PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow artist :)

ta2g
09-07-2011, 05:46 PM
I am new to this forum. I would love to meet new fellow tattoo artist and get feed back from what everyone uses here. I love using rotarys! My daily everyday rotary is the swiss rotary! I love the swiss rotary packs color and gray wash is also amazing.

I just received a week ago the bishop. I would love any feed back about that rotary. So far I like but I still need to get used to it being that it is a fast rotary at 9.5 volts. I will try diffrent needle configurations to find that right technique that is right for my hand movement. Hopefuly I meet awsome people here.

Mr.Taboo
09-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the forum , you can use the search for info on the bishop and if you can't find the info you're looking for just post a question.

Dreviltattoo
09-07-2011, 07:09 PM
welcome to the forum. if your bishop is too fast then turn down the voltage. Taboo ur running bishops right?

ta2g
09-07-2011, 09:25 PM
thank you for your reply mr.taboo. when i use the bishop i colored at 9.5 volts and felt like i got more blood compared to using my stealth and swiss rotary. i used a 7 and 15 regular mag when it bled more at 9.5 volts. i switched today and used a 17 bugpin and saw less blood. mr.taboo wen you use your bishop for coloring what volts do you use your bishop? and what needle configuration would you suggest?and thank you dreviltattoo. i did lower it at 9volts and felt less trauma to the skin.

Alie K
09-07-2011, 10:01 PM
thank you for your reply mr.taboo. when i use the bishop i colored at 9.5 volts and felt like i got more blood compared to using my stealth and swiss rotary. i used a 7 and 15 regular mag when it bled more at 9.5 volts. i switched today and used a 17 bugpin and saw less blood. mr.taboo wen you use your bishop for coloring what volts do you use your bishop? and what needle configuration would you suggest?and thank you dreviltattoo. i did lower it at 9volts and felt less trauma to the skin.

Do keep in mind that even though the Stealth and the Bishop are both rotaries, the motors are different, and will require different voltages to do their jobs. I always start them out low, do some whip shading, and see what it looks like, if you don't get a nice peppering, you are running the voltage too high for your hand speed.

ta2g
09-07-2011, 10:55 PM
thank you alie k for the advice

Mr.Taboo
09-08-2011, 12:36 AM
Yeah I'm runnin' a Bishop I hesitate to hand out advice as I still feel I'm getting the hang of working with it.
But I can tell what I've been doing though your results may vary. Also keep in mind each client will require adjustments as per their skin types.
9.0 Volts seems to be a good starting point perhaps 8.0 to 8.5 if you're concerned about chewing someone up.
For grey work I've been running 9.5v to 10.0v with not a lot of needle hanging out, groupings Standard 9 mag , 13 mag also Bug pins 11 mag , 15 mags. Using straight black and washes depending on the job.
For color work 9.5v to 8.6v average amount of needle hanging out maybe a bit more , groupings Standard Textured mags 5,7,9 sometimes 11.
Lining 10.0v for single pass lines 9.0v +/- for built up lines , textured liners from 3s all the way on up to 9s.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse too much , like I said I'm still getting a feel for the Bishop myself.

ta2g
09-08-2011, 10:51 AM
thank you for the information mr.taboo i will give them combinations a try. the bishop website requires 9.5 - 10.5 volts so i was curious if others ran it lower than 9.5. thank you for all the help. So far no one was chewed up, but one tattoo i did with the bishop was not as solid, and if i remember i ran it for color at 10volts. but than again it could be the area where it was which was close to the elbow. since seeing that tattoo iv'e been questioning myself if i should run at 10 - 10.5 volts. I'll experiment more. thank you

The Limey
09-08-2011, 11:05 AM
Check this thread (http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthread.php/1255-Bishop) for voltage info.

Administrator
09-08-2011, 11:49 AM
Copied the above posts to that thread as well, thanks limey!

ta2g
09-08-2011, 06:09 PM
thank you everyone. that helped alot