PDA

View Full Version : Alan Dixon Rotary USA

wildboy
08-29-2011, 02:24 AM
Ive got a newsletter from a German supplier and I was wondering if someone has ever heard of this machine or used it?

http://www.premier-products.co/ppshop/index.php?page=product&info=1954

Havent found anything besides the builders website but the machine isnt shown on there

http://coolinktattoosupplies.com/

Jaes
08-29-2011, 04:44 AM
They look to have an epic throw on them.

The Limey
08-29-2011, 04:59 AM
They look to have an epic throw on them.

I thought that, adjustable from 3 - 8mm ! Looks a lot like the H.M Tools & Dye machine imho.

Mr.Taboo
08-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Looks a lot like the H.M Tools & Dye machine imho.
I thought the same thing.

slicksteel
08-29-2011, 10:41 AM
It looks like he did alot of improvments thoe and refined the system-bettter looking machine i think, i would buy this over the other one.

wildboy
08-29-2011, 11:06 AM
I would never choose style over function but I think the H&M looks more like a solid tattooing tool than the Alan Dixon one. But the H&M isnt adjustable at all. Does a rotary motor need a cooling system anyways? The description says its a motor with a cooling system on the Dixon machine...

slicksteel
08-29-2011, 11:23 AM
I would never choose style over function but I think the H&M looks more like a solid tattooing tool than the Alan Dixon one. But the H&M isnt adjustable at all. Does a rotary motor need a cooling system anyways? The description says its a motor with a cooling system on the Dixon machine...
I think the functuion would be better on the dixion ,the h&m looks looks like it has the same cheap made connection setup like a stealh.Also looks like dixion actually made a abar for this type of setup. lol i did not even notice that it had a heatsink until i look closer.

Administrator
08-29-2011, 12:05 PM

the cooling system is the heat synch around the motor. This is why there is the odd looking stagger around it. To be honest it looks like it was designed by a RC racing enthusiast.

The Limey
08-29-2011, 01:00 PM
the cooling system is the heat synch around the motor. This is why there is the odd looking stagger around it. To be honest it looks like it was designed by a RC racing enthusiast.

It does look like someone with an RC background designed parts of it for sure! Although I actually think the motor mount is the most sensible/practical I've seen on this style of machine; why bother holding stuff in a can with grub screws etc when most motors that size come with mounting holes on the front anyway. Not sure about the heat sink, there is possibly some merit in having one but it looks a little ott / garish. My only real grumble is the patent pending and other shit written all over the machine, I'd want commission for advertising using that.

Does anyone know how much it even costs?

peter clements
08-29-2011, 02:42 PM
His website looks relatively new,the coil machines look well made are attractive and a fair price. The Rotary looks nice too,but of course we have to wait until somebody uses one.

wildboy
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
It does look like someone with an RC background designed parts of it for sure! Although I actually think the motor mount is the most sensible/practical I've seen on this style of machine; why bother holding stuff in a can with grub screws etc when most motors that size come with mounting holes on the front anyway. Not sure about the heat sink, there is possibly some merit in having one but it looks a little ott / garish. My only real grumble is the patent pending and other shit written all over the machine, I'd want commission for advertising using that.

Does anyone know how much it even costs?

Its 350€ without taxes so its somewhere around 500$ same as the H.M machine

Hopefully its not a cheap stealth connection on the H.M machine at that price range... The Swiss uses the same connection as the Stealth ripoff and I hope it will last a lot longer too but I was told by someone who tattooed my me with Swiss machines that his were running for 3.5 years without any troubles to that day. It was the first thing I asked him because it broke on my Stealth so quickly.