PDA

View Full Version : Rotary Works tribal line & fill

Zulu
07-30-2011, 08:51 PM
Tribal eagle lines and fill with Rotary Works.

Alie K
08-01-2011, 12:53 AM
Looks nice and clean. How often do you use rotaries to do lining with? Is the Rotaryworks the first machine you've tried lining with?

gangstajay
08-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Hey zulu looks good...so I see you got the rotary works..:)

spoonertattoos
08-01-2011, 03:12 AM
Right on bro, you know what they say once you go rotary... well it doesn't rhyme but same sentiment. haha. Pick up that dan kubin springer, I actually took on a tribal project because of it. I wouldn't have ever done that before.

Zulu
08-01-2011, 12:36 PM
My only previous rotary experience was using a friend's Gen7 to fill 1 tribal tattoo a few weeks ago and I was hooked! This eagle is the first tattoo I've done completely with a rotary machine. One of my artists has a RW so I asked to check it out and for the price I had to have one. Rotary Works is the only rotary machine I've lined with so far. I recently purchased 2 Rotary Works and plan to line, shade and color with them.
I can't give the number specs because my Eikon ES 200 power supply does not have a digital readout; I have to dial in by feel. Not sure what to get but I do plan to get a power supply with wider range and readout because a very slight turn of the wheel makes a huge jump.
I'm still new to rotary machines but will post more pics when I do different types of tattoos.
Thanks for this forum Alie K and all the cats that contacted me with help and suggestions; very educational and much needed!!!

The Limey
08-01-2011, 01:40 PM
I'd definitely get yourself a digital power supply: you'll find it much easier to dial your machine in time after time especially if you have a 6V RW as its performance changes considerably with just slight increases in voltage.

peter clements
08-01-2011, 01:52 PM
That Tattoo's very solid and sharp-well done.