PDA

View Full Version : Dragonfly

TattoosbyShay
09-07-2011, 11:52 AM
I usually am told that I have a pretty light hand, but seems I'm getting mixed reviews from my clients that when I use the dragonfly it seems to hurt more than when I use to use my coils. Do ya'll who own dragonflys have the same issue or is it just me. I love the way it shades but just wondered if there was something with the machine that I could do, since I keep hearing "it causes less trauma and pain to the skin"

Tat2dPinoy
09-07-2011, 12:01 PM
How much give are you using and at what voltage are you running at? Short or long stroke?

elbo
09-07-2011, 12:25 PM
My dragonflys hurt more according to my customers!...and ive heard the same from many other dragonfly users!

turnrock
09-07-2011, 12:56 PM
i recently touched up a tattoo i did on myself with coils years ago with the dragonfly. the linework barely hurt compared to what i remember from the first time, the shading felt the same.i had it cranked to almost no give so i dont know if more give would change the feeling.

TattoosbyShay
09-08-2011, 12:05 AM
when I'm doin black & grey i have alot of give and run it at about 9.5 volts with color I usually have minimal give and turn it up to 10.5. I think its a short stroke. Not to sure about the stroke still tryna adjust to the rotary.

How much give are you using and at what voltage are you running at? Short or long stroke?

The Limey
09-08-2011, 05:19 AM
I use my long stroke as a packer with approx 3/4 to 1 turn of give at 8.5V and have been told by a guy I've been working on for over a year that its the least painful machine I've used on him...

Its purely subjective as everyone tattoo's differently but my suggestion would be to try starting at a lower voltage and see if that helps any.

Tat2dPinoy
09-08-2011, 10:38 AM
when I'm doin black & grey i have alot of give and run it at about 9.5 volts with color I usually have minimal give and turn it up to 10.5. I think its a short stroke. Not to sure about the stroke still tryna adjust to the rotary.

Only the red DF comes as a short stroke if no one has made changes to it. I assume you're using a long stroke, which at those voltages, may make your customer a little uncomfortable. I agree with Limey and I run between 8.5-9.5V, just slow it down a little

The Limey
09-08-2011, 11:00 AM
Only the red DF comes as a short stroke if no one has made changes to it.

Are you talking about my red long stoke mate? LOL