PDA

View Full Version : Hell City convention

rjdadio
08-05-2011, 11:39 PM
Hell City is almost here! I just anodized the 50 limited HellCity Vivace machines. Deep red with black accents along with the HellCity logo laser engraving. You have to be at the festival to get one of these bad boys!

This one is for you Durb!

Alie K
08-06-2011, 12:59 AM
Cool!

The Limey
08-06-2011, 04:42 AM
That's super nice, wish I was still in the States!

gangstajay
08-06-2011, 11:12 AM
wow!!! now thats shitty!! everyone on the forum waiting for this new machine...there is a 3 page thread everyone putting in orders and you post about taking 50 machine to the hell city convention..thats some bullshit. all the support from the forum and reviews,,,,boooo,,hissssss..wtf

Administrator
08-06-2011, 12:37 PM
Honestly Jay? Ray has been more then supportive of members of the forum, been quick to answer questions and offered special discounts to members since the day he signed on. If I remember correctly there was going to be an option for members to pre order one of the new machines before they are even available to the public at the show or from any distributors.

This thread is about the machine debueting at hell city being sold there in a specific color and the hell city logo engraved on it. The show is August 26th-28th not today! Go back and re read the three page thread and send Ray a PM if you are interested in a pre order, perhaps he may be up for getting one out to you as soon as he has more then the one in this photo assembled.

gangstajay
08-06-2011, 01:07 PM
uh huh!!I hear ya! admin shit he has given me great deals on machine I had 3..I own 2 now..use them on a regular and planed on getting the new one!!!! but what I posted is how I feel. Ray you could have at least responded to your supports in the thread..thats all I'm getting at (just saying what others are thinking)

@admin I have gone back thru the thread..you show me the pre-order link..I check his webb site on a regular, I stopped looking because there wasnt even any info about the new machine, no pre-order link and I have PM Ray.

rjdadio
08-06-2011, 01:20 PM
You know, I was going to offer some pre release Vivaces to forum members, but these 50 machines are special to Hell City. The promoter, Durb, has been very supportive and helpful to me and he has allowed me to be a major sponsor of the festival this year.
This is a big deal!

So, The 50 HC machines is my thank you to Durb......nothing more. I'm sorry if you are dissapointed.

The official release date for my new machines is August 26. I thought I was going to do something special for the forum members by offering some to them before that date.....because I want to thank you guys for your support too.

I have a list who want the new machines and I will contact you soon. You don't know what I have been going thru lately to make this whole thing happen.....so please be patient.

-Ray

Alie K
08-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Personally, I'm grateful for everything Ray has done for forum members. You want something Eikon doesn't carry stock? Ray is there. You want clipcord, RCA, or both? Ray will hook it up. Have a question? Ray tries to answer (when he isn't going crazy with website hackers, earthquakes holding up orders, shipments of parts actually coming on time, getting sick, etc).

Sure it would be nice to have some special machines that Ray created just for us, but, I'd rather see him take a bunch of machines to Hell City and convert more die-hard coil users to rotary users first!!

I also think Ray, as a machine-builder, has been doing very nice things for forum members. I've seen him bend over backwards for people. There was a post about a neotat on ebay a while back, and even though the machine was used by someone else, if a forum member bought it, he offered to re-vamp it as a courtesy. He didn't have to offer that. I've seen him send machines to countries that most reputable builders don't like to send things for fear of getting their designs ripped off. But, because the artist was an active, contributing member, he broke his rule and made someone very happy. There are other instances that I won't bring up because I don't want to get long-winded here, but I think you get the point.

I think Ray has been pretty generous, I don't think that him bringing some special machines to Hell City is a slap in the face to anyone here.

I hope that anyone who would like to own one of these wonderful new machines has sent Ray an email, asking to be put on his waiting list. Don't make the mistake of just making a comment in the thread, and hoping that he sees it. Threads can move fast, and if you're serious about getting one, get on the list.

If you are wondering what I, myself think of the machine, you can check out the post (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1617-Neotat-Vivace-(viv-uh-chay)-Long-stroke-and-XL-stroke?highlight=vivace) in the Machine Reviews and Comparisons thread.

spoonertattoos
08-07-2011, 02:07 AM
yep he has one of the best customer service in the industry.

