PDA

View Full Version : Chinese Hawk Copy !

Zapp
09-02-2011, 09:32 AM
Check out this hawk copy !
They copy everything,the site looks like from eikon !
Its a shame !
http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=334

The Limey
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
Damn, they even have a rip off Hawk (http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=760)power supply (http://www.*******************/goods.php?id=760)

Administrator
09-02-2011, 10:05 AM
The power supply? they copied Eikon's site as well.

fkirons
09-02-2011, 10:15 AM
This is really sad and unethical

Nedz
09-02-2011, 10:18 AM
I cant believe that, I had heard the rumors at Tattoo Jam but that looks like they are clearly ripping it off.

Tat2dPinoy
09-02-2011, 10:56 AM
They even call it Cheyenne in the description. disgusting

Mr.Taboo
09-02-2011, 11:00 AM
Geez a total rip , right down to the Eikon site FFS.

Inkslinger
09-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Ok who wants to bet the Intenze ink is the bootleg stuff?? LOL 3.50 a bottle? It's like everything that ever was or is being bootlegged all on one page!!
A builders/manufacturers nightmare!!
They couldn't even come up with their own page design. Really?
Enough rant.
Russ

Administrator
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM
Eikon catalog photos taken as well for the thumbnails.

Alie K
09-02-2011, 11:22 AM
I wonder if DMCA laws carry internationally? That's seriously amazing.

punkangel
09-02-2011, 03:33 PM
Ok who wants to bet the Intenze ink is the bootleg stuff?? LOL 3.50 a bottle? It's like everything that ever was or is being bootlegged all on one page!!
A builders/manufacturers nightmare!!
They couldn't even come up with their own page design. Really?
Enough rant.
Russ

Yep it's vacume packed kit gives it away, along wid da price lol

DavidEngbaek
09-02-2011, 03:58 PM
Scratchers assemble !!!!!

DavidEngbaek
09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
just thought of something....they bootleg everything except the Cartridges ....if your gonna Bootleg something go all the way dont be Half ass..lol
HAHAHAH I JOKE

Inkslinger
09-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Nope, cartridges are bootlegged too!! Got to needles section. 50 cartridges for like 32.00
I love how they have "Gun Kits"(the cheyenne) and "tattoo kits" reg. mach. kits.
AND needles for 4.00 a box.
UNFREAKINBELIEVABLE!!
Artists UNITE!! I wish.LOL
Russ

Mr.Taboo
09-02-2011, 08:24 PM
Shit they sell laser removers too , so after the scratchers screws up he can burn it of and have another go LOL.
I noticed the the site even makes the little Eikon " E " in my browser tab , guess they missed changing that.

Hammer
09-03-2011, 06:21 AM
AA-AAA What a mess!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm sorry, but why so sensitive to hawk fake machine? Who did not use stealth? It's fake swiss tattoo machine! What I do not recall that anyone that was not satisfied with the T-Tech =)) This is also a copy of Cheyenne! So, let's deal with T-Tech! Or is it a country of origin?
I agree it's not good. But let's not be hypocritical, we all use it ...
No offense. Just tired of all these empty conversations ...

merky
09-03-2011, 07:05 AM
when i got my u frame copied there was nothing anyone could do about it cause china does not care about us patents or any other ones for that matter, it just a matter of time befor they copy every machine, the only thing you can do is make the next version.

vsprotoss
09-05-2011, 10:16 PM
wow that is totally messed up dude.

crowman
09-09-2011, 11:23 AM
How would you tell the difference between them?........how would you know the place you bought your legit hawk machine aint importing from china? china now sell Micky Sharpz/ sunskin/ allsorts of copies.....sharpz even have the signiture.... this company sells Hawk cartridges for $25 for 50...............madness.....ebay destroyed the tattoo industry....and china bootlegged the world.............loonyology

slicksteel
09-09-2011, 11:31 AM
if we all reported the china etc sellers on ebay it would stop-i have reported like 10 at least. I dont have a problem buy china machines if they are original from them(own to 2 like that) buy they rip off the whole world-toys etc!

turnrock
09-09-2011, 01:08 PM
looks like they took the hawk off, i cant find it on there

elbo
09-09-2011, 01:26 PM
if we all reported the china etc sellers on ebay it would stop-i have reported like 10 at least. I dont have a problem buy china machines if they are original from them(own to 2 like that) buy they rip off the whole world-toys etc!

