PDA

View Full Version : Rotary works started making funny noise

Baldrick
08-17-2011, 03:54 PM
Today my rotary works started making a funny noise - nothing major, and hard to describe, but it just got a bit knocky ( told you it was hard to describe )
It still works fine but sounds different - even a client commented on it, I thought it just needed a quick lube but no change.
Any ideas ?

peter clements
08-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Have you checked to make sure any small grub screws are secure,and have you lubed it correctly and with what? When a piston slide rotary gets noisy,i.e my Bishop, it is usually corrected by lubing.

Baldrick
08-17-2011, 05:20 PM
I'll check grub screws tomorrow - I've lubes the piston and cylinder but it's still the same.

gangstajay
08-18-2011, 01:45 AM
the three I have all sound different,,the 1st brass one I got stills runs smooth and like a sewing machine the allum one makes a lil noise..has someting to do with the cylinder and the pin that the needle bar goes on..

tat2joe
08-19-2011, 09:51 PM
Hey Baldrick, My Rotary Works started making a funny noise as well. Like a clicking sound when it was running. It sounded like the spindle of the motor was catching the magnets as it spun around. Well I just used it again after lubing it up and checking all the parts making sure nothing was touching. Then it started to need a push start, 10 min into the tattoo the motor locked up ! Game Over. It was a 6 volt motor and I was running a 7RL with a Mastech Power Supply. It could of been a faulty motor, it happens. I'm not worried Dale is Cool Guy. I just left him a mesg.

Tiger Dan
08-20-2011, 09:34 AM
Ahh so its not just me then.I received mine on Wednesday through the great Rotary Portal and it has been a bit like this from the start. It's like a little loose rattle although nothing seems loose and its lubed up ok. It does need the occasional nudge to start but lines just grand. Thought I was a bit bonkers for a while there....On the other hand, the German evolution is as smooth as Tony Blackburn and sounds no louder than a lady fart.I will give the guys at RP a ring and see it they know what it may be.

Baldrick
08-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Mines all sorted - all it needed was some lube. Running super quiet again - and I've had one he'll of a busy week :)