PDA

View Full Version : Cheetah done with Swash and Bishop

spoonertattoos
08-21-2011, 02:40 AM
Took about 2 hours.
Lined with Gen 4
Black and grey shading with Gen 7
Color with Bishop

Id be happy to hear constructive criticism.

merky
08-21-2011, 07:41 PM
try blending off your blacks so the dont look so cookie cutter, hey man wich shop do you work at in la?

spoonertattoos
08-21-2011, 08:39 PM
Thanks mor the advice merky. I was a little hesitant with my black and grey shading. I have to build some more confidence I suppose. I work at Timeless Tattoo. I see you your in CA too. Where do you work and what's your real name? PM if you wish to sat anonymous.

hendricksonart.com
08-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I would study up some color theory books really learn to push your color pallet so you can push colors fwd and back with ease. I feel this should almost always be exaggerated in a tattoo because your looking through the skin to see the image. If your blacks that were further away were more of grayish blue it would make your fwd blacks look closer. Also some edge work in the tattoo would help as well studying how certain edges react in certain light, rolling edges vanishing edges etc. All this can be done pretty easily with one trip to barns a noble and a few hours reading.

spoonertattoos
08-21-2011, 11:45 PM
thats what Im talking about man. Thanks! I think you hit the nail on the head. Im gonna pick up some color theory books asap.