PDA

View Full Version : German Evolution

Bishopbyname
09-03-2011, 03:15 AM
After seeing the posts on here about these machines i just had to order one. I actually don't mind the clipcord attachment, it keeps the clipcord well out of the way when tattooing. The motor came wrapped the same way the Rotaryworks machines are so that's an improvement. I did find the needlebar fixing a little cumbersome and will definitely be cutting a slot into the screw which will negate the need for cutting needlebars. I think the overall idea for this clamp style is unique and does mean there's no need for rubber bands, i don't see it as a negative at all. The machine is extremely light and very close to completely silent and runs smooooooooth.

So far i have used it to pack colour on 3.5 volts with an 11 mag and it performed very well indeed! Considering the very reasonable price of £130.95 incl shipping, i believe this machine to be a very useful addition to anybodys machine arsenal. Today i'm hoping to shade with it and i will put my feedback on this post as i get more used to this very nice little machine.

tatoo-kid
09-03-2011, 04:36 AM
Is my favoryte machine for shading, I normaly runing at 2,7v.
How you compares to the rapier for packing color?

Denner
09-03-2011, 06:41 AM
I already love mine, have fitted a RCA on the back of the machine, and have mounted the T-Tech EZ grip and cartridge system, so no need to cut any needlebars any more, looks like this, before the RCA modification :

http://www.rotarytattoo.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4053&d=1314558057

Runs so smooth, and with the T-Tech system, I can do lining, shading and color packing, with just one machine, with a minimal time waste :)

tatoo-kid
09-03-2011, 06:58 AM
To me seems a bit slower for lining, until now I steel prefer a coil machine for this job.
But the machine runs awesome for shading.

spoonertattoos
09-04-2011, 01:01 AM
denner do you have a picture of the after mod?

Deakon
09-04-2011, 04:01 AM
Glad you like the machine, if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask in here or pm me directly.

Denner
09-04-2011, 04:25 AM
RCA "quick 'n' dirty" mod, will be mounting the RCA plug where it is positioned now, but with out all the ugly looking wires and stuff :)

Bishopbyname
09-06-2011, 06:22 PM
Tried shading with it today using an 11 mag bugpin from Mike Metaxa's Inquisition. I've got a fast hand and like a short stroke so for this method i put the machine on 4v. I don't think it would be wise to use it at that speed with a bigger stroke, it'd be like ploughing a field! Really impressed with the function of the machine. It's sooooooo light and quiet. When using disposables it's like shading with a pencil! Between this machine and my Mike Metaxa i've improved my black and grey 10X. At last i can just concentrate on what i'm doing and not fight against my machines. Hooray for rotarys! :D