PDA

View Full Version : New Inkjecta Specific -VS- dragonfly, etc??

lammy2012
08-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Has anyone been able to play with the new inkjecta specific machine yet? I was wondering if someone could give some insight or recomend it over the dragonfly or another powerhouse rotary.

gangstajay
08-08-2011, 02:46 AM
ask joshua carlton...I believe he has

cyclopstat
08-08-2011, 11:42 AM
i have inkjecta a old one and work better than Dragonfly and will order a new one soon

bmerck11
08-16-2011, 12:02 AM
i would love to hear some reviews on that!! especially the inkjecta

Dreviltattoo
08-16-2011, 12:17 AM
No but if someone wants to send me one I'd be happy to write a full review in a week. Lol

Tat2dPinoy
08-16-2011, 07:43 AM
I have a green InkJecta Specific on the way from Mike DeVries. Should be here on Friday, I'll post after I have some time with it this weekend and compare it against the Dragonfly

Administrator
08-16-2011, 12:03 PM
Tat2dPinoy is gonna take one for the team! :) It appears to be priced about the same as the Dragonfly and the stigma machines so this may be a good fair comparison.

Tat2dPinoy
08-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Tat2dPinoy is gonna take one for the team! :) It appears to be priced about the same as the Dragonfly and the stigma machines so this may be a good fair comparison.

haha! Between the Bizarre v2 and the Dragonfly, I'd have to say the edge goes to DF as far as being more lightweight, more quiet, and less vibration. What interests me about the Inkjecta Specific is this description, 'Remarkable coil like feel, hit and sound'. We'll see

The Limey
08-16-2011, 12:41 PM
haha! Between the Bizarre v2 and the Dragonfly, I'd have to say the edge goes to DF as far as being more lightweight, more quiet, and less vibration. What interests me about the Inkjecta Specific is this description, 'Remarkable coil like feel, hit and sound'. We'll see

Cheers for taking one for the team LOL! I just hope the sound reference doesn't just mean its one noisy ass machine.

bmerck11
08-18-2011, 11:27 PM
thanks for the help the other night getting the order figured out Tat2dPinoy. looks like we will have to compare notes on it should have it mon....that will be my first one in this style with adjustable give on it.

turnrock
08-19-2011, 01:15 AM
thats exactly the part of the description that made me not buy it. i already have a draw of coils that feel,hit and sound like coils.but im still very interested in hearing your review when you get it.

Tat2dPinoy
08-19-2011, 07:17 PM
Ok got the Ink-Jecta Specific today, even got to use it and all I can say is WOW! It really does have a coil-like hit, feel and sound. It is very similar to the Dragonfly when you twist the screw counter-clockwise to have more give, the machine gets louder and the stroke increases. With it screwed in tight, the machine is very quiet and the stroke gets shorter. It really felt like I was tattooing with a coil, with the consistency and weight of a rotary. Balance is nice, only 3.8oz. The only thing I can compare this to is maybe the Centri from the video clips (although I have not used that yet). Check out this short YouTube video of it in action (sorry iPhone) and ask me any questions about it. I will definitely buy another and it will be in my constant rotation. Incredible!

http://youtu.be/nIssdeaDXuQ

Zapp
08-19-2011, 07:35 PM
Ok got the Ink-Jecta Specific today, even got to use it and all I can say is WOW! It really does have a coil-like hit, feel and sound. It is very similar to the Dragonfly when you twist the screw counter-clockwise to have more give, the machine gets louder and the stroke increases. With it screwed in tight, the machine is very quiet and the stroke gets shorter. It really felt like I was tattooing with a coil, with the consistency and weight of a rotary. Balance is nice, only 3.8oz. The only thing I can compare this to is maybe the Centri from the video clips (although I have not used that yet). Check out this short YouTube video of it in action (sorry iPhone) and ask me any questions about it. I will definitely buy another and it will be in my constant rotation. Incredible!

http://youtu.be/nIssdeaDXuQ

First of all,thank you for the report !
Did you see any difference to the Dragonfly ?

The Limey
08-19-2011, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the video. Look forward to a follow up when you've had more time with it and possibly comparisons to the Bizarre and Dragonfly.

Tat2dPinoy
08-19-2011, 08:03 PM
I like the Bizarre v2, but the Dragonfly was my favorite until now. The give screw on those machines just loosens the needlebar pin and it rattles louder the more you unscrew. That theory works, but it really wasn't 'give' to me, it was more 'detached'. This Specific has a flex like an armature bar on a coil! That flex increases with the counter-clockwise turn, but the give and flex is always there. Closest thing to a coil, without the weight and constant tune ups. Specific & DF will be my daily runners for a long time

darkside-studios
09-09-2011, 10:50 PM
i was just wondering if devries is quick to ship out after you order ? i just placed my order today and hope ill have it by wensday, im so pumped.

