PDA

View Full Version : whip, RW, and rapierII

gangstajay
08-04-2011, 06:52 PM
started this today guy had to leave..but I used the whip to do the line work 9L and set the slide on 6 , then used the rapier and 9mag and finished up with the RW and 9mag.. I think I like the rapier better for blk and grey..still playing with it.

Zapp
08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
Cool !

Tommy
08-04-2011, 07:08 PM
for the whip, did you use hard clip or soft clip?

gangstajay
08-04-2011, 07:30 PM
for the whip, did you use hard clip or soft clip?
the hard clip...

Tommy
08-04-2011, 07:35 PM
what volts? did you like it? having a hard time getting the hang of lining with the whip.

EDIT: just realized it was you, jay... ok, so what i mean to ask is.... WHY CANT I GET THE HANG OF THIS THING??!?!? your lines are sick.

gangstajay
08-04-2011, 07:47 PM
what volts? did you like it? having a hard time getting the hang of lining with the whip.

EDIT: just realized it was you, jay... ok, so what i mean to ask is.... WHY CANT I GET THE HANG OF THIS THING??!?!? your lines are sick.
lol..I think my line works is the worse of all the shit I do... so I ran this at 10.4 volts 9Lthis is the inner forearm , I have been working on getting my line work better... now what I have found with this machine is that on the down stoke the arm bar extends more..so when I set up my needle I have maybe a nickle thickness hanging out and when the machine runs it pushes the needle out more..so I have been trying to find the right amount at the set up..but sometimes I have to re-adjust the needle .

Zapp
08-04-2011, 07:54 PM
lol..I think my line works is the worse of all the shit I do... so I ran this at 10.4 volts 9Lthis is the inner forearm , I have been working on getting my line work better... now what I have found with this machine is that on the down stoke the arm bar extends more..so when I set up my needle I have maybe a nickle thickness hanging out and when the machine runs it pushes the needle out more..so I have been trying to find the right amount at the set up..but sometimes I have to re-adjust the needle .

Same here,after the first dip in the ink !Thats the only thing i dont like !

gangstajay
08-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Same here,after the first dip in the ink !Thats the only thing i dont like !
whats that zapp your line work..or the whip??

The Limey
08-04-2011, 08:00 PM

Wow, so its still got a really large amount of whip even with the hard clip on set just over half way?

Zapp
08-04-2011, 08:03 PM
about the "Whip" ! And i am still working on my line work but i think whit the "WHIP" i am a step or 2 forward !

slicksteel
08-05-2011, 01:11 AM
Just use a coil liner from FKI they are only 4.5 oz and run like a dream!:)

gangstajay
08-05-2011, 03:31 AM
Just use a coil liner from FKI they are only 4.5 oz and run like a dream!:)
I had been really thinking about getting a coil from fk irons..if I ever get another coil it would be one of his..I also like the pulse machine.. I had 4 of there machine

Dreviltattoo
08-21-2011, 12:39 AM
nice job Jay.

Dreviltattoo
08-21-2011, 12:43 AM
Just use a coil liner from FKI they are only 4.5 oz and run like a dream!:)just got a fki proton last week and love it. it weighs 5.2oz with the built in RCA. Gaston says he's gonna switch the RCA to alum to kill a lil weight. I haven't had to adjust anything on it yet. runs sweet around 4.9v with a 5-9L and 2 #12 elastics. What voltage do you run urs at and which machine did you buy?