PDA

View Full Version : bishop suddenly got louder

fsandoval
08-03-2011, 11:46 AM
One else have this happened I purchased a bishop rotary for tat soul and did not receive any lube or instructions about three week ago. ive used it about hours about 50-60 hours and right in the middle of a tattoo it suddenly got much louder and sounded like a clicking noise not sure if this is part of the break in period or a sign that it needs lubed any one have any ideas

Administrator
08-03-2011, 12:10 PM
Franco will correct me if I am wrong but this should be the lube most of the builders recommend, its called "Super Lube".

http://www.aaaindustrialsupply.com/ProductImages/superlube/51010resized.JPG

The clicking is probably the bearing taping the inside of the slot in the glide. You can take the backplate off loosen the screws that hold it in place and gently remove the motor (always be mindful of the wires and connectors). The glide should disengage and you can pull it right out. wipe down the inside of the frame then apply the superlube to the sides of the glide and a tiny bit in the slot on the back of the glide. push the glide back in move it up and down a little and push the motor assembly back into the frame. tighten it all up and make sure you haven't pinched any wires. if the motor wont go in all the way when you gently push on the motor in the back toggle the glide up and down until the motor drops in.

Run it a few minutes and see if it still makes any noises you do not recognize.

Billy808
08-11-2011, 05:37 AM
Be careful not to tighten the screws that hold the motor to tight.

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-15-2011, 02:51 AM
Yes Administrator said it 1000% correct. This is directly related to the lube running its course as far as its initial application. You will need to apply the lube every 40 hrs or so and do not over lube either. If you email us at [email protected] we will mail you out about a years worth for a few bucks (just to cover our costs) and we also want to make sure our customers use the correct lube as the wrong kind will permanently damage the motor!

Joe Hinkle
08-16-2011, 05:44 AM
Have any of you builders tried Silicone grease in place of oils? If so, what were your experiences or findings?
It's the light and semi-transparent white grease you often see in use in the moving parts in electronic devices such as the older model cd/dvd players with ejection shelves. It resists dust and moisture very well and it doesn't break down over time, very long life.

fsandoval
08-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Thanks everyone I got some lube from tatsoul lube it and runs great and very quite I love these machines I already order a second one thanks again for everyones help