PDA

View Full Version : Needlebar tensioner issue....Please read!!

Inkslinger
09-02-2011, 12:40 AM
First and foremost I am NOT trying to bash nor disrespect anyone, manufacturer nor machine.
That being said let's get to it.
Please, PLEASE be careful with the tensioner when putting it against the needle bar. As we all know when using metal tips and needles we do get some residue going into the skin, no way around it.Metal sliding on metal creates residue, albeit VERY minute.Now when using disposable tubes it still occurs but even less than with metal on metal.
Now what was found was when using the spring tensioner up against the needle bar it can create quite a bit of this residue. If its to tight and pushes the needle bar too far the needle really slides against the back of the tube and creates ALOT of residue. Enough that if you would run it clean for a few seconds you could actually wipe the residue off the needle with your finger.
Just making others aware of what others have found out.
So people, please be careful when using any kind of tensioning device that goes against and lays on or pushes against the traveling needle bar.
YES this is proven and yes by an authority in tattooing and it's actually on a video that this was found out.
Hope this was/is helpful to the tattooing community.
God Bless,
Take Care,
Russ

wildboy
09-11-2011, 03:26 AM
Keith Ciamarello is great isnt he?

Mr.Taboo
09-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Keith Ciamarello is great isnt he?
That video on rotaries is really very informative, though in defense of the Dragon Fly Keith was runnin' it dry and was messing with the tensioner showing what extremes it could be set for.
But it never hurts to use a little caution.

wildboy
09-11-2011, 10:40 AM
He He he was a bit biased over the Dragonfly all the time... But its human that we take sides and favour certain things. I wouldnt have bought a Bishop without his review.

Mr.Taboo
09-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Oh yeah , I'd say recommended viewing for someone looking to get into rotaries.

turnrock
09-11-2011, 11:19 AM
its really just common sense, you wouldnt put 10 rubber bands on a coil

wildboy
09-11-2011, 02:42 PM
Oh yeah , I'd say recommended viewing for someone looking to get into rotaries.

absolutely! thats 30 bucks well spent if you consider how much a professional rotary is gonna cost you...

Inkslinger
09-11-2011, 04:51 PM
Keith is da man. I wouldn't say he was bias against the dragonfly, just pointed out some really good facts that i think alot of people would overlook otherwise. Such as the machine sitting for a long period if needing parts to fix it.
I for one commend him and think it was ingenious to do a rotary review.
JMHO
Russ

turnrock
09-11-2011, 05:46 PM
all i have to say about that is dragonfly took 2 days to come in and they sell all the parts wich probably take just as long to ship. bishop 2 months and ive been trying to get them to sell me a rca backplate for 2 weeks now..they havent even gotten to taking my money yet.i love my bishop just saying that part of his review is just a speculation

The Limey
09-11-2011, 06:24 PM
Keith is da man. I wouldn't say he was bias against the dragonfly, just pointed out some really good facts that i think alot of people would overlook otherwise. Such as the machine sitting for a long period if needing parts to fix it.

He might not be biased but some of his points are 100% subjective; if you are a European tattooist then the Dragonfly spares issue goes out of the window and "shock horror", as posted above you might even find yourself waiting on parts for the Bishop even in the US.

Also if anyone genuinely feels the need to use that much tension, rotary machine or not, they should put all their machines in the trash and go concentrate on something truly important like trying to break the world record for the largest hand rolled booger ...

Mr.Taboo
09-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Offhand what is the record ? j/k

The Limey
09-11-2011, 11:21 PM
Offhand what is the record ? j/k

DO you think there might even be a record for that? I just made up something that to me at least sounded ridiculous ;)

fatcashdaddy
09-12-2011, 02:45 AM
Thanks for this thread, I got a great big laugh out of it...it is a joke,right?

Jim
10-02-2011, 02:04 AM
A tensioner that pushes on the front of the needle bar, would seem to definitely call for only as much as you need to keep it from flying off the armature. Any more and I'd be concerned that it would flex the needle tips off the tube, especially in the case of mags.

fkirons
10-03-2011, 10:00 PM
its really just common sense, you wouldnt put 10 rubber bands on a coilLIKE

fkirons
10-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I think the issue you are outlining is abuse of tension. Rubber bands will do the same thing if you exceed them.But I agree that no tensioner makes a cleaner machine. Rubber bands are disposables!

Inkslingers
10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
He might not be biased but some of his points are 100% subjective; if you are a European tattooist then the Dragonfly spares issue goes out of the window and "shock horror", as posted above you might even find yourself waiting on parts for the Bishop even in the US.

Also if anyone genuinely feels the need to use that much tension, rotary machine or not, they should put all their machines in the trash and go concentrate on something truly important like trying to break the world record for the largest hand rolled booger ...

Bingo!...as for breaking the record for a hand rolled booger, that title belongs to Margret Miller of Benton Indiana...who just last year rolled one with a length of 5.75 inches, and a girth of 7.88. (although it is being contested by other's in the booger rolling world due to suspected steroid use) Margret's daughter Constance seems to coming along rather nicely..and is expected to enter competition at a professional level as early as next year...if this picture of one of her practice runs give an indication of what she can do, the booger rolling world will be turned on it's heels!4832

Tiger Dan
10-04-2011, 03:06 PM
Bingo!...as for breaking the record for a hand rolled booger, that title belongs to Margret Miller of Benton Indiana...who just last year rolled one with a length of 5.75 inches, and a girth of 7.88. (although it is being contested by other's in the booger rolling world due to suspected steroid use) Margret's daughter Constance seems to coming along rather nicely..and is expected to enter competition at a professional level as early as next year...if this picture of one of her practice runs give an indication of what she can do, the booger rolling world will be turned on it's heels!4832I just spat hot coffee I've my laptop...lolololololol....LOL.