider working range and more torque.

joenillo
08-02-2011, 02:17 AM
does the rotary works dude have a website? all i found was his myspace.
the new generation machines are about the same price as the swiss, when you say bigger working range what do u mean? how does the stroke compair?
thanks guys
joe

Bishopbyname
08-02-2011, 03:10 AM
the new generation machines are about the same price as the swiss, when you say bigger working range what do u mean? how does the stroke compair?
thanks guys
joe

Hiya mate, it's quite surprising considering the popularity of Rotaryworks but no Dale hasn't got a website as far as i'm aware. I've got one of his machines and we did all of our communication through Facebook.

The Limey
08-02-2011, 07:06 AM
thanks guys
joe

The standard stroke machine is 4mm although Peter will make a 3mm stroke machine if you really want one but what I actually meant was it has a much wider voltage range from 8 -15Volts whereas the Swiss runs between 5 & 7 volts.

Alie K
08-02-2011, 10:49 AM
What drew you to the short stroke neotat? Though a handful of people use that one for coloring, I only use my short stroke for black and grey. It did take a little getting used to, whereas the long stroke was a cake-walk.

joenillo
08-03-2011, 05:21 AM
The standard stroke machine is 4mm although Peter will make a 3mm stroke machine if you really want one but what I actually meant was it has a much wider voltage range from 8 -15Volts whereas the Swiss runs between 5 & 7 volts.

lol dude...i run my swiss at like 9-11 volts. never even a hair under 9. if it runs the same tho ide like to give it a try tho. im hearing good things about bishop rotaries too. man, too many to choose from. thank you for the info!

joenillo
08-03-2011, 05:24 AM
What drew you to the short stroke neotat? Though a handful of people use that one for coloring, I only use my short stroke for black and grey. It did take a little getting used to, whereas the long stroke was a cake-walk.

i was guest spotting in BC with a dude who had a bunch of hte short strokes, so i took one for a spin. tried lining with it..man im surprised i didnt rip this guys skin right off im i was gettin stuck so bad. tried shading, same thing. maybe at the upcoming convention ile be able to give one another try.