PDA

View Full Version : mini cranker. 3.6oz great liner!

Dan Kubin
08-10-2011, 08:25 PM
this is my latest as of 10 Aug 2011. 6mm stroke, as a slight damper to it which makes it more efficient and more effective as a power liner. I am only doing a limited run of these for now.
what I like most is that it is 100% hand made by me (minus the hardware) and it sinks thick lines in with ease. I'm waiting for the right piece to come in that I can make a video for you guys running a 14 liner. effortless.
this particular model isn't for sale yet to the public.. I want to run the motor for a while as it new to me and a bit smaller than my standard motor.

for more info, you can contact me on facebook www.facebook.com/dan.kubin (http://www.facebook.com/dan.kubin)

wildboy
08-11-2011, 02:14 AM
beautiful

gangstajay
08-11-2011, 02:33 AM
looking good dan

Dan Kubin
08-11-2011, 09:29 AM
okay, I have a video up. It's of a friend of mine using it. kinda blurry..took the video with my phoneLining with Dan Kubin mini cranker rotary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17snjRL_rAA) let's see if this works. The machine isn't that loud in real life..I guess the mic really pics up on that frequency.

fkirons
08-11-2011, 09:35 AM
I dig it a lot man
What's the motor you are using?

Dreviltattoo
08-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Looks really nice. How much does it weigh?

Dreviltattoo
08-11-2011, 11:13 AM
Looks really nice. How much does it weigh?Sorry. 3.6 duh.

slicksteel
08-11-2011, 12:06 PM
hey dan would you say this is the best one for large liners out of all your machines? also how is the wear on that crank arm?
I am realy getting in to large line work would like rotary a machine just for that. 3866 I did this outline the other day with my bicknee set as a cutback with custom one and half coils and a standard med tight long taper 9liner for the main lines and a super tight extra long taper for the cracks-if it can do work like this with it I am sold!

Dan Kubin
08-11-2011, 05:10 PM
yeah, Michael, it can push lines like that.
It's so far my best liner. -though I'm anxious to color with it, as I like a bit more weight for lining.

The important thing here is that I am happy with the stroke length and amount of dampening.

The drive bars are made out of delrin now..I don't imagine them wearing out, if so, they are easy to replace.

It has a Mabuchi motor.

Tommy
08-11-2011, 05:25 PM
DAMN.

i like it!

Administrator
08-11-2011, 05:36 PM
yeah, Michael, it can push lines like that.
It's so far my best liner. -though I'm anxious to color with it, as I like a bit more weight for lining.

Dedicated disposable users may appreciate the reduction in weight.

gangstajay
08-11-2011, 06:23 PM
yes your right

inked
08-14-2011, 06:56 PM
Ive seen the video, pushes lines easy. looks awesome bro!

peter clements
08-15-2011, 08:03 AM
Dan have you tried it on smaller lines ,i.e 3s to tight 7s?

Dan Kubin
08-16-2011, 09:37 PM
yes, Peter, it works great. The smallest I've used has been a bugpin 5, and it worked awesome. I'm sure it would handle a 3 just fine, but I like the direct drives for 3's. -the direct drive machine is my magic 3rd machine..fine liner or extra shader, but I'm starting to like the versatility of these crankers quite well.

Dan Kubin
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
Just got this one built up. it's #2 of this model, but with a brass base. It added an extra ounce, putting it at 4.6 oz, which seems to be the perfect weight for me.3922

Denner
08-21-2011, 02:59 AM
Do you sell them at the moment, and if so should I contact you via Facebook if I am interested in buying one, machine looks super cool, by the way :)

Dan Kubin
08-23-2011, 10:02 AM
Thanks, Denner. I am making a similar model right now, but with a bigger motor that I am selling. I am only selling these locally right now for a few months. I want to make sure the motor holds up well, as I am still new to it.
Facebook is good, because I get notified if someone is trying to get ahold of me.

late664
09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Hi Dan, I was also interested in buying so please keep me updated.

Question. Why did you choose a 6mm stroke for this particular model? I think that is INSANE, BUT, I'm not a builder and you are so you must be on to something!! : ) Also I'm glad you mentioned that the machine doesn't run as loud as in the video (cause it sounded crazy for a rotary).. but the sound did help a lot in letting us know how it ran (bogs down). Is the give adjustable? Thanks for your time.

Alie K
09-02-2011, 11:48 AM
Hi Dan, I was also interested in buying so please keep me updated.

Question. Why did you choose a 6mm stroke for this particular model? I think that is INSANE, BUT, I'm not a builder and you are so you must be on to something!! : ) Also I'm glad you mentioned that the machine doesn't run as loud as in the video (cause it sounded crazy for a rotary).. but the sound did help a lot in letting us know how it ran (bogs down). Is the give adjustable? Thanks for your time.

Thanks, Denner. I am making a similar model right now, but with a bigger motor that I am selling. I am only selling these locally right now for a few months. I want to make sure the motor holds up well, as I am still new to it.
Facebook is good, because I get notified if someone is trying to get ahold of me.

fb (http://www.facebook.com/dan.kubin)

Dan Kubin
09-04-2011, 03:19 PM
I chose 6mm mainly for the way I made that particular flywheel.
it works. that one is actually 6.6mm! -I re-measured. I have just been playing around with different lengths.
It works awesome for whips with that huge stroke.
5-5.5 is a little more versitile though. that's going to be the more common stroke I put on my liners/packers.
The good news is that I can build one with an enormous stroke, and still keep it under control.
I can make them with whatever stroke someone wants.

The dampening isn't readily adjustable. i can build one that is soft or stiff or rigid. it's more on a maid-to order type deal. -and make extra "dampers" that you can swap out.

Amoebadesigns
09-22-2011, 11:46 AM
The machine looks great! I'm digging your creations. Checked them out on Facebook. Good stuff!