PDA

View Full Version : New fully adjustable hawk grip suits inkjecta specific

JCarlton
08-21-2011, 10:49 PM
The company that produces the Hawk machine have made a grip so you can use there tips with a standard machine. there's a video on inkjectas fb showing it in use with the InkJecta Specific.This looks nicer than t tech because the machine give is somehow connected to the tip.

JCarlton
08-21-2011, 10:51 PM
the grip even twists so you can adjust needle depth. looks promising. I am not sure of the price or availability yet.

Alie K
08-21-2011, 11:24 PM
Do you have a link to this video? Didn't see anything on fb.

gangstajay
08-21-2011, 11:39 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150241708727924&comments&set=t.1507403113&type=1

(http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150241708727924&comments&set=t.1507403113&type=1)this is just crazy...no limit to the endless use of the machine

Tat2dPinoy
08-21-2011, 11:56 PM
the grip even twists so you can adjust needle depth. looks promising. I am not sure of the price or availability yet.

This is the Hawk's answer to the T-tech grip. This will work on any machine with no need for rubber bands, the regular Hawk grip twists to set depth as well. It looks like the tip has give, because the Specific has give like a coil. It will mimic whatever machine it is connected to because of the plunger system. Keep in mind the regular Hawk grip is $154-170usd, so I'm sure this will be more than that

Tat2dPinoy
08-21-2011, 11:59 PM
T-tech3948

new Hawk tube3949

The Limey
08-22-2011, 12:05 AM
Its about time they did this!

bmerck11
08-22-2011, 12:42 AM
im not farmiliar with the way this works do you have to sterilize the hawk tube after each use like a steel tube. or does the cartridge system help keep from contamination?

Tat2dPinoy
08-22-2011, 08:10 AM
im not farmiliar with the way this works do you have to sterilize the hawk tube after each use like a steel tube. or does the cartridge system help keep from contamination?

Some people just do madacide soaks or wipe downs of the tube, because the ink or blood doesn't get past the cartridge system. You can wrap the entire Hawk machine with a clip cord sleeve or there are tube barriers for it. It feels weird not doing it, so I still autoclave the grip. 3950

The Limey
08-22-2011, 08:38 AM
Some people use finger cots to cover the grip, there is a post about it somewhere.

Zapp
08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
Here it is :

Tat2dPinoy
08-22-2011, 09:03 AM
the grip even twists so you can adjust needle depth. looks promising. I am not sure of the price or availability yet.The depth adjustment of the new Hawk tube isn't necessary on a conventional coil or rotary machine, for you can do that by sliding the tube up and down in the vice just like any other tube. The ideal setup would be using this on a fully adjustable 'one machine does all' like the Specific, Dragonfly, etc. Where using one machine with 5 tips would be like setting up 5 different machines

Tat2dPinoy
08-22-2011, 09:17 AM

Here's a pic from Keith Ciaramello, this is how I wrap as well using self adhering bandage rolls and clip cord sleeve

slicksteel
08-22-2011, 12:28 PM
He already contaminated the grip by using the -t-tech tips they do not have a back seal like the hawks,they are just a plunger with a rubber band that lets fine backspray inside the grip area-they are realy for the ss grips that t-tech makes that you re sterilize.

I just dont see why hawk does not make stainless steel grip/tubes and lower the prices on the aluminum ones so a person can afford a dozen so they can be rotated out to not ruin them and keep it cleaner.

Hammer
08-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Where can buy hawk grip?

merky
08-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I think t-tech should fix the seal thing on there tips but i think if you think about any other machine and back spray it has to be a thousand time more then there almost completely sealed cartridge, but if you clave your tube and plunger i dont see it to be more dirty then any other machine or set up. I clean even if you use use the hawk tips, so the real reason we go to t-tech is the price so if the hawk company can stop raping us for their ridiculusly over priced tips this will help them way more then trying to fight the copycats by doing what thier doing. so what is the price on the new grip $200. ? ill stick to $15. and danm near buy 15 grips for the same price. I say dont trust anything that says it is steril and anything that says it sealed, it may be but we have to allways act like it isnt and act like everyone gots aids, just my two cents.

fatcashdaddy
08-22-2011, 02:52 PM
I'm with merky on this...If the good people at cheyenne had redesigned the new tube with the depth adjustment being a separate collet at the rear of the tube instead of making the hand grip the adjustment (if you lose the "click,click,click" of the adjustment, the handgrip self adjusts as your tattooing) and sold them at around 30.00 US a piece I would be interested

DavidEngbaek
08-22-2011, 03:57 PM
kinda sounds like hawk is Copying TTECH now...TTech has had that concept out for a few years now

JohnnyChaos
08-22-2011, 06:22 PM
Have to say I think the depth adjustment on the hawk grip is a great feature and worth a bit of extra cost, not SS much as they'll probably want though.And I really don't think the cartridges are that expensive. Plenty of other premium disposable tubes that are a similar price.

TattooISH
08-23-2011, 05:06 AM
I brought this to Hawk attention at the Amsterdam tattoo convention this year, where they saw my TTech grips, so they basically bought T Tech out of Business. so they could develop this product. so this is something anyone can do, with a little bit of mechanical knowledge! no new news here!!!

opalus designs
10-11-2011, 12:44 AM
use a condom to cover the grip haha

G.Graves
10-13-2011, 01:38 PM
These look bad ass!!!! As far as not needing to autoclave the grips though....just don't sound right:) I love the idea of changing out the tips, you could have two machines out (long stoke and short stoke) but have 6 diffrent needle grouping out.