Tat2dPinoy
09-10-2011, 10:25 AM
i was just wondering if devries is quick to ship out after you order ? i just placed my order today and hope ill have it by wensday, im so pumped.

Got mine in 5 business days, Cali to Ohio

darkside-studios
09-10-2011, 10:28 AM
did it come postal or ups?

Tat2dPinoy
09-10-2011, 10:44 AM
did it come postal or ups?

Can't remember, let me check my records when I get to the shop

slicksteel
09-10-2011, 02:46 PM
It looks to actualy have an arch to the give like a coil.

Tat2dPinoy
09-10-2011, 04:16 PM
It does slicksteel! The closest feel and hit to a coil, without actually being one ;)

elbo
09-10-2011, 05:23 PM
wheres a uk supplier????

JCarlton
09-10-2011, 07:37 PM
This machine is insanely adjustable. It can hit softer than I can imagine anyone wanting with a very long throw. And all the way back down to a short stroke ( almost identical to my cutback shader, coils) Its louder than any rotary I have used but I actually like the buzz! I have not lined with it but I have a feeling it would be no problem at all.

The Limey
09-10-2011, 07:38 PM
wheres a uk supplier????

From what Bez posted it looks like its going to be Triplesix Studios (http://triplesixstudios.co.uk/)

darkside-studios
09-10-2011, 10:07 PM
what is the compatability with power supplies, is an eagle 2 from franco gonna work ? what power settings work well?. sorry for all the questions ,but this is my first rotary im trying to get a base line to work from .

lammy2012
09-12-2011, 09:55 PM
thanks for the responses guys

-Tat2dPinoy - whats the comparison between the DF and inkjecta as far as actual tattooing?? saturation, ease, color-packing, etc??

Huapingdrumm
09-12-2011, 11:42 PM
Did you get the standard stroke, or the long stroke?. I'm interested in how the machine packs colour?.

Cyberitual
09-13-2011, 02:23 AM
Does this machine lose punch as you press on the give like a coil? Can't wait for a comparison to a Centri.

bmerck11
09-13-2011, 08:50 AM
well i think that one will be on JCarlton i think he is about the only dude on the planet with both in his tool box.

Tat2dPinoy
09-13-2011, 10:03 AM
thanks for the responses guys

-Tat2dPinoy - whats the comparison between the DF and inkjecta as far as actual tattooing?? saturation, ease, color-packing, etc??

Ok let me give some comparisons between the two now that I've had more time with them.

The Specific comes shipped with a 2.5mm stroke, but with the spring give it has it is more than adequate throw. A 3mm stroke is available, but I can't see that being necessary on this machine. It lines and color packs great, I prefer to open up the give which also increases the stroke, for I believe that give is the secret to lining with rotaries. The drawback to me is that makes the Specific very loud with a long stroke, which some people like. It actually does sound, feel and hit like a coil which to those making the transition from coils will feel very comfortable with it. With the give screw tightened down the stroke is very short (great for black & gray) and it is very quiet while still keeping that coil spring give. One thing I have noticed is there is a good amount of bruising and bleeding with it which is similar to a coil and the healing is similar to a coil.

You also can't go wrong with the Dragonfly's. They are very light, quiet and the needle tensioner is great. I don't really care for the give system, which just seems to loosen the needle bar pin and it just seems to rattle around. I use just a slight give on the DF's

There is a bog down when you press on the give on the Specific exactly like a coil, but it doesn't lose force. I would love to use the Centri and compare the two, I will definitely add that to my collection in the future.

It all comes down to user preference. There isn't a 'one machine does all'. I've used every rotary on the market and I've settled down to my DF short stroke for lining (small groupings) & black and gray, the Specific for lining (large groupings) & color packing, and the Bizarre v2 and Vivace 4.2mm long stroke for color packing & blending. I hope this helps, ask me any questions you may have. I love machine talk and I love this forum for helping me as well :cool:

Nedz
09-13-2011, 10:47 AM
Have a look at my machine this does the job properly you change the spring to determine how hard you want the machine to hit you change the voltage determine how quickly you want the machine hit. Each
process works independently of each other so no matter how slow you run the machine it still hits with the same power. I don't allow you to change the throw by adjustment to do this you have to change the cam(2.5mm,3.5mm and 5.0mm)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9so5-dYAEfg

This is the first video uploaded I will post some more with better sound and a close up. Voltage used were 3.8v - soft spring, 4.4vsoft -medium spring ,
4.8v medium spring, 5.0v medium- hard spring and 5.8v hard spring.

Zapp
09-13-2011, 11:04 AM
Ok let me give some comparisons between the two now that I've had more time with them.

The Specific comes shipped with a 2.5mm stroke, but with the spring give it has it is more than adequate throw. A 3mm stroke is available, but I can't see that being necessary on this machine. It lines and color packs great, I prefer to open up the give which also increases the stroke, for I believe that give is the secret to lining with rotaries. The drawback to me is that makes the Specific very loud with a long stroke, which some people like. It actually does sound, feel and hit like a coil which to those making the transition from coils will feel very comfortable with it. With the give screw tightened down the stroke is very short (great for black & gray) and it is very quiet while still keeping that coil spring give. One thing I have noticed is there is a good amount of bruising and bleeding with it which is similar to a coil and the healing is similar to a coil.