We should do that for sure....only recently a few of us got together and got a tattoo school taken off of ebay....i find ebay take more notice of a few reporting rather than just one!

slicksteel
09-09-2011, 01:35 PM
Yea that is tru if more people report then start thinking about how it might actually make them lose money. may be we could start a section on here were we list a bad seller and get others to report to.

Inkslinger
09-09-2011, 01:42 PM
The machine is on there.
But as said before, How do we know the so-called legit companies aren't getting stuff made in china and putting their "brand" on it?
This web-site offers the ability to do so...check needle section. They will put your name and company logo on the box.
I know for a fact that one of the companies ALOT of artists deal with have their needles made in China.
Now I DO NOT agree with copying products. But that being said it's hard to compete with a lot of this.
I live in central Pa. and there are 4 shops within 25 miles of each other. One shop guarantees to beat anyones prices etc. I know for a fact they have the 25.00 machines, chinese needles and ink etc. How is a shop to combat that when here at my shop we try and buy all american and the best equipment out there. Same goes for scratchers, they buy off freakin e-bay cheap as all h**l and do tats for next to nothing. sad part is when so-called customers come in and show it to you and say I only paid 10.00 for this and your shop min. is 45.00 haha. then you look at it, see all the bs going on on the tat and they think its a great tat.
Sorry for the rant.
Russ

slicksteel
09-09-2011, 01:45 PM
mithra needles! china made.

Mr.Taboo
09-09-2011, 02:31 PM
The machine is on there.
But as said before, How do we know the so-called legit companies aren't getting stuff made in china and putting their "brand" on it?
This web-site offers the ability to do so...check needle section. They will put your name and company logo on the box.
I know for a fact that one of the companies ALOT of artists deal with have their needles made in China.
Now I DO NOT agree with copying products. But that being said it's hard to compete with a lot of this.
I live in central Pa. and there are 4 shops within 25 miles of each other. One shop guarantees to beat anyones prices etc. I know for a fact they have the 25.00 machines, chinese needles and ink etc. How is a shop to combat that when here at my shop we try and buy all american and the best equipment out there. Same goes for scratchers, they buy off freakin e-bay cheap as all h**l and do tats for next to nothing. sad part is when so-called customers come in and show it to you and say I only paid 10.00 for this and your shop min. is 45.00 haha. then you look at it, see all the bs going on on the tat and they think its a great tat.
Sorry for the rant.
Russ
Yeah I feel a lot of what you're sayin' in my area a little over 5 square miles we went from having 3 shops to having 7 in less than a year , same crap too "beat any price" and all that shit.

crowman
09-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Here is a nightmare....i was the 4th tattooist in the whole town and surrounding area to open shop ....since this local council seems to be giving tattoo licences out to anyone with an ebay account there is now 18....all shop owning scratchers without a good piece of work between them.....i put up a bit of info on my web site to educate the unwarey....and most of their clients dont seem to mind the terrible work.

Mr.Taboo
09-09-2011, 05:53 PM
Yeah I've gone to some of the other shops FB accounts and there are pics of stuff that looks like the "before" shots of stuff I've covered . And they have people saying how great it looks and how they'll be in there soon. Mind boggling.

wildboy
09-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Almost every pre fab needle is manufactered in China no matter which supplier... Its impossible to get them soldered packed sterilized in Europe, Canada whereever besides China for such a cheap price. Some suppliers tell(!) that they send their own needles to China and get them made and send back from there. I think most of em just get their own logo and company name on the needles. Some productions are better than others but its all from China.

KONON
09-10-2011, 08:46 PM
А вот!http://www.yuelongtattoo.com/index.asp

crowman
09-11-2011, 06:50 PM
thought youd like an old builders opinion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoZ_DXOYgGg&feature=player_embedded

Deakon
09-12-2011, 04:12 AM
Almost every pre fab needle is manufactered in China no matter which supplier... Its impossible to get them soldered packed sterilized in Europe, Canada whereever besides China for such a cheap price. Some suppliers tell(!) that they send their own needles to China and get them made and send back from there. I think most of em just get their own logo and company name on the needles. Some productions are better than others but its all from China.

