View Full Version : just completed :-)

Slava INK-ing
08-30-2011, 12:40 PM
same concept, a new look, like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGtcpsEzM2I
can be transformed into a coil machine, without any alteration of the frame

slicksteel
08-30-2011, 12:52 PM
cool rustic look,how does perform for lining?

Slava INK-ing
08-30-2011, 02:32 PM
thanx! can be set for all. i'll put a video soon

wildboy
08-30-2011, 04:00 PM
Awesome how much are they? Do you have any for sale? Seems like the perfect transition to using rotaries after using coils...

Gandalf
08-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Perfect!!!

Slava INK-ing
08-31-2011, 06:40 AM
hi! thanx for comments (Hvala Gandalf :-) ).
price for machine is 250 euros.
here's the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKMZ4_f54l4

Mike3six
10-28-2011, 03:07 AM
WHAAAAA, that is beautiful! good god....

Mike3six
10-28-2011, 03:13 AM
this seems so tempting to try. i would to see how the give of the spring differs in rotaries as oppose to not having them...I've only used 5 so far and the only only only i swear by is ray's neo-tat machines, but this...is a beauty of a machine!

phatmountain
10-29-2011, 07:45 AM
That looks dope!!! Love the classic roughed up look.

jdawg
10-30-2011, 04:24 PM
That is a thing of beauty

Slava INK-ing
11-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Thanx all for comments!
Here's another5409

OwlsDen
11-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Do you make the frames yourself? If so can you do a custom frame? Like a classic jonesey? Or a jonesey sidewheeler?

G.Graves
11-06-2011, 08:38 PM
That's sick!!!!

Alie K
11-06-2011, 10:30 PM
That's pretty rad.

Slava INK-ing
11-07-2011, 01:05 PM
Yes, i made the entire machine. I can make any frame, whatever you want :-)
Thank again for comments!

wildboy
12-24-2011, 03:34 PM
Thanx all for comments!
Here's another5409

He He its mine! It arrived this morning....

This machine is so beautiful the photo doesnt even get close to how it looks...

When I watched the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKMZ4_f54l4 I couldnt imagine how that would work but its just as the video shows you can tune this machine just with the contact screw and more or less voltage. It hits so unbelievably soft I think Itll make a great shader but Ill give it a shot as a liner first the hard setting with the screw almost completly down seems perfect. You can turn the contact screw lots of time and adjust the machine very easily to anywhere between super soft and very hard. So looking forward to use it...

Must say Im impressed with the machine so far the technical part with the tuning and all works great and the design of the machine is just amazing.

OwlsDen
12-24-2011, 03:45 PM
Very cool, you have got to give a review once you use it some.

Sekt
12-24-2011, 09:46 PM
nice machine i like its simplicity- but the rubber bands look unprofessional, wonder would a needlebar clip be useful here? But machine sounds pretty quiet. any idea of what motor he uses forum?

Zapp
12-24-2011, 09:56 PM
nice machine i like its simplicity- but the rubber bands look unprofessional, wonder would a needlebar clip be useful here? But machine sounds pretty quiet. any idea of what motor he uses forum?

Sorry,but what is please unprofessional on a rubber band ??????

OwlsDen
12-24-2011, 10:13 PM
Yeah I second that thought. What's wrong with rubber bands? I have added a rubber band to a machine with a needle runner before as it wasn't tight enough. It is always good to have options and backups for when other things don't work.

peter clements
12-25-2011, 01:04 PM
If you look at Slava's machine it truly is a coil/rotary hybrid, the build looks very good and I think the price is more than reasonable.
Wildboy- when you do your review let's have some pictures of your machine :)
Owl-you're right about rubber bands, I prefer them for my RW and as you say, if you use just one with a needlerunner that's a good combination ,I find myself doing that with the crank rotaries usually.

wildboy
12-25-2011, 07:35 PM
Ok so this was day 1 with Slavas machine...

I used it for shading and colouring with a 13mag had no linework today but I have a lot of lines tommorow...

Some minor things I didnt like so far a stay up spring is missing Im totally used to it with the Swiss, Bishop and Dragonfly that it feels strange not having it. But I think this can be fixed somehow. Another even smaller thing is that the A-Bar nipple is to long I had to put the needle with grommet first and then add the tube couldnt handle it otherwise. But I will saw it off a little.

Anything else about the machine is just fantastic it was so much fun working with it. I retuned it once (made it a little softer) and used it for about 2 hours with smooth operation no problems at all. The machine runs steady and smooth hits hard enough for colouring (for my liking) and didnt damage the skin more than my Bishop or Swiss. I felt the extra weight though Im used to lighter machines for shading or colouring now but I think Ill love the weight for lining.

Its easy to pick up any rotary and shade or colour with it since you have more leeway but Im very confident using the machine for lining tomorrow. Looking forward to actually.

Its so much fun working with this machine its the best hybrid machine for me a classic frame style an aged look and some good adjustable rotary action we all love so much. And besides that Im still excited about that the whole machine is handmade by one man even the box the machine came in is handmade. I asked Slava if you he could build me a machine with a coin as a tube vice and an RCA connection and this was the machine he built... He made the RCA attachment out of a coin there are actually 4 coins that are used as parts of the machine I totally love stuff like that.

to be continued...