You also can't go wrong with the Dragonfly's. They are very light, quiet and the needle tensioner is great. I don't really care for the give system, which just seems to loosen the needle bar pin and it just seems to rattle around. I use just a slight give on the DF's

There is a bog down when you press on the give on the Specific exactly like a coil, but it doesn't lose force. I would love to use the Centri and compare the two, I will definitely add that to my collection in the future.

It all comes down to user preference. There isn't a 'one machine does all'. I've used every rotary on the market and I've settled down to my DF short stroke for lining (small groupings) & black and gray, the Specific for lining (large groupings) & color packing, and the Bizarre v2 and Vivace 4.2mm long stroke for color packing & blending. I hope this helps, ask me any questions you may have. I love machine talk and I love this forum for helping me as well :cool:

First of all,thank you for your nice machine reports !
You saying :for I believe that give is the secret to lining with rotaries.
I totaly agree !
Since i use the "Whip" my linework gets better !
I get my "Inkjecta" a couple of days ago and i will give it a first try tomorrow !
Inkjecta says to turn the give skrew all the way down for linework,but that make no sence for me because they hit then too hard !
The whip,inkjecta and the centri(witch i dont have) are the only rotary machine they work like a coil machine !
The next days i can say more how i like the "Inkjecta",but yes its pretty loud for a rotray machine !

Cyberitual
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I don't own any of these rotary's that use springs and adaptable parts that support the give to there strokes, so I was wondering how much wear and tear do these systems produce on the motor? Is the motor actually working harder as the springs get heavier or have more pressure against the rotating part on the axel of the motor? To me it still seems like all these machines have something banging or pressure being forced onto the rotation part on the motor. That would seem to cause more heat and threaten the life of the motor. Don't DC motors normaly die from being choked to death in a sense? Please correct me if I have it wrong. Kinda like driving with the e brake on or towing something heavy?

Nedz
09-13-2011, 05:03 PM
You might have a point with a conventional brushed motor but with Swiss motor this is not a factor that's why they cost so much I use motors from a company called Faulhaber and they assure me their motors are more than capable of doing the job. This is why most modern rotaries cost around 500 dollars as the motor alone can cost 100 dollars.

Bishopbyname
09-13-2011, 05:11 PM
You might have a point with a conventional brushed motor but with Swiss motor this is not a factor that's why they cost so much I use motors from a company called Faulhaber and they assure me their motors are more than capable of doing the job. This is why most modern rotaries cost around 500 dollars as the motor alone can cost 100 dollars.

Faulhaber are top quality motors, some of the best around. Longer life too if they're used correctly.

Cyberitual
09-14-2011, 02:04 AM
Faulhaber is what i use aswell but Brushless motors are just as fragile, The majority of there motors are made for robotics and designed to spin in both directions on a dime. Ive spoken to many of the techs there and they still suggest to not put alot of pressure down on or toward the side of the axel. But if it works it works. Just was curious...

john hansen
09-17-2011, 12:18 PM
I don't own any of these rotary's that use springs and adaptable parts that support the give to there strokes, so I was wondering how much wear and tear do these systems produce on the motor? Is the motor actually working harder as the springs get heavier or have more pressure against the rotating part on the axel of the motor? To me it still seems like all these machines have something banging or pressure being forced onto the rotation part on the motor. That would seem to cause more heat and threaten the life of the motor. Don't DC motors normaly die from being choked to death in a sense? Please correct me if I have it wrong. Kinda like driving with the e brake on or towing something heavy?

The Specific doesn't have a direct interaction between the give setup and the motor. The slider assembly is setup similar to the Neo Tat. The adjustable give assembly is contained within the slider assembly, as opposed to above it, therefore the give spring is at constant tension, and the tension isn't transferring into the motor. I believe this is the reason the Specific makes more noise than other rotary machines. Hopefully my explanation makes sense, if not I'll describe more or draw a diagram.

darkside-studios
09-19-2011, 03:13 PM
it has arrived , woo hoo. all i can say is this thing rocks, i was kinda leary about all the reviews on the loudness of this machine ,and hoping my power supply was compatable . SCORE, for this being my first rotary, and a ton of research, my freedom2(not eagle2) works perfectly, the sound is perfect sofar , i havent opened it all the up yet , since it my day off from da studio ill have to wait till the wife gets home to try it out.

bigboab
10-02-2011, 04:54 AM
Does anyone know where inkjecta can be purchased in the u.k. ?

aazirus
10-02-2011, 05:15 AM
Bez at Triplesix was selling the Inkjecta Specific at the London convention & the website says of 18th August they're getting them in soon: http://triplesixstudios.co.uk/