I'm with wildboy on this one, nearly all the similarly priced needles are made in china, same for disposable tubes. I can't see how something made in America would automatically be of better quality, especially since the cost of manufacture would be significantly higher. I would imagine the higher priced needles are, like workhorse and their $35 boxes.

andrewc
09-23-2011, 07:03 AM
Dear Friends and Loyal Customers,
It has just been brought to our attention that a Chinese manufacturer, "Cherry Tattoo & Body Jewelry Supply" have attempted to copy our entire website. In an effort to do so, they have copied our entire front end, creative design, backgrounds, layers, links and photography to make their site look and feel like ours.
We want to make it VERY CLEAR to everyone: We have absolutely NOTHING to do with this site or this manufacturer. They are not associated with us at all. They are not our "Asian counterpart".
Obviously, we have spent an enormous amount of time and resources to get our site to the place where it is now, so to have it copied by a manufacturer who is selling knocked-off versions of our own equipment - as well as those of other reputable suppliers and distributors - is being received as a direct attack on our company and our industry. We will be taking action to put a stop to this infringement.
DO NOT BE FOOLED by "Cherry Tattoo & Body Jewelry Supply". They clearly have NO integrity as a business if they can copy an entire website and pass it off as their own. How much integrity do you think they have with their product, or their safety standards, or their customer service? We think the answer is already clear.
Do the right thing - please forward this to everyone you know and put a stop to grey-market manufacturers who don't care about quality - only how much money they can make off of our industry.
Thanks for your continued support!
Your Eikon Team

Tat2nu
09-23-2011, 08:36 AM
I'm with wildboy on this one, nearly all the similarly priced needles are made in china, same for disposable tubes. I can't see how something made in America would automatically be of better quality, especially since the cost of manufacture would be significantly higher. I would imagine the higher priced needles are, like workhorse and their $35 boxes.

If I had to manufacture here in the states you would be looking at prices around $100/box for needles. Trust me I have looked into it. I am willing to bet there is nobody selling any volume of needles that are made here for less than $2.00/ea. There are very few artists that would be willing to spend that and most of them already have someone in their area who does it for them or still make their own.

[edit]---> I hope that did not sound like I was bashing Workhorse because I really like and respect BJ and what he is doing. Hell, I even dropped $400 with him for one of his red rotary's at the Paradise show. I was just giving my honest opinion based on information that I have.

slicksteel
09-23-2011, 11:26 AM
needlejig how do you go about doing quality control on your product as they are made far from you? give us insight on this part of the needle process.

Tat2nu
09-25-2011, 07:25 PM
I can tell you that I spec out the materials used, pin diameter, pin taper, grouping configurations and soldering characteristics and if at any time the product does not fall within my specs I do not have to pay for it and it is replaced as soon as possible by my factory. The exact manner in which I accomplish this is somewhat proprietary but I can tell you that I pay more because I demand more. That is also why I sell for more than some of the volume/profit based suppliers.

Amoebadesigns
09-25-2011, 08:25 PM
It's a sad truth but most everything these days is made in China. Even most of Eikons products are produced there as well. If you look on their needle boxes it says in plain English "made in China". I get a good chuckle from some of the Chinese suppliers and how they like to copy machines. On the fake Eikon website I found 4 of my machines in their machine lists that have been copied from me. I see them all the time on Chinese suppliers sites and Ebay. It's not like I make anything basic like some builders do...I make everything one of a kind and sculpted different so it's very easy for me to see the copies of my machines. To date I have found 7 different machine copies from my original machines and I'm sure there are way more than that. The strange thing is they were machines I made around 7 years ago that were on my website back then. I've attached the "copies" they did from my originals.

joelhague
09-27-2011, 12:06 AM
it looks like there stealth copy, the "import motor" looks very similar to the one used in the actual swiss machine, this site is madness, 20 tubes for 4 bucks?? ripping off the hawk like wtf , someone has to order that thing and tear it apart n post pics !

Assassin Rich
09-29-2011, 06:47 PM
I went to order one of these to see how close it worked like my hawk and hen pulled out my order.. the company emailed me alot and answered my questioned but i wondered if they were gonna ship it at all they even took a pic of it without the cheyenne c on the top of the machine.. my thougt was they were taking pics of a real hawk and not shipiing anything afte payment.. has anyone tried one of these?

slicksteel
09-29-2011, 06:55 PM
I think they wait for awhile because they figure you made your money of it,forgot about it and will not do anything about it. If built those and seen them for sell on ebay i would have them pulled.

fatcashdaddy
09-29-2011, 08:12 PM
i got one of the chinese hawks in today (the chawk...lol). I haven't had a chance to use it yet.... I start a new thread with pictures

inkinwi
09-30-2011, 03:30 AM
We have about 30 in about a 15, 20 mile radius in Milwaukee, new ones popping up all the time here.