OwlsDen
12-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Pictures please!!!

wildboy
12-25-2011, 08:07 PM
hmmm its the machine from the pic thats already been posted...

OwlsDen
12-25-2011, 08:15 PM
I meant close up of the detail work that you had mentioned. But it is beautiful none the less. Nice white and purple two tone Swiss back there by the way. If I was having a hard time on what my next machine would be at least it is easier now. I am gonna have to hit him up after rent and bills are paid and see what magic he can make happen for me.

peter clements
12-26-2011, 08:58 AM
Yes, close up photos from different angles please. If you need to shorten your armature nipple ,grind it down gently with a Dremmel ,trying to cut it is a rather agressive action, that's how you can overdo things. You say no stay up spring? That surprises me as the machine is back sprung like a coil, though that doesn't really bother me, my RW has no return spring. It'll be interesting to hear what you have to say about lining with it.

OwlsDen
12-26-2011, 10:20 AM
I think he was saying that it effectively doesn't work like a return spring as the front spring is creating downforce as well as give. You can see in the picture that the abar is sitting a little down. I can't be certain but I assume the motor is pushing the abar up and the front spring pushes it down. A slight reversal of what a lot of machine like this are set up to do. Sorry if I am revealing possible secrets.

wildboy
12-26-2011, 07:05 PM
Yes thats the way it works... Splendid little system it is...

I was outling with it today it was an ok experience but Ill give it another shot for sure. I had to get used to the Dragonfly for a couple of days as well so I dont wanna throw the towel yet. The lines turned out ok had to redo some since I didnt go deep enough constantly. Had the feeling that I had to push just a little to get them in the skin right I really hate to do that thats why I never tried the Swiss for lining again. I retuned the machine to harder and it went a lot better then. Guess Ill get to where I want with it soon.

Its not the most silent machine but its still silent I made a short vid. The background music is close to mute and you can hear the clicking of the foot switch very loud the machine isnt as loud as it seems in the vid.

http://www.4shared.com/video/dvKyE7cO/MVI_0257.html

OwlsDen
12-26-2011, 07:18 PM
I was slightly hoping I was wrong. Great video, thanks for sharing. How is it in comparison to other machines for sound? The video is hard to tell from, but I am pretty sure you should oil your foot switch. Also what size liner did you use? I am guessing it might be more suited for fine lines 5 and below, as the strike is only from the spring. That would make it inherently soft. Still sounds like an awesome machine, and I am still pretty certain that I have to have one.

wildboy
12-27-2011, 06:33 AM
He He youre right about the oil...

I used it with a 5 round textured needle but Im pretty sure you can push loose 9s with ease! The machine is really powerful the spring system works fantastic he made the springs himself and sent an extra pair with the machine.

Ill try to do another vid soon and run different machines that the best way to really compare I guess.

OwlsDen
12-27-2011, 07:10 AM
I look forward to it.

Slava INK-ing
12-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Thank you all for your comments!
I'm busy these days so i can't take a part in a conversation with you often.
But i see that you are doing well even without me :-)
Best regards to all! :-)

Sekt
12-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Yeah I second that thought. What's wrong with rubber bands? I have added a rubber band to a machine with a needle runner before as it wasn't tight enough. It is always good to have options and backups for when other things don't work.

Whats wrong with rubber bands? -nothing. They work great- cheap, available, good balance of pressure, excellent backup, add more if required etc etc. I said rubber bands LOOK unprofessional. Customer sees a machine with rubber bands on it, they assume the machine is broken in some way, and held together with rubber bands, esp. if it is the first time customer gets a tattoo. It was fine back in the day, but I would think professionals would prefer another system than rubber bands, especially these days, when the industry is promoting a professional image. You wont see rubber bands being used in any other type of clinic. So to see a new machine using rubber bands, to me, that is- in my opinion, looks unprofessional.

Cyberitual
12-27-2011, 08:25 PM
They don't look cheap, that's like saying regular latex gloves is cheap and black looks more professional, lol ok. They serve multiple purposes and look great on my machine...

Sekt
12-28-2011, 07:51 AM
Nothing wrong with a little shameless self promotion lol! but in fact I think you have a point, black rubber bands would look more professional than neutral, maybe a custom band of rubber, or silicone type rubber would LOOK more professional, than a bag you pick up for 50 pennies at the corner shop.

wildboy
12-29-2011, 01:53 PM
I made a little vid for the noise comparison but I cant get it to play on 4shared somehow... The format is .mov and its about 140mb any ideas how to shrink the file?

OwlsDen
12-29-2011, 02:09 PM
Have you tried YouTube?

wildboy
12-29-2011, 02:34 PM
dont have an acoount...

OwlsDen
12-29-2011, 02:46 PM
It is free you just need a google account. YouTube is part of google

wildboy
12-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Its still too big the vid is 1min long and takes forever to load with the 140mb... Any ideas how to convert the file easily?

OwlsDen
12-30-2011, 01:34 PM
For windows go here

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/how-to-easily-compress-video-for-web-with-movie-maker/

OwlsDen
12-30-2011, 01:37 PM
For Mac open in QuickTime and use the export function I believe there is a setting for web. If your version is older and can not export use iMovie. If you can not do either there are free tools like media pipe, ffmpeg, etc. if I had my laptop handy I would double check. Working off a phone.

wildboy
12-30-2011, 02:09 PM
movie maker doesnt take the .mov format