PDA

View Full Version : Next one Bishop or Blitz?

wildboy
08-13-2011, 04:37 AM
Im saving up money for my next rotary machine and Im sure that it has to be a linear like the Bishop again...

The only ones I know of so far and which are available in Europe are the Bishop (soon) and the Blitz so I think Ill go for one of these since I dont wanna deal with the customs office or Tattoorite to get my hands on a Neo Tat.

Since I already have a Bishop Im totally in love with Im caught between buying another one or trying out something different...

Any recommendations for me?

Bishopbyname
08-13-2011, 05:39 AM
I suppose that's dependant on what you want the machine to do? Shader, Liner or Colour?

wildboy
08-13-2011, 08:55 AM
In best case all of it... Im planning on changing all my machines to rotarys sooner or later.

The Limey
08-13-2011, 09:50 AM
I'm pretty sure Ray of Neotat fame has a European distributor too. You could also try a dragonfly if you want to try linear with adjustable give.

Alie K
08-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I have a Blitz, and don't really use it as a liner. It's a nice slow machine. If you want to do slow, solid, color work, the Blitz is great. I've lined with Neotats pretty well, but I couldn't tell you about lining with a Bishop. Some people swear that their favorite machine for lining (other than a coil) is a custom Rapier setup from Cary.

wildboy
08-15-2011, 06:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Ray of Neotat fame has a European distributor too. You could also try a dragonfly if you want to try linear with adjustable give.

Unfortunately Ive only found Tattoorite so far... I wanna avoid the Dragonfly I love the Bishop for not being able to fiddle around with the settings.

The Limey
08-15-2011, 09:57 AM
Unfortunately Ive only found Tattoorite so far... I wanna avoid the Dragonfly I love the Bishop for not being able to fiddle around with the settings.

I think it was Smart Art but I just went to their site and it looks like they only carry the Bishop now.

wildboy
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I have a Blitz, and don't really use it as a liner. It's a nice slow machine. If you want to do slow, solid, color work, the Blitz is great. I've lined with Neotats pretty well, but I couldn't tell you about lining with a Bishop. Some people swear that their favorite machine for lining (other than a coil) is a custom Rapier setup from Cary.

Ill try a Neo Tat for sure as soon as I get my hands on one... The Rapier is not available at the moment as it seems. But Im starting to think that it might not be the best idea to force myself into using rotaries only even though I would love to switch right away... Never change a running system?

bmerck11
08-15-2011, 11:57 PM
there are machines when you gettem you say "i can get used to this" and then there are those the first time you use them you dont want to put it down! the bishop change tattooing for me.

Inkslinger
08-22-2011, 04:25 PM
I personally use Neo-tats and Bishops all the time now.I kind of shied away from the Blitz when I actually got to hold one in my hand. I currently have over 80 coil machines and have literally converted to neo's and bishops with one exception, I do run a swashdrive whip. I personally don't care for having to use rubber bands anymore and is one of the reasons I didn't get a Blitz. Now I do have to go rubber band on the swashdrive, but I like the idea of being able to adjust the "give" on a rotary. As far as lining and shading, I use all the above for either.I currently own 4 neo-tats and 3 Bishops and 2 Swashdrive whips that are my daily workhorses. Hope this helps.

Jay Black
12-01-2011, 12:04 AM
Trial and error buddy, unfortunately it's not cheap, but at least you can resell any of these popular rotaries if you're not comfortable with any of them. From my own experience I recommend the Rapier2, best liner I've Ever tried, if they're not available then search eBay, they've been poppin up here and there...ever since I've experienced the Rapiers and the Neo life is good...my next machine I'd like to try is the Bishop...cheerz

Gabetexas
12-01-2011, 03:54 AM
I'm just waiting for the new Bishop to come out.