Zapp
08-07-2011, 08:53 AM
I can say :
Ray is very kind,helpful and he have a awesome customer service !!!!

rjdadio
08-09-2011, 09:59 PM
You guys paint too pretty of a picture of me....I'm just an ugly old fart! I posted a picture a week ago...

No really, Thanks for the nice notes, but I see areas where we need to improve on customer service.....so it's not a perfect world here.
But we keep trying.

And if the hackers / competition or whoever would quit hacking us.....I would be a happier camper!

inked
08-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Ray is a stand-up guy! he makes ordering a breeze , and even takes time to hear any problems and make sure all is right! well, ive got a custom coloured purplish machine him and all strokes too, cant wait for the new Vivace thou!!

and to Ray and the Mods, can i start a new pre-order thread for vivace if its alright just for us RTF members?

Administrator
08-14-2011, 10:26 PM
I thought Ray was taking these via PM?

inked
08-15-2011, 10:58 AM
oh, i i was just trying to be helpful, cause if its in a thread , its easier for ray to know who wants the pre orders too. but yea, i think i just PM ray my needs :)

rjdadio
08-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I will catch up on PM's and put the list together today and contact you tonight.

Sorry about the not being up on the forum.......but have not had a spare moment for I don't remember how long.

You know.......I think ....."it's safe to come out"......no, no, not out of the closet..........the Vivaces are exciting enough

See, we were getting things rolling on production and then the shit hits the fan. Down a couple of key employees and then the machining centers in the shop start acting up and wanting to go on vacation. Since I'm the chief cook and bottle washer around here......I have been a bit busy. So after getting a real 6 hours last night....I'm ready to take on the world again!

Hope this week goes better than last!

derekta2
08-15-2011, 05:57 PM
how much? i have a friend going to that convention i mite have him get me one.

rjdadio
08-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Well, I am breathing again.......After the crazy rush to get things ready, We are finally here.
I had wanted to get machines out to you guys before the event, but it had been a real mess around here with our shop equipment breaking down and giving us hell. I really started thinking that this was not to be!

My crew pulled together and with very little sleep combined, we got things back on track.

The show and promoter are awesome!

inked
08-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Ray, do u by any chance have the hell city neotat (red color)vivace left for sale still? as i really cant get my ass to hell city. way too far from Singapore LOL.

rjdadio
08-29-2011, 08:42 PM
OKAY, back from the convention.....and trying to settle back in. I promise to get with you guys on orders.

Here are some pics from the show.

Alie K
08-29-2011, 10:10 PM
WOW! That's some huge booth!

rjdadio
08-29-2011, 11:00 PM
I feel so honored to have the support of these great artists! Yeah it was big and busy all weekend and we had a real friendly and fun time. 6 and sometimes 7 artists working at the same time....it was like our own little convention inside of a convention.....WOW!
I'm still blown away!

merky
08-30-2011, 05:16 AM
OKAY, back from the convention.....and trying to settle back in. I promise to get with you guys on orders.

Here are some pics from the show.

hey i see my mr phil , how did he do ? did he win anything this year?

rjdadio
08-30-2011, 10:35 PM
He should have! He did a beautiful cactus flower and I along with many others thought it was tattoo of the day. I will post a picture when I get it.

rjdadio
08-30-2011, 10:56 PM
Here is Phil working on the flower.....yep, that's one of my girls! My main machine builder!

gangstajay
08-31-2011, 02:45 AM
So how did the show go for you ray... looks like you had a hell of a booth..did the artists have good feed back with the machine??

rjdadio
08-31-2011, 03:09 AM
The show was awesome! Walking around the convention, I had no idea so many artists were already using my machines.
Pretty cool was the fact that one artist picked up a machine on Friday, then Sat he picked up a second. The first time he used NeoTats and by Sunday he won two awards, one being tattoo of the day.

The feedback on the new machines has been better that I could have ever expected....so I'm a happy camper! My GrandKids